D2X-XL Shield Orb for Descent3

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
vitosky
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

D2X-XL Shield Orb for Descent3

Post by vitosky »

Hello friends someone of you succeeds to make a D2X-XL Shield Orb for Descent3 like this? Practically an oaf image to replace the old shield orb of Descent3, here an attachement with D2X-XL shield orb tga, the shield orb of Descent3, the original shield oaf of Descent 3 and the tools for make this work
thank you.

Download to http://uploading.com/files/2c915f7e/ORB%2BSHIELD.rar/
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

Holy crap, that looks super cool. Where'd you get that?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I'm surprised no one thought of this earlier. I've always hated the energy and shield power-ups in D3.

Very cool. Does this just plug in or does it need to entered into a table file on each level?
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

From the screenshot. That's from the Descent 3 Ultra MOD.

Though from what I could tell. Nothing has been released yet. :?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

I don't like my power-up leaking glitter. :roll:

Some of the \"bumped\" XF for the D3 weapons and powerups in the past have never appealed to me. ie. the extra smoke and such.

3d models are better than sprites, but lets keep it under control and not make it look like a Barbie party got hold of them. ;)
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

LOL, wow, I can't believe that my project got some screenshots leaked! I thought that only happened with new games, not mods. ;)

The orb belongs to DizzyRox so give him full credit. I asked him for permission a few years ago for it's use and had it but after the big argument on the forums about DCrazy's D2 project, he vanished. I tried to re-verify that I still had permission to use his orb but never received word back. Basically, from what I understood after talking to DCrazy... he basically left Descent behind him forever and doesn't ever plan to look back. :( So I went ahead and made a test orb while just playing around to make sure I could make it into a sprite and it worked! So I took some screenshots. However, it is still unreleased and I would still love to gain his permission to use it but those ARE my screenshots. :)

And actually... D3U is still in the works. I know it has taken forever. I've been REALLY busy during the past 3 years and I work on it in what little spare time I have alone and when I feel like it so the project is always inspired when I work on it. I never really work on it when I feel burned out. But Metalbeast and I are still working on it. In-fact, I'm going to port a bunch of test models tonight but plan to keep it as air tight as I can until it is ready for release. :)
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

If you don't have Dizzy's direct e-mail address. I believe I have it still.
I'll PM it to you if need be?
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Glowhyena »

Wow, they look excellent! I've uninstalled the game before I saw them. lol