run forest run!

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

run forest run!

Post by Isaac »

So, when you do go running, how far do you go? Also, how long have you kept up this routine?

I ask because it seems like I have to keep increasing the mileage. However, I think doing the 2 mile loop faster each day would achieve the same thing; more energy would be spent running the same distance.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

I roller blade 7KM almost daily.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

CDN_Merlin wrote:I roller blade 7KM almost daily.
Do you know a lot about roller blades? Does it matter what kind I get? I think laced roller-blades look the most comfortable. All the ice-skates I've used were laced and they were great.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

It doesn't matter Isaac as long as they fit right. Ill fitting roller blades/skates cause the WORST blisters ever!
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

Man that is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life. People running and nobody chasing them.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Re:

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Heretic wrote:Man that is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life. People running and nobody chasing them.
hahahahahahahaha

As for blades, yes, make sure they fit right. I also wear two pairs of socks to make sure I don't get blisters.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Duper »

Heretic wrote:Man that is the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life. People running and nobody chasing them.
Just because YOU can't see them... ;)
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

I just chase the doughnut that's on a stick, attached to my head.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

:lol:
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

When buying your blades, many salespeople will try to feed you BS about spending a bit more to get wheels with \"better\" bearings. They'll throw terms like ABEC at you and tell you that the ABEC 5 and ABEC 7 bearings will make it easier to blade due to quality and this and that. Tell them to go eff themselves and to learn about their product. The ABEC rating DOES indeed indicate \"quality\" in a sense, but none that you will notice and the extra cost is not worth it. ABEC rating is somewhat relevant to hardcore riders, particularly in the skateboard industry but it's actually more of a third variable idea since the higher the number tends to mean a better-made product overall and thus they tend to wear out less quickly. But most good 'boarders use ceramics anyway which are nothing like ABEC.

Concentrate on finding a boot that fits good and feels like a shoe. I shopped for a long time and salespeople hated me because I would put a pair on and then stand in one spot for 10 minutes to see how my feet felt. I do the same thing when I buy hockey skates. But the comfort fact is DEFINITELY what you want to focus on as a few bad outings with sore feet will turn you away from the whole activity.

As for laces and click-straps or velcro ...it depends on preference. Laces allow you to adjust the tension on certain parts of the boot but then again, so do straps. Many people can't tie the laces properly or don't want to be bother. My blades actually have both laces and a velcro strap and I love the design (I bought K2 Cadence blades). I'd stay away from the click-straps though as they tend to break, wear out, come loose, and usually indicate a harder and cheaper boot design.

Happy blading.
d0ggY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by d0ggY »

When buying your blades, many salespeople will try to feed you BS about spending a bit more to get wheels with \"better\" bearings. They'll throw terms like ABEC at you and tell you that the ABEC 5 and ABEC 7 bearings will make it easier to blade due to quality and this and that. Tell them to go eff themselves and to learn about their product. The ABEC rating DOES indeed indicate \"quality\" in a sense, but none that you will notice and the extra cost is not worth it. ABEC rating is somewhat relevant to hardcore riders, particularly in the skateboard industry but it's actually more of a third variable idea since the higher the number tends to mean a better-made product overall and thus they tend to wear out less quickly. But most good 'boarders use ceramics anyway which are nothing like ABEC.

Concentrate on finding a boot that fits good and feels like a shoe. I shopped for a long time and salespeople hated me because I would put a pair on and then stand in one spot for 10 minutes to see how my feet felt. I do the same thing when I buy hockey skates. But the comfort fact is DEFINITELY what you want to focus on as a few bad outings with sore feet will turn you away from the whole activity.

As for laces and click-straps or velcro ...it depends on preference. Laces allow you to adjust the tension on certain parts of the boot but then again, so do straps. Many people can't tie the laces properly or don't want to be bother. My blades actually have both laces and a velcro strap and I love the design (I bought K2 Cadence blades). I'd stay away from the click-straps though as they tend to break, wear out, come loose, and usually indicate a harder and cheaper boot design.

And one other suggestion is to get blades that have inter-changable wheels (most do). Wheels should be rotated often and it also allows you to clean your own bearings (get someone to show you the PROPER way first as you'll experience a nasty wipeout if they lock on you).

Happy blading.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Thanks, I might get a pair. I think I now know what I want.
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

My 2c: Those brake thingies are useless. Don't pick skates based on their presence. I have some laced one that I really like, but they are a bit extra work to put on, but then they're nice a secure.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

I pretty much only walk. :( Though it is probably a mile a day average now. I guess I'm not hardcore enough to go running with all the rain around here ... yet anyway.