class sub

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

class sub

Post by Isaac »

For my new degree I have to take an \"art appreciation\" or \"music appreciation\" course.
I've taken loads and loads of Jazz band, orchestra, and regular band classes at the same university.
Also I have an art degree with classes that transfered, from another college. The adviser said I can't sub anything. Do you THINK the department head might do something about this?
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: class sub

Post by Floyd »

Isaac wrote:Do you the department head might do something about this?
do you want us to find their telephone number for you?
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Sure. You're a good helper.

I'm probably going to have to go down there in person. Anyway, I suppose no one here has been in this situation. Due to a lack of a response.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

I had a dept. head help me with a course substitution once, but it was a different situation. In any case, it's worth a shot.

P.S. I'd suggest approaching with the question, \"is there any way you can help me?\", rather than, \"please do this for me.\"
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Thank you foil. I'll remember that.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

Can't comment for US Universities/Colleges but in Aust. it's usually not difficult to sub classes - you just need to prove a direct link between your chosen unit and the ultimate end-goal of your degree/diploma/skill aquisition plan.

So many jobs/careers require cross-discipline problem solving these days that it shouldn't be a problem - even arts/music careers are not immune.

(Having an industry professional support your choice in writing because it will help \"broaden your skillset and increase your odds of employment wouldn't hurt either ;)