Kali desperate for players!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Xfing
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Kali desperate for players!

Post by Xfing »

Anyone with a Kali account is welcome, that place is dying out. If anyone got free evenings then get yo asses out there and do some smashin'! The atmosphere is simply great and the competition is demanding, so just come and test yourselves against the best!
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Nothing lasts forever.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

I can't tonight, but I'm itching for some old school Descent.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Ryujin
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Ryujin »

I may pop in there this weekend.

If only Kali would go Open Source, I think you could get some more activity. I can't see people wanting to pay more than a $5 to play a 15 year old game.
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

That might indirectly help, but it wouldn't cure it - the serial system would need to be cut, and quite possibly someone might eventually have to stump up for servers since that's presumably how they get paid for.
nitrotomato
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by nitrotomato »

I am a guy who goes on Kali quite a lot, we're still quite alive, but some new blood would definitely be welcomed!

If you don't want to pay, sign up for a trial account! I was able to use one for a year and a half with no problems, before I decided to quit being cheap and just buy an account, and I never regretted it.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

lol \"new blood\".

most of us here started on Kali (or Kahn). ;)

I'm on there off and on. :)
jesusfr3ak4evr
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by jesusfr3ak4evr »

I contributed by playing on Kali back in 05 and 06 :)
Swazook
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Swazook »

Load up Kali and let's play some D2.

www.kali.net
Danfun64
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Danfun64 »

i'm completely new to the descent series :P, I played a couple multiplayer matches on descent 3. I am running vista and have no idea how to use kali (using trial account...) I am curious on how to use kali to see how i would do in a dxx-rebirth match.

Since this is my first post here, i might as well give away something about myself :P

I'm the type of gamer who is very picky about what I play. To explain, i'm not a big fan of blood/gore or satanic/scary symbols in games. I'm also not a big fan of teabagging (which kicks away most modern fps games...) I notice that descent 3 has a custom level called \"Halloween-custom\" that appears to have a pentagram in the loading screen, along with \"evil symbols\" all over the game. I'm afraid to ask, but are there any such custom levels for descent 1/2? does descent 3 have a picmip feature like the quake games that blurs textures to make them lego like? Is there a way to disable the level loading screen in descent 3, or at least replace it with a generic one for all maps? Thanks in advance!
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by Sirius »

Danfun64 wrote:I'm afraid to ask, but are there any such custom levels for descent 1/2?
There are a few (I can think of two off the top of my head), though they don't get played much even by today's standards. That's in Descent 2 - in Descent 1 it wasn't even possible to make such levels because it didn't support custom textures.
Danfun64 wrote:does descent 3 have a picmip feature like the quake games that blurs textures to make them lego like?
Not that I know of.
Danfun64 wrote:Is there a way to disable the level loading screen in descent 3, or at least replace it with a generic one for all maps?
Don't think so but I could be mistaken on this one. You could probably manually replace the loading screen but that might not be the point of the exercise.

P.S. If you're new to the Descent series I can practically guarantee you'll get hammered in a Rebirth match. :) The learning curve is a little steep, but more to the point, very long.
Behemoth
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Behemoth »

I'll be on there this week.
Swazook
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Swazook »

Sirius wrote: ...The learning curve is a little steep, but more to the point, very long.
...And extremely pleasurable. Extremely.
Ryujin
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Ryujin »

Had a great game on Kali the other night with MD and Big_Rat. They were tearing it up in Athena.
deathbeam
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by deathbeam »

I haven't had extra time in cyberspace lately.
I've only ever done multiplayer in D3.
I love the original descents though so I'll try it out and see if I can get it working. It may be a learning curve to go from D3 to D2 MP, but I learn fast.

See ya in the mines!
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Avder »

I was on kali a few times a few weeks ago looking for some D1...couldnt find any so I stopped going there. Right now I'm dealing with a wrist injury so I cant play yet.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

Don't you think you're a little late to be asking for support?
TigerRaptorFX wrote:Nothing lasts forever.
dwlpunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by dwlpunk »

ive been trying to play descent 2 again for years. but it has never work correctly on my machine. at last i have a stable version running. d2 rebirth i belive, d2xl just flat out doesn't work. (win 7 64). the only thing that keeps me from playing really is not being able to recover the past 3 kali accounts i have purchased in the past 10 13 years. i just don't feel right about shelling out another 10 dollars for a copy that i have already paid for 3 times. that and if they really want players they should make it free because all other programs like that are.
Kiran
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Kiran »

dwlpunk... How about you join us Rangers through UDP? We've been playing D2 through UDP (something to do with ports and IP addresses) without using Kali and it's been so much fun! :)