Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse...

Post by MD-1118 »

... that's right. I've progressed (or should I say digressed?) from existential solipsism to metaphysical nihilism. Behold, in all its inglorious convolution: the end of the philosophical road. The usage of this turn of phrase is objectively subjective, as the nonexistence of anything, including existence itself, excludes the possibility of an end, a road, philosophy, indeed anything at all. God, I can feel my mind warping into a Klein bottle just thinking about it. Then again, my mind might not exist, so- why am I typing this? It might not matter, so I might not need a reason. Wrap your minds around that, assuming you do in fact exist. Otherwise, go about your possibly nonexistent lives.

Whoa, de ja vu...
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Nice reference to Klein bottles. :P
MD-1118
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by MD-1118 »

Why, thank you, Foil. I've been brushing up somewhat on my set theory as well. I'm subjectively glad to see someone bothered to read this topic, much less reply (and in such a sly, offhand fashion at that!). While it is (again, subjectively) true that I am now a nihilist, and therefore a bit further gone off the deep end than a solipsist, I am a weak nihilist, versus the previous strong solipsist. It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway and make the comparison to a humanist becoming an agnostic. At least, I think that's right...
DarkHorse
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by DarkHorse »

This commentary is deep and meaningless.
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

Maybe...
(20:12) STRESSTEST: Im actually innocent this time