Some sketches of my Descent-like bosses.

The artists and authors forum! NOTE: © original author - do not use w/out consent!

Moderators: MetalBeast, Capm

Lord Scalgon
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Some sketches of my Descent-like bosses.

Post by Lord Scalgon »

(I don't just make Descent videos, you know...but anyway...)

I was bored one day, so I decided to draw some Descent-like robots. Funny thing is, whenever I draw something, I just don't know what I'm thinking...it's like whatever. This is the result.

Boss: Armasindra (Level 4 Boss)

Boss: Venacelia (Level 8 Boss)

Boss: Hexamental (Level 12 Boss...the symmetry for this art sucks...imo.)

Boss: Vestrivicus (Level 16 Boss)

Boss: Magnaflayer (Level 20 Boss)

Boss: Astralon (Level 24 Boss)

I'll think of a cool description someday for each of these artwork. Artwork taken from my own art gallery from my facebook. I'm lazy to upload to deviantART at the moment. Enjoy.
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod!!!!
Those are extremely awesome!

OT: BTW, what's your Deviantart account?
Lord Scalgon
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by Lord Scalgon »

Sapphire Wolf wrote:OhMyGodOhMyGodOhMyGod!!!!
Those are extremely awesome!

OT: BTW, what's your Deviantart account?
Glad you liked my art. I haven't uploaded anything in my deviantART account in a loooooooong time, but I'll get to it whenever I have a chance, and it's http://www.deviantart.com/lordscalgon

Speaking of which...I forgot to throw in two more of my art here.

Optional Boss: Starplexia

I'll think of a name for this one of these days...
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

So these are actually based on the original bosses in the game? That is so cool. :D
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Wow! Someone get these tattooed.
Lord Scalgon
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by Lord Scalgon »

roid wrote:So these are actually based on the original bosses in the game? That is so cool. :D
Not really...I never actually gained inspiration from the original Descent 2 bosses...well, maybe the level 20 boss, and if you compare that to Starplexia...then...well, you get the picture. Even then, it's still my original work. :D
Isaac wrote:Wow! Someone get these tattooed.
Speaking of which, everyone who digged these images advised me to submit them to a tattoo parlor. Come to think of it, one of my friends is planning on going to Vegas to have Magnaflayer tattooed on his back. I wonder if I'll ever become famous for these works of art... :o
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Lord Scalgon wrote:Speaking of which, everyone who digged these images advised me to submit them to a tattoo parlor. Come to think of it, one of my friends is planning on going to Vegas to have Magnaflayer tattooed on his back. I wonder if I'll ever become famous for these works of art... :o
You'd have to get sued first! :P
Lord Scalgon
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by Lord Scalgon »

Isaac wrote:
Lord Scalgon wrote:Speaking of which, everyone who digged these images advised me to submit them to a tattoo parlor. Come to think of it, one of my friends is planning on going to Vegas to have Magnaflayer tattooed on his back. I wonder if I'll ever become famous for these works of art... :o
Getting sued over my own artwork? How does that work? =\\
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Pandora »

Very cool. I seem to detect some inspiration from the art of Warhammer, is that true?
Lord Scalgon
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by Lord Scalgon »

Pandora wrote:Very cool. I seem to detect some inspiration from the art of Warhammer, is that true?
I never actually played Warhammer...but I've had inspirations from shmups like DoDonPachi, Ikaruga and Mushihimesama Futari (mainly the stage 2 and 5 boss).
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

They look like something out of the Buddha’s nightmares…

Nice work.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

I have to admit, those are some very nice sketches. Ever think about colorizing them?
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Lord Scalgon
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by Lord Scalgon »

Spidey wrote:They look like something out of the Buddha’s nightmares…

Nice work.
Thank you, and speaking of Buddha...it makes me think of a boss I was facing in a Touhou shmup. This boss' attacks revolves around Buddha, along with beam spam.
AlphaDoG wrote:I have to admit, those are some very nice sketches. Ever think about colorizing them?
Yeah, it just came out of my head from out of nowhere. I do want to color them, but I'm just lazy at the moment. I'd rather color with Photoshop, but lately I've been undergoing different projects with Photoshop (even though I'm in those pictures). I can post 'em here...though it'll sorta derail this thread...yet it's still art. It involves a real-life photo with special effects, and I turned the photo into some fighting game screenshot. I'll admit - lots of my friends (and friends' friends) digged it.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

The only reason I asked, is because of the tattoo remarks earlier in the the thread, I was actually thinking about inking one myself.

However, I would want the original artists colors. :lol:
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Lord Scalgon
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re:

Post by Lord Scalgon »

AlphaDoG wrote:The only reason I asked, is because of the tattoo remarks earlier in the the thread, I was actually thinking about inking one myself.

Hm...well, black ink should do...right? That's without the shading, though...

In the future, I'll come up with cool colors...but yeah, I'm just lazy at the moment. Of course I'd deserve to be credited had any of my art were used for tattoo purposes.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

they have a kindof techno-biological feel to them, like if machine designs were influenced by evolution.
They look like the tribal tattoos that are so popular.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

interesting stuff. Nice drawings.

personally, I've never cared for that kind of genre. It doesn't seem to fit the Descent bot theme well. (d3 doesn't really count there)
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by AlphaDoG »

Lord Scalgon wrote:
AlphaDoG wrote:The only reason I asked, is because of the tattoo remarks earlier in the the thread, I was actually thinking about inking one myself.

Hm...well, black ink should do...right? That's without the shading, though...

In the future, I'll come up with cool colors...but yeah, I'm just lazy at the moment. Of course I'd deserve to be credited had any of my art were used for tattoo purposes.
Of course!

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Lord Scalgon wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Getting sued over my own artwork? How does that work? =\\
I was joking.