Cell phone numbers going public?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Cell phone numbers going public?

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

An e-mail my boss sent me wrote:REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month.
REMINDER..... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sales calls.

.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222.
It is the National DO NOT CALL list It will only take a minute of your time.. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON .. It takes about 20 seconds.
My response to the idea? Screw that! And if anyone calls my cell they're going to get a very cold reception.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Don't recieve the mark of the beast.
Don't get vaccinated or give them any more of your identity than they already have!
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

My response: Check your sources, this one has about as much truth as any typical email-forward:
Snopes link.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

For some reason I never think to check Snopes. Checking \"my sources\" was actually the intent of this topic, so thank you! Snopes link sent to everyone in my company.
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Skyalmian »

Behemoth wrote:Don't recieve the mark of the beast.
Everyone already has it in their pocket, even I...

Q: (L) On the subject of the 666, I was given an insight into this several years ago as to another meaning of it, is that interpretation also correct?
A: Maybe. VI is 6 in Roman Numerals. S was 6 in ancient Egypt. A was 6 in Sanskrit. VISA, see, is 666. Interesting that to travel for extended periods one needs a "visa" also, yes?
Q: (L) So, the ten horns represent units of value, so we are talking about money here. What are the blasphemous titles on his heads?
A: In God we trust.
Q: (L) "Compels all alike, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to be marked with an inscription on their right hand or on their foreheads...." What is this inscription?
A: Visa ID number.
Q: (L) Is this going to be actually physically put on our bodies?
A: Encoded.
Q: (L) How? Is that what the aliens do when they abduct people?
A: No.
Q: (L) How is it going to be done?
A: Stamped.
Q: (L) By what technical means?
A: Electronic encoding. A series of numbers.
Q: (L) Are they going to put these on our skins or imbed them in the skin on our heads or hand...?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Does that mean that you will have to place your hand on an electronic scanner in order to conduct any type of monetary transaction?
A: Precisely.
Q: (L) Okay, it says: "Here is room for discernment, a call for the wisdom of interpretation, let him who has intelligence, penetration, insight enough calculate the number of the Beast, for it is a human number, the number of a certain man, his number is 666. What does this mean?
A: Visa as explained previously. Everyone will get their own number and it will be a Visa number, the number of the Beast.
Cashless Society by 2012 Says Chief Executive of VISA Europe
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Very insightful post sky, thanks for that.
I don't think people care to take into consideration how close we are to a global community and that it's going to spell disaster when it does.

People get so caught up with looking for short term solutions to problems that they fail to understand that there is no solution to this system except for it to crash in an apocalyptic fashion.

Am i the only one who believes that the harlot sitting on top of the beast is figurative for america? and how america has opened it's doors for the world to take plunder of everything and mix religions into one world religion?
Insurrectionist
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Insurrectionist »

\"Q: (L) \"Another angel followed, a third, saying with a mighty voice saying whoever pays homage to the beast and permits his stamp to be put on his forehead or on his hand he too shall have to drink of the wine of God's indignation and wrath poured undiluted into the cup of his anger, and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the lamb...\"
A: Disinformation. Intended to create fear and resistance so that the aliens can feed off of these emotions.\"
This guy mentions Aliens 7 times in that Q&A
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Behemoth wrote:Am i the only one who believes that the harlot sitting on top of the beast is figurative for america?
No, me too.
Keep up the good work man, sooner or later, everyone's gunna wake up.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

i hope so too, i fear that too many americans are already asleep in the matters which matter most.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

So what is supposed to happen when everyone wakes up? And what leads you to believe you should expect this event that doesn't seem to be concerned with the person of Jesus Christ?
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Clarify, it has everything to do with Jesus Christ.
i wouldn't be talking about it if it didn't.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Behemoth »

Behemoth wrote:Clarify, it has everything to do with Jesus Christ.
i wouldn't be talking about it if it didn't.
And people won't wake up before the end is here, the scriptures say he has blinded their eyes and deadened their hearts otherwise i would heal them so that they may turn and believe.

this scripture applies to isreal, but also to the whole world, there is not one righteous person in america, not one.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Is awesome the same as righteous? Because I'm pretty awesome.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Behemoth wrote:i wouldn't be talking about it if it didn't.
That's not something I take for granted. "Christian" doesn't mean a thing unless a person actually have a relationship with the living God through Jesus Christ. I've seen a heck of a lot of people who think they're Christians.
Behemoth wrote:And people won't wake up before the end is here, the scriptures say he has blinded their eyes and deadened their hearts otherwise i would heal them so that they may turn and believe.

this scripture applies to isreal, but also to the whole world, there is not one righteous person in america, not one.
John 12 wrote:37 But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him, 38 that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke: "Lord, who has believed our report? And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?" 39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again: 40 "He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, Lest they should see with their eyes, Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn, So that I should heal them."
I wouldn't put a dual application outside of the realm of possibility when it comes to anything in the Bible, but that verse is speaking with a high degree of specificity, even beyond just speaking about the Jews. As I've read through the Bible I believe I've understood that there is a history leading up to that judgment--it was not arbitrary or general. On the other hand blindness is a direct result of sin, but comes not only through sin, but through demonic influence brought on by forfeiting various facets of one's life through sin. It is equally certain that spiritual blindness can only be overcome through faith in Christ and the working of God in a person's life in the Biblical context of salvation.

That's why I always wonder when people talk about any kind of great breakthrough or victory with no real mention of God. The Bible seems to show that the Devil has everyone who isn't in Christ pretty much right where he wants them, whether they like it or not--and whether they know it or not, and in my experience that seems to be exactly the way it is.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

It's funny you should mention that considering i never see you directly relate anything to the bible in the posts i see from you. :)

As far as the other stuff you mentioned yes, that is the milk for babies. i can only hope you have enough faith to actually walk and talk in it daily.

EDIT: also, i'm glad YOU wouldn't put any dual application to anything you read in the books of life, however to those who are granted wisdom and recieve it the word grants many revelations and things, good day.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Spidey »

Behemoth wrote:It's funny you should mention that considering i never see you directly relate anything to the bible in the posts i see from you. :)
HUH?

Oh, you're joking... :P
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

Back to what i was originally trying to get at before i was interupted..
I've looked all my life to see the works of a righteous man but have not found one.

I don't believe this to be of any coincidence considering the land we live in is babylon.

Does anyone else find it funny how america is trying to build a \"democracy\" in iraq aka babylon?

Also, about irans rocket capabilities this should come as no surprise either considering the advancement of knowledge in the last days, man is playing with the wrong kind of fire, i can only hope not all are burned.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Well, excuse me…I keep forgetting my place amongst the self righteous.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Phsss. Whatever. We're like totally righteous dudes.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I'm pretty sure Behe made a point to say NO one is righteous so don't get your panties in a wad :P
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I’m just getting sick and tired of getting chastised for laughing at people’s humor.

First it was liberal girl, now him.

I really had no idea laughing at a joke was considered “interrupting”…
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

flip wrote:I'm pretty sure Behe made a point to say NO one is righteous so don't get your panties in a wad :P
Oh he meant righteous not righteous. I see.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Heh, I hear ya. I think I remember you writing that online forums are the worst form of communication that exist and I think I agree :) I'm thinking the interruption was Thorne's and on that I also agree. His arguments leave no room for discussion and always seem to be contentious.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Dedman »

Behemoth wrote:I don't think people care to take into consideration how close we are to a global community and that it's going to spell disaster when it does.
I'm curious, why do you think a global community will be a disaster?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I was watching the SOTU address the other day. It always impresses me to think every decision made that effects me is made by a very small group of people as it is. To bring the whole worlds resources and military might under one authority could only be disastrous. It reminds me of the Tower of Babel. They had the same idea. God's reasoning to subvert that plan was that \"nothing will be impossible to them.\" I got to thinking about what that meant and who he was talking about. I don't think God was speaking about every single person there. I think he was talking about a small group of people who reasoned they could control and run everything by making a huge tower and exalting themselves over everyone else.
Dedman
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Dedman »

flip wrote:"nothing will be impossible to them."
That's hilarious Flip. I've heard a TV precher using this passage as motivation. He basically said that God loves us so much and gave us so much ability that nothing is impossible to us.

Isn't religion awesome?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I think you misunderstand me. I'm speaking in the context of government and man's ability to be ruthless.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

The empire of man is the new tower of babel that man is trying to make so that he can raise his own monument to the heavens.

I claim no righteousness over you people, but i know you all and how you are, you enjoy fruitless debates about babbling on and on about the same things with no resolution because you accept no authority.

With that said i agree, online forums are the wrong area to talk about things of this nature considering so much is lost in translation over the internet the prince of the air does everything he can not to advance the kingdon of God.

When man comes together as one without being under God they are turning their face away from their creator and can only be subject to judgement to bring them back, this isn't something anyone can fight against or hide from.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Oh I interrupted, did I? When did this off-topic thread turn into something so crucial that a question dare not be asked amiss? Maybe you should read back. I asked a question pertinent to what had become the topic. As for \"controversial\", flip, I didn't realize that was so taboo. I also thought it would be understood that this is a controversial subject.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

everyone knows the name of the topic isn't what actually gets discussed ;p
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Behemoth wrote:but i know you all and how you are, you enjoy fruitless debates about babbling on and on about the same things with no resolution because you accept no authority.
I don't accept any authority? Hmmm, well, since I'm feeling rebellious about that statement, I will certainly have to concede that I don't accept all authority.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

In the vein of \"six degrees of Adolf Hitler,\" I'm pretty sure that anything can be shown to be six logical steps from 666.
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

don't believe the hype.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I didn't say controversial Thorne I said contentious. I love controversial, what I don't like is assuming everyone's a dumbass for not believing like I do and being disrespectful towards others views. It's unproductive and accomplishes nothing but to get your own point across. Seems very selfish to me and uh \"counter\" productive.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

I don't like Snopes... it's too spammy :P Plus some of the information on Snopes isn't reliable.

truthorfiction.com is the one I use. ;)