3ds Max 9 to orf or to oof? (3ds to orf or to oof)

For Descent, Descent II and Descent3 level editing and modification assistance.
vitosky
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

3ds Max 9 to orf or to oof? (3ds to orf or to oof)

Post by vitosky »

I have the 3ds Max v.9, how to convert levels and models edited in 3ds max 9 in orf format?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

There is one 3ds converter, but it was made for Max 2.5 & 3.0. I have no idea if it will work with anything higher.

You can find it HERE second from the top.
I could have given the direct file link, but i thought it might help to know where to get most of the utilities available.

good luck!
vitosky
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by vitosky »

Yes but this utility convert oof to 3ds, not 3ds to oof? or not?
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

Try it and see.

Also, look Here on descent3.com. These are the original tools Outrage used. These are all the community has. I've not used them as I don't have Max. I know these are the ones you need. Try them.
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Insurrectionist »

You could use PD3 to OOFGen Converter for 3DS Max 3. I have used these tools in the past with Max 8. you can get it at www.planetdescent.com I can't remember if it's a command line utility to convert the .pd3 file to an .oof. then use the OOF to ORF tool to convert it into the file you want.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Insurrectionist wrote:You could use PD3 to OOFGen Converter for 3DS Max 3. I have used these tools in the past with Max 8. you can get it at www.planetdescent.com I can't remember if it's a command line utility to convert the .pd3 file to an .oof. then use the OOF to ORF tool to convert it into the file you want.
that can be found in the first link I offered. ALL the tools are there. ...and then some. :P
vitosky
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by vitosky »

Then I have tested 3dsgen that works with all versions of 3ds max and converts oof files to 3ds format but not converts 3ds format to oof format, therefore the options in order to convert are:

1)Convert the oof file with 3dsgen, load the file 3ds to 3DSMAX and after the editing, saving the file in ASE format and convert to orf with 2orf.09 (ASE is the Ascii-export of 3DSMAX. The big advantage is that this file can contain the texture UV-data. This data defines how the texture is streched or srhinked and so on. So if you used the UV-map-modifier in 3DSmax then this information will be imported in the ORF. If you decide to use ASE then please ensure that only \"Mesh Definition\", \"Mapping Coordinates\" and \"Geometric\" is checked. Leave the rest at the default values. (Frame # 0, 4 Decimals precision)

2)You could use PD3 to OOFGen Converter for 3DS Max 3. I have used these tools in the past with Max 8. you can get it at www.planetdescent.com I can't remember if it's a command line utility to convert the .pd3 file to an .oof. then use the OOF to ORF tool to convert it into the file you want. ( as it has wrote Insurrectionist).

3)Using the 3DSMAX versions: 2.5, 3.0, 4.0, and the PD3 to OOFGen Converter for 3DS Max.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

MAXOOFUtility works fine in 2008 2009 and 2010

you just need to modify your
global curPath = \"C:\\\\\"
in the MaxOOFUtility.ms file (using notepad or max's script editor on line line 7) to your model directory (do not use spaces) so you can be specific for a material search

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
vitosky
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by vitosky »

Thanks to all for the replys