The Illuminati

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Do you believe the illuminati conspiracy is real?

Yes
33%
No
67%
I dont know what this is.
No votes

Total votes: 15
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

The Illuminati

Post by S13driftAZ »

Any opinions on this conspiracy?
I dot yet fully understand it and would like to hear what you guys have to say about it.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Alex Jones needs to be taken with a bag of salt.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

It's already public knowledge about secret organizations like the kaballah and illuminati being real.

If you don't believe so, you're choosing to be ignorant.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Burlyman »

Behemoth wrote:It's already public knowledge about secret organizations like the kaballah and illuminati being real.

snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

Deus Ex convinced me :P

On a serious note: I'm sure there are plenty of world manipulation organizations out there. I'm sure that \"The Illuminati\" exist out there somewhere. What I don't know is where the myth/delusion of their power ends, and where the reality of their power begins. I doubt even they know the truth to that answer. (They probably have a lot better idea than the rest of us shmos... I'd say they would tend to over-estimate their power.)
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Insurrectionist »

Deus Ex was a great game.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by S13driftAZ »

Behemoth wrote:It's already public knowledge about secret organizations like the kaballah and illuminati being real.

No no no, im talking about the conspiracy... the belief that they are the illuminated and they will establish world peace and stuff. The other stuff is about them controlling chaos and order like economic decline and stuff.

Here -

Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") is a name that refers to several groups, both historical and modern, and both real and fictitious. Historically, it refers specifically to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776. In modern times it is also used to refer to a purported conspiratorial organization which acts as a shadowy "power behind the throne", allegedly controlling world affairs through present day governments and corporations, usually as a modern incarnation or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati. In this context, Illuminati is often used in reference to a New World Order (NWO). Many conspiracy theorists believe the Illuminati are the masterminds behind events that will lead to the establishment of such a New World Order.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

No deal. :P
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

lol Drift, that's called the anti-christ. ;)

as for the age of enlightment... it's done wonders so far eh? :roll:
aaronb
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by aaronb »

Regarding Kabbalah, this is like saying your university psychology class is a secret organization. Kabbalah is jewish mysticism -- a study of hidden meaning behind Torah, not some group of people.
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Pandora »

Regarding Kabbalah, this is like saying your university psychology class is a secret organization.
:P