Obama’s Well Organized Community Is Falling Apart

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by TechPro »

Bet51987 wrote:
TechPro wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:
Spidey wrote:Bee, do you mean “public” schools, or “all” schools?
I don't want creationism taught in public schools. There is nothing I can do about parochial schools.

Bee
You do realize, what's wrong with that? You're demanding that the concepts of atheism be taught in the schools while refusing to permit creationism to be taught in the schools. That is just as wrong as refusing to allow evolution to be taught in the schools.

If we're going to do public schools correctly, both precepts would need to be taught, never excluding one or the other.

... and just like any exam, the students should not need to believe the concept, just be able to answer the questions correctly.
I believe in the separation of church and state. I know what the founding fathers meant but I'm using it in the same context as the bible being taken both literally and symbolically.

What you're proposing would ruin religion. You want kids to open one book that says God created Adam and Eve as the common ancestor for all mankind, that the earth is 6000 years old, and dinosaurs, humans, and every other creature lived together at the same time as shown in the creation museums.

Then, the other book that says Humans descended from a common ancestor millions of years ago, the earth is aproximately 4.7 billion years old, and dinosaurs became extinct at the end of the cretaceous period 65 million years before humans evolved.

You really want that?

Bee
Sure. I got no problem with that, and IMHO my religion isn't threatened by it, and it shouldn't be a threat to anyone's religion. If a person's religion is threatened by it, then perhaps they should look for a better religion (IMO).

Now I ask you, are you afraid of that? Having both concepts taught side by side?

Giving children, the opportunity to make their own choice (and to have the tools to do so) is imperative to their development. The chance to have the choice (and having the information relevant to both choices) is necessary for the child to make the choice. Denying the information regarding either choice is wrong, and by denying the information of either is to make the whole thing biased. Having the information presented in the schools being biased in favor of one concept or the other is wrong.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Dedman »

Bet51987 wrote:
Dedman wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:I want them all dead because I don't consider them human beings

Bee

I don't mind you rubbing my nose in something I said but those were not my words. :wink:

Bettina
Really? Which one of those 12 words isn't yours? Because IIRC they all were.
Those are all mine.

Bee
Thank you for being honest about your hypocracy.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

Bet51987 wrote:
Or do you just have it in for me personally....

Bee
oh please. you've played this card over and over. no one's gonna let you get away with it. not now. not ever.

don't for one second think that anyone has it 'in for you' because they don't. if anyone has a problem, it's with your attitude. It stinks and you know it.

now smarten up.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Bettina wrote:Or do you just have it in for me personally....
You flatter yourself. And people think I'm paranoid.

I actually sat back earlier and thought about how it seems you get picked on a lot on these forums and felt kinda bad. Then I realized you just have a long track record of being wrong.

At least blame your mistakes on a bad tooth-brain infection like a real man would. :lol:
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

I am Not a Bigot wrote:Are the soldiers hunting down and killing the Taliban bigots too?
UHM no they are fighting a war to protect your sorry bigoted ***. so you can live to say those sorry bigoted statements that you like to say so often.

the really sad part is you REALLY have NO idea what you are.

But look on the bright side guys!!!! your all now official card carrying members of the "Loyal order of Bettina's right wing extremist hate group"

Woodchip and I were getting lonely :P
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

You guys done feeling superior now?

20 yards for piling on.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Spidey wrote:You guys done feeling superior now?
I have no sympathy for Bee. and I have been calling her on her hypocracy for YEARS this is nothing more than the same thing . it has been her attitudes and her attitudes alone that have brought this on and nothing more, she has shown herslf to be a hypocryte in several area's of her life, her "religion" her "Politics" and now her out look to her fellow man
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Dedman »

Spidey wrote:You guys done feeling superior now?

20 yards for piling on.
This ain't college ball. Piling on is encouraged in this league. :lol:
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

I think you got called a biggot because we're supposed to be better than our enemies, but what you expressed was the same opinion of them that they have of you. My 2 cents.

I'm not saying I'm not a biggot towards my enemies, that's why I haven't touched it. It is strange, however, that only one insane idiot attacked me for acting hatefully, while Bettina gets piled on for it. Maybe it's 'cause I'm \"right-wing\". I think saying that is only fair.

9/11 was an inside job, anyway, and Al Quaida is in pockets with the CIA... The real enemies are the Federal Reserve and the members of the Bilderburg Group.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote: P.S. Cuda if I had a shred of respect for you I would have apologized to you to. But I just don't.

Bee
personally your respect matters little to me.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Bee, I think in “this” case you are being called a bigot as sort of paybacks, because you like to use the word, in relation to others. (I tried to warn you, in another thread, but you didn’t want to listen) And, there are some who just want to give you ★■◆●.

It’s called hypocrisy.

Now you can get mad at me all over again…

As far as what you said, well…

Hatred for your enemy is a perfectly logical feeling, and de-humanizing them is a tried and true tradition, especially amongst the military.

You know it, I know it and they know it.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Bet, I do wanna say, I don't have a problem with you, it's all about the issues and how we present them to each other. While things might be harsh on one subject I'll still take the time to PM you if I have questions...Theres no reasoning in confusing heated discussion with personal problems.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Spidey wrote:Bee, I think in “this” case you are being called a bigot as sort of paybacks, because you like to use the word, in relation to others. (I tried to warn you, in another thread, but you didn’t want to listen) And, there are some who just want to give you *****.

It’s called hypocrisy.

Now you can get mad at me all over again…

As far as what you said, well…

Hatred for your enemy is a perfectly logical feeling, and de-humanizing them is a tried and true tradition, especially amongst the military.

You know it, I know it and they know it.
I'm not mad at you even when I'm mad at you. If they're giving me some form of "payback" then I can accept that. I would even be relieved. However, if they didn't like me dissing the Taliban then I would find that disgusting. Right now, I don't know which it was.

Bee
Stroodles
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Stroodles »

In my opinion, we SHOULD be killing all the taliban. I believe that they are human, just humans who have commited heinous acts. They don't deserve to die because of they are not human, but because they have commited such acts.

I'm pretty sure Bee is trying to get at something very similar, but was poorly phrased. They are human, but they're actions show them to be lacking in humanity.

After all, they attacked us, they provoked us, they refuse to leave us alone. If they didn't want us to take vengeance, then they shouldn't have attacked.

As far as the attack on Bee is concerned, your words are very easily translated into what you're being accused of. I can see there exists a fine line between Bee's thinking and that of the Taliban, and I think that line has been ignored inside this thread. Denying that meaning is okay, but denying that translation is a bit of a stretch.

In an attempt to make this have *something* to do with the original thread, I find that study a bit funny. 888 groups, and right-wingers in every one? I was unaware that we were so hateful :P . Regardless of which site published the article about the study, or whether canadian sites are fairer then american ones, or any of that; NONE OF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE CONTENT OF THE STUDY. The point of the thread is that hate groups are being labeled as a purely right wing thing, which is biased in the extreme.
Amg! It's on every post and it WON'T GO AWAY!!
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by VonVulcan »

Ding ding ding, We have a winner!!

Stroodles wrote:Regardless of which site published the article about the study, or whether canadian sites are fairer then american ones, or any of that; NONE OF THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE CONTENT OF THE STUDY.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

do hostage negotiators make friends with hostage takers?

Negotiation has nothing to do with friendship.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I take it when \"all Taliban should die\" that includes the children also?
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

The Taliban are not a race, are your children Republicans?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Ummm Spidey, would you like to rethink what you said or would you like me to explain it?
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Pandora »

Woodchip wrote:Only white, capitalist, constitutionalist, Christian, pro-freedom, in other words, “right-wing extremists” made the list.

Black on white crime is not “hate.” Black on black crime is not “hate.” Muslim on Christian crime is not “hate.” According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, only white, Christian, capitalists opposed to Marxism and attending Town Hall meetings are guilty of “hate.”
again not double checking your own sources. The list includes lots of Black organizations, like the Nation of Islam and the Black Panthers, so this stuff is completely untrue.

Also the list was defined by "All hate groups have beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics." Crime is not the relevant characteristic, although it is certainly a part. So it does not matter that there is no "Black on Black" crime, because it is not group membership related.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Wood, I probably already know what you are going to say…

You know how she feels about killing children.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I suspect you do Spidey. My point was you cannot set up whole classes of people for extermination without being viewed as being no better than Hitlers \"Final Solution\". Bee has to learn her form of demagoguery is at times far worse than those she accuses of practicing.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Pandora wrote:
Woodchip wrote:Only white, capitalist, constitutionalist, Christian, pro-freedom, in other words, “right-wing extremists” made the list.

Black on white crime is not “hate.” Black on black crime is not “hate.” Muslim on Christian crime is not “hate.” According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, only white, Christian, capitalists opposed to Marxism and attending Town Hall meetings are guilty of “hate.”
again not double checking your own sources. The list includes lots of Black organizations, like the Nation of Islam and the Black Panthers, so this stuff is completely untrue.

Also the list was defined by "All hate groups have beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics." Crime is not the relevant characteristic, although it is certainly a part. So it does not matter that there is no "Black on Black" crime, because it is not group membership related.
My post was illustrative of a certain mindset. Certainly not all inclusive but containing enough indicators to make my point.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Spidey »

Bet51987 wrote:Being compared to Hitler by the usual suspects in this forum is not surprising to me at all but what I do find surprising is the faint glow of sympathy they show for the Taliban.
You mean like the term “fellow man”…as it was stated?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:Whether I consider the Taliban to be human or not (I don't) doesn't take away the fact that I want them dead right along with their religion. I can't make that any clearer nor will I apologize for it. I would wish both of them away in a second.

Bee
I find the similarities between you and the Taliban remarkable, they feel exactly the same way about you. they want you dead along with your religion. and they could not make it any clearer nor will they appologize for it. HOW IRONIC :shock:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

at first I almost responded by saying Nice dodge. but then I thought about it and realized that your attempt at turning the subject against me was lame at best.

your attitudes are Talibanish. deny it all you want but your own words have condemned you :wink:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

Can you say \"spin\"?
(20:12) STRESSTEST: Im actually innocent this time
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Bet51987 wrote:He's picking on me!
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Martin Luther King, jr. wrote:We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Bet51987 wrote:
I've made no bones about my feelings toward the Taliban since day one where I've called them, morlocks, uncivilized monsters, and sub humans so have fun trying to pretend it's something new.
Exactly the same sort of debasing rhetoric hitler used towards the Jews. I suggest you google "jews cartoon hitler" and see how stunningly close you come to matching the Nazis propaganda machines portrayal of Jews. Such as:

http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/sturmer.htm
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:That's what I thought.
and please enlighten us, what exactly was this thought you had

― Theodore Roosevelt
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Bet51987 wrote:
I feel a strawman coming....

Bee
I can see Bee singing the old Wizard of Oz song by the Scarecrow..."If I Only Had A Brain"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:
CUDA wrote:
Bet51987 wrote:That's what I thought.
and please enlighten us, what exactly was this thought you had
I said: "There are soldiers who hunt down the Taliban and kill them on sight every single day so I wonder if you and your friends have that same attitude (hitler, nazis, etc) toward them as you have toward me."

You answered by quoting Martin Luther King instead.

I feel a strawman coming....

Bee
you really dont get it do you????

those men have chosen a duty to defend you from people like the Taliban, not out of hate but out of a sense of honor. but you have chosen to hate people like the Taliban and not defend others, you say I hate them and I want them dead but someone else go do it. again your hypocrisy

~ Man is always inclined to be intolerant towards the thing, or person, he hasn't taken the time adequately to understand... ~