Descent: Mythos

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

gameaddict11707
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent: Mythos

Post by gameaddict11707 »

I've been working on a levelset to replace \"Disintegration\" since it screwed up. It's going to have 22 (20 + 2 secret) levels and it's split into 2 seperate .HOG files. Here's the current level list: (BEWARE! WALL-OF-TEXT FOLLOWS!)

--Part 1--

Level 1: Teisak Mining Compound
Level 2: Eta Borycon Mine
Level 3: Nar' Umiot Core
Level 4: Neunach D' Liwek
Level 5: Ice Nova Caverns
Level 6: Ulkha Station
Level 7: Pnya' Lakhim V
Level 8: Xerxel II Mining Colony
Level 9: Sigma IX Refinery

--Part 2--

Level 10: Baloris Dungeon
Level 11: Y'Tor Morabi III
Secret Level 1: (?)
Level 12: Holding Cells
Level 13: Htuk' Szetnav
Level 14A: Uesipta' Vnik
Level 14B: \"
Level 15: Andromeda XV Military Base
Level 16: H'Espera Niobium Mine
Level 17: Krini Prime Alpha
Secret Level 2: Krini Prime Beta
Level 18: Haniili Slant Station
Level 19: Haniili Slant Space Dock
Level 20: Itohalsu'Hul Reactor

-------------
Level 14 was split into two levels due to cube amount problems.
-------------
If anyone would like to build a level to fill in the gaps, you can e-mail the level to me. Your name will be shown under the respective level in the credits. I'll PM my email address to those of you who reply to this post regarding what level you'll be doing.
-------------
A few requirements:
Secret Level 1 is to be a fire-themed level so robots such as TRN Racers, Super Hulks, Bulk Destroyers, etc. apply, but I'd like the following robots to be added to the mix:
Medium Hulk/Cloaked Hulk, Mini Boss, Class 1 Heavy Driller, Class 2 Platform, Boarshead, Lou Guard, Sidearm, and ITSC. I will take care of any modifications done to the robots.

Level 16 should be a mix of Alien1/Alien2 themes. Any of the Baloris Prime/Puuma Sphere themed robots can be used here. This should be a boss level, using the Red Fatty Boss. Once again, I'll put on the finishing touches to the robots to make them fit the level theme better.

Levels 17, Secret 2, 18, and 19 are \"Alien 2\" (Puuma Sphere/Omega) themed, and for levels 18 & 19, put in a lot of Class 1 Drones and PESTS. Otherwise, the levels are fair game, anything goes as long as it can be played in D2 Rebirth with little to no errors!
gameaddict11707
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Descent: Mythos

Also, if any of the level names somehow translate into something offensive in a foreign language, it's purely coincidental, completely un-intended, and I apologize for any offense taken.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

why separate it into two hogs? Just make it into one big mission.
gameaddict11707
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Descent: Mythos

Well, I think that Disintegration started crashing because it was too large in terms of file-size, and I didn't want that to happen to Mythos. That, and I didn't want to give players every weapon in game when they're only half-way through the set. The 2-part thing is just something new I wanted to try out.
DarkFlameWolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by DarkFlameWolf »

having a lot of levels in a HOG file is not the cause of your crashing. Enemy Within had 32 (33?) levels in it and it functioned just fine. That is not your problem.
As for your balance issue with weapons, you'll have to work that into the overall balance of the set. Enemy Within had to work with 30+ levels and slowly give out weapons as I felt the player should have them. Work on your balance, it can be done with that many levels.
gameaddict11707
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Thanks for the advice. And I realize you're right. The crash wasn't because of too many levels, it's just some mysterious thing that happened.