snow tomorrow in austin texas

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

snow tomorrow in austin texas

Post by Isaac »

I refuse to go outside tomorrow. Me, ice, and a ford ranger with a lite back end don't mix.

It's suppose to drop down to 27F! There's a reason I live in Texas. I do hot and dry, not cold and wet.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Bring it on. Sadly we have had nothing but rain here.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Pfhhhht! 27 is balmy where I live. Forecast is -20 F for this weekend with highs of -6 F.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I don't know how you do it. that's very cold.
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

Hah! I live in Tucson, Arizona, which means its 40 degrees outside!

You people and yer cold weather :P
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

We get -40f in our winter here. Don't mind it at all if you are dressed for it.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

yeah that's true
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I love how the snow sounds at or below -20f. It squeaks and creaks when you walk on it. Lousy for snowball fights, doesn't stick to itself. I remember it getting down to -10f during the day and -30f at night several days in a row when I lived in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Gawd that felt cold! At least it was dry. Everything sounded so crispy!

We're supposed to get cold in Oregon this weekend, but 25f probably sounds a little balmy to you Canuck. :lol: We may even get some snow flurries if moisture comes down from the north with it.
Warlock
DBB 3D Artist
DBB 3D Artist

Post by Warlock »

its 32 in Midland Tx and it feels good to me :)
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I'll eat some beans and point my posterior Southward to push the colder air your way so you can have some snow Tunnelcat :P
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Canuck, god of wind.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

tunnelcat wrote:I love how the snow sounds at or below -20f. It squeaks and creaks when you walk on it.
I love that sound. :)

Being from Oklahoma, my experience with snow was with the wet/sticky/slushy stuff that just melted into sheets of dirty ice.

But now that I'm in Denver, Colorado, I absolutely love it! Winter snows here are crisp, dry, sparkling, and just make the world a beautiful place. In the words of one of my favorite Christmas songs, "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow"! :D

As to the cold, I'm actually kind of enjoying it. We took our 16-month-old to a friend's house last night (it was about 5F, so we had him bundled like crazy) - he wasn't crazy about all the clothing, but he soon discovered he could see his breath in the air, and thought that was the coolest thing ever.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Tunnelcat »

Canuck wrote:I'll eat some beans and point my posterior Southward to push the colder air your way so you can have some snow Tunnelcat :P
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Oregonians and snow DON'T mix well when it comes to driving in it. Thanks loads by the way, the cold IS coming from Canada! They're predicting it on Sunday. By the way, chicory root fiber is FAR better at making intestinal gas than beans. Go try some of those nice Fiber One bars or products they sell in the store, hee, hee!

Foil, that's what I loved about the snow in Colorado, cold, dry and very easy to drive in. When it snows around here, the temps are usually around the triple point and most of the time the roads are just plain snot city ice driving and bumper cars galore. Stupid people around here JUST haven't figured out how to SLOW DOWN when it snows!

I also love how sound travels in the extreme cold and snow. You can hear noises that are quite a distance away, but close up sounds are muffled.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

The Snow we have here is is very wet most of the time. So it tends to be very slick. that and we only get a good dose of it about every 8 years or so; so a whole new generation grows up never having much xp in driving in the stuff.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

We got our first winter snow here too.
Here are pictures of the dogs playing... Haley was terrified of the snow at first. She lept over the snow as much as she could before getting to the tree (ground wasn't covered there) and doing her business.

Abbey on the other hand, was happy to see snow again. Here are some pics.

Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

It's been chilly in Texas recently. :)

Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

This was from last year when we got our foot of snow and inch of ice! >.<

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

It snowed a little for about 30 minutes then stopped. :cry:
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

Kir I love your dogs especially the shepherd.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Thanks a lot for the cold, Canuck! It's gotten down to 9F at night and has only gotten to 24F in the daytime, with a -1F dew point no less! At least this will do some good killing garden bugs and pests with no snow cover to protect them!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Today we were digging out from a rather large snowstorm in Southern Wisconsin. It snowed almost 2 feet worth at around 29-31 degrees outside, so its massively wet heavy snow. You can hardly call this stuff snow, white concrete would be a better name for it.
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

Yeah I'm up here in the upper peninsula of Michigan, we got hit pretty hard yesterday. It was 12 degrees when I got up this morning...
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

We were hit hard yesterday. About 8 inches and getting another 2 today. Love it.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Woke up to -9°F yesterday morning (not counting wind-chill). By comparison, the 5°F this morning felt like a heat wave. 8)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ah oh! Warm weather's pushing up from the south and it's wet. It's going to ride up over the heavy cold air trapped on the valley floor on Friday night and freeze as it falls! Effing freezing rain! The ground is frozen from the well below freezing temps we've had for 4 days, so it's going to be a sheet of ice for the weekend before it warms up enough to melt. Just lovely! :x
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

The twelve degrees felt balmy compared to this mornings -10F!
EngDrewman
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by EngDrewman »

What are you griping about? Pack your freezer full of \"Texas Snowballs\" and sell them on ebay and get rich!
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Gekko71 »

EngDrewman wrote:What are you griping about? Pack your freezer full of "Texas Snowballs" and sell them on ebay and get rich!
Yeah I'd buy a few of those - it's 35 degrees here today and going to be 38 degrees tomorrow (that's centigrade - or about 95 and 101 degrees fahrenheit respectively ) :wink:
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Freezing rain. We were slimed last night. Haven't heard one fool drive by all night or this morning either.