Server problem

A place to deal with D3 servers, server issues, server listings, etc. Home Page

Moderators: Do_Checkor, Starken

Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Server problem

Post by Boo »

Because I don't really like the server selection on pxo right now, I was going to make some new servers. But, if I am running them and try to log on to pxo (same account), it says "tcp/ip is not active on your system." I can get around this problem by using another computer, but when I log in (still on the same account) I can't see the servers. Should I be using a different account, or is my computer still screwed?
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Dear Boo,

at the moment we have between 60 and 90 servers online. So now there are more than 60 servers where is more than enough space to play in.

But to solve the problem:

Add the commandline "-useport 2093" to your client's D3. That should work. If not: use the Servertool of Hunter D3Server2.47 and define a port wich is NOT the same like your client.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Dear Do_Cheaker. Who cares how many servers are online. 99% of them are empty and the rest play ★■◆● levels.
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

Thank you for that Info Merlin...

...And you think that boo will change that? LOL.

I still have a lot of fun with playing D3 online.
Hattrick
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Hattrick »

ahh yes the old "The levels you serve are s***" arguement.
The thing is this.
There are a good variety of servers up these days,
Probably best variety there has been for many moons.

so merlin looks at list and decides he doesnt like the selection.so he hangs in chat a bit maybe voices his opinions about the server choices.
At the same time 8 people are crowded into an antiquated CTF level and are having the time of their lives.The come out after 20 flags and are pumped up and happy with the game du'jour.

My point is this,
the server list will always be the topic of contravoursy until D3 ceases to be (plz spare me your theories on why it will cease).

There will never be a time when the server list will be good for everybody's playing style.
Nor does a lack of your favorite levels appearing on the list mean that D3 is going down faster than a democratic intern.
One thing i can say (and ive experienced this from both sides of the argument) is heading to the chat room or forums and preceeding to bash the servers, admins and anyone who might have played them in past week for liking "Newb" levels and ruining D3, is not the way to handle it(yes, I know there are those of you who live to be confrontational when the occaision presents itself).
D3's death will eventually come. but for now it breathes. New pilots still show up in chat asking the same old questions the newbs always have.
"why cant i see games?" "where do I down load levels?" etc etc.
Granted its not like it was in '99-'00. where the chat room was so crowded you almost had to pm to have a converstion, but you can still see 40 -60 peeps in chat and more in games.

at any rate, Boo steps up to the plate loads up some servers and serves the levels he wanted to see, and Im sure it was easier and less stressful than puttin on the pony tails and whining like a school girl because some is spending their money and their time in a way you dont approve.

Just my 1/3 cent. -Hat
Do_Checkor
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Do_Checkor »

impressive speech hattrick - great :)
Floyd
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re: Server problem

Post by Floyd »

Boo wrote:it says "tcp/ip is not active on your system."
if tcp-ip is installed and working on your system, check your d3-command line for "-nonetwork"

i once got fooled by this when using this option for timetest and forgot to remove it afterwards. heh.
Boo
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Boo »

Anyway, should I use a different pxo account for the servers?
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Yes, it will keep your main account from having the odd pilot-name added to it (something wierd that tends to happen when hosting servers on a PXO account).
STRESSTEST
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by STRESSTEST »

Not that any stats matter.....
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Thanks only to the people who say so.