Distribution of \"Obsession\" DVD

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Distribution of \"Obsession\" DVD

Post by Insurrectionist »

Has anyone gotten this DVD in the mail or with their newspaper? The DVD was put out by the Clarion Fund. I came across a copy of the DVD I got in the mail last year I haven't watched it. Was thinking about watching it now, then again will be bias against all in the Muslims faith? Will it make me start looking at all Muslims as radicals? Things handed out like this can be a good thing but then again it could be a nightmarish piece of propaganda.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

In case you haven't already seen this: http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/

Some info regarding the distribution of that DVD (from a group that seem to be opposed to content of that DVD): http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpoints ... rs_wer.php

And some more discussion regarding it ... http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entert ... a-dvd.html

I have not viewed the DVD, but from what I've learned of it ... While it would seem that this DVD may be informative regarding radical Islamists and the dangers of them, it is apparent that it has it's own agenda that they are trying to push and I suspect it would tend to make the uninformed (and the gullible) biased and/or suspicious of millions of people that are actually good people and are not associated with the radicals and are not a threat. Pushing agendas in such a way is (IMHO) wrong.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

lol, really Tech, who ISN'T pushing an agenda these days. ;) You think the encroachment of Shiria law isn't an agenda? One with less than favorable ends? You guys give us Christians a bad wrap about this stuff, but poo-foo Shiria thing which IS an active aggressive movement/plan to dominate as many governments as possible.

I have it. Got well over a year ago, but I haven't watched it. I'm not sure that it would teach me anything I don't already know..but who knows; I don't have all the answers... at least not yet!

It keeps getting buried. It's around here some place.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

True, most are pushing some agenda. My point is that it's more obvious.

By the way, I'm also a Christian (tho some may disagree, mostly because they lack knowledge and understanding).
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I've had this thing sitting around unwatched myself for more than a year now; I was never entirely sure who sent it. It looked pretty jingoistic just from the cover, so I've never had any real motivation to pop it in and sit down. I'm not even sure why I haven't thrown it out yet. :P
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

TechPro wrote:True, most are pushing some agenda. My point is that it's more obvious.

By the way, I'm also a Christian (tho some may disagree, mostly because they lack knowledge and understanding).
Doh! right. :oops: :roll:
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Meh, throw out the DVD. It's worthless propaganda. I mean, it's not like some axe-wielding muslim will try to break into your house...

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/w ... ed/3486237

Maybe the cartoonist should have drawn goofy pictures of Jesus instead. It's safer.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
aaronb
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by aaronb »

It's propaganda, just like all of the news channels.