Descent 3 level 13...

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

joku
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Descent 3 level 13...

Post by joku »

How in the world does someone get in the engine surge chamber after the engines have activated? I've been trying to get in for too long now. Way WAY too long. Trying trying trying trying trying... I do not have earlier savegame and even if I did have it, I would not use it because I'd have to hunt down again all those stormtroopers. Right now there are only 5 left.

There simply isn't enough time to get in.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

Use the afterburner, that's how I did it.
I assume you haven't herd of \"tapping\" the burners. Tap your burners in short bursts while keeping them over 90 but less than 100; you go faster.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Also you may find the info you need by watching these.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Cypher501

First vid of level 13

It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Try this:

There's a sort of 'ledge' on the wall you can get to and brace against, about halfway through that room. If you can get there, it'll hold you during a blast, then you can go the rest of the way during the next pause.

----------

FYI, so you don't worry about it:

The scripting on that level has a little bug. When you finish the secondary objective, it lists it as \"Tertiary objective complete\", so it won't show as completed in your objectives list, even though it's done.

----------

Next time, you might try Moon's Descendarium, it's a great resource.
joku
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by joku »

Whoa! I did it, finally. I got in by accident and I got stuck on that ledge, inside the engine. Saved game there, carefully managed to afterburn myself in the hole. Saved game again, three times in fact.

Though I did not kill all of the troopers, there were few left but Descendarium said that can happen so I guess it's OK.

(I mastered Descent 1 and 2 in the 90's but bought Descent 3 from internet auction only few years ago... I've played it maybe five times now but this is the first time I've managed to beat level 13. In the past, I had to cheat myself into level 14. :-) )

Thanks!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yeah, that's a fun level. There are like 3 fuses objects that are hidden that do various things too.

Be warned that it crashes on multiplayer in 1.4 version. as does level 5 many times. 1.5 fixed it but as it's never been \"officially\" released, few use it ...even when ... well I won't go into that. ;)

Congrats. The engine room is a tough one. There is a hidden mega missile near the top of engines passed the passage you are aiming for.
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

Level 12 and 13 were always my favorites. But I've never been a big D3SP fan.
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

I'm probably the biggest fan of the singleplayer levels. Parents never let me go online for the longest time, but when I could, PXO had just recently died. So I had no idea that the community still lived and that multiplayer games were still played. I had been playing the regulae campaign for 8 1/2 years since day 1. Didn't even hear that there was Mercenary till 6 years after day 1. Never touched any downloadable SP levels before I joined the community little over a year ago. I still think I have come a long way. :)
typematrix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Descent 3 level 13...

Post by typematrix »

.... !
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re: Descent 3 level 13...

Post by Alter-Fox »

Setting guidebot to "find robot" mode helps me out most of the time... I've heard other folks have had difficulties with it leading them back to the same places over and over sometimes but that doesn't mean it's not worth a try.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
typematrix
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by typematrix »