My Garry's Mod Project

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

My Garry's Mod Project

Post by NUMBERZero »

Watch this.

Can you guess what it is? :D

So far, it has taken me 2 hours and 30 min to get 1 min of footage. And that was how long it took me to make the easy scenes. It feels like I am making an actual movie. It takes months of set up, practice runs, takes, and retakes just to get something like 2 hours of actual movie.

Don't suggest 3D animations. I have no experience making those.
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

no, what is this
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

I guess it's true, Roid. You don't play Descent 3 anymore, or at the very least, never bother with the SP mode.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

not bad
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

X2 it's a very nice animation. :)
Xamindar
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Xamindar »

Pretty nice! Dang, been a while. What was that ship called again? Big huge massive ship infested with robots!
Why doesn't it work?
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

It's called the Expediator, but that one is from a different game.
\"PUT THE BALL INNNNNN!!!!!!\"--What I was screaming on 3/7/09 PD Reunion Monsterball game
Descent 3 Anarchy: \"Just you, your ship, and a whole bunch of weapons to turn your enemies into slag.\"--TopGun
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

hah in your face TechPro
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

I fail to see what is in his face. The fact that you didn't know that this is supposed to be the Descent 3 ending or something that you may have misinterpreted. The prop there is from a different game, but it is taking the place of the Expediator.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

In your face Roid! Face face face! FACE FACE FACE!!!
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

Something I found for the occation.

Your face!
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

NUMBERZero wrote:Something I found for the occation.

Your face!
o_0

yikes!
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Anyway. Facity face face aside. What topic do you plan to animate?
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

everything
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

argh my valuable face, noooo
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Argh! Aye! Yargh. Arrr..
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

Update on my progress:

Haven't started the encounter with Dravis.

I am almost done with the sequence in space. I just need to make the Material Defender say \"Easy money. That's what I like\" and I'll be done with that portion. Making that might be an additional 30 min because I am animating close up shots.

Total time: 5 hours and 20 min.

Should I release another teaser? :P

EDIT: Ok, I keep watching this. I swear that it can be an official replacement for the real thing!
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Floyd »

NUMBERZero wrote:Total time: 5 hours and 20 min.
is that the time you worked on that or the play time?
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

It's the secret director's cut you find after playing the game for an accumulative total of 1 year. It adds 5 hours and 16 min to the original 4 min. :lol:

No, it's the work time. :P
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

Production has been slow, but here are a couple of teaser pics.

I do have the PTMC insignia as my spray, but I can't spray it in SP for some reason. MP it might work, but I can't save my work in MP.

The voice actor of Wallace Breen (the guy in the suit there) has died. :cry:

Robert Culp
August 16, 1930 - March 24, 2010

We were deeply saddened to learn of the death of actor Robert Culp on March 24, 2010. We were fortunate enough to work with Culp during the making of Half-Life 2, when he wrestled invisible headcrabs, expressed a passionate interest in animation, and taught us all how to bring a character to life from words on a page, as he voiced one of gaming's most beloved villains, Dr. Wallace Breen. He will be missed.
TechPro
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by TechPro »

roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

leekspin is always relevant
S13driftAZ
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by S13driftAZ »

in all your faces
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

/me calls in the CED to rescue the thread.

Things are getting a little exciting around the studio (jk, there's no studio ). I'm all the way up to the part where the MD says, \"we've got a few issues to resolve.\" The part where the MD walks over to Dravis is clunky. I took it in stop motion and it was hard to place him, not to mention the fact that the ragdoll kept forming into a frail old man just because I saved the day before with him still frozen in a certain position. He looks like a spaz walking over there. If I was to set up some kind of rig, it'd be even worse. I could animate the legs, but not the arms.

I'll be releasing another teaser soon, but there are 2 scenes that are both cool and I cannot decide which one to use. I need your help to decide.
Your choices are:

A. Shows Dravis, the door exploding, and then Dravis having a seizure (shock waves from the explosion ). (I also snuck in a referance to Dr. Hax (you'd only know him if you watch Gmod videos often))

B. The MD removing the table and then saying \"we've got a...\" (Amazing animation with the mouth when he says his line)

B is a little more of a spoiler than A.
What'll it be?

I've put this up over4 different forums. I will tally the results on 4/10 (saturday next week)
NUMBERZero
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by NUMBERZero »

Bump ;)

Counting in all of the overwhelming votes from the 3 other sites, I went with choice A.

Here it is:
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Thenior »

Question: doesn't a tool that replicates the difficulty of real filming kind of detract from the ease that a computer provides?