vortex irc issues

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

vortex irc issues

Post by null0010 »

i've just installed vortex for the first time, and the first day and night i had it, it ran perfectly. connected to irc, found servers and everything.

now today, every time i try to connect to an irc server and channel, it says in a dialog box, \"Conection to server failed [sic]\"

any ideas? i haven't messed around with the settings since it worked, and i thought last night maybe the irc networks were all magically simultaneously down or something.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

add an exception to your firewall.... this is basic stuff

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

Bubba, do you aways have to be sorta rude with your replies? What if this guy isn't techie? Be kind to people until you find out if it's lazyness or not.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

i am pretty sure it is not a firewall issue, i already checked those settings and it appears to already be an exception

the server lists still work perfectly, the only problem is the IRC function, which worked yesterday

bizarrely, all the options for the irc section of the settings menu have been reset or cleared, without my input. perhaps if i set them to \"normal\" settings it would work. unfortunately there is no \"restore defaults\" button i can find.
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

Looks like I'm having the same problem with gamesurge in vortex. Shows it as being down, however mIRC works fine, go figure.

Hmmmm, next time I tried it, it worked fine.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

well, i'm still having the same problem, so if anyone has a sudden burst of divine inspiration, please jot it down here
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Freakster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Freakster »

null0010 wrote:well, i'm still having the same problem, so if anyone has a sudden burst of divine inspiration, please jot it down here
Well, all my information on Vortex was erased. I just input everything again. Example: All my nicknames, and my real name are all set as Freakster, as it's my name in game as well as here. Connected to Gamesurge just fine... So I'm not sure what the error is. Are the servers showing up? (You don't gotta be in a IRC channel to see the servers. You can just open Vortex, and click the servers button)
This line is true!
The line above this line, is false.

My in-game name is Freakster as well.

Warning: Use of improper English imminant, it's not my primary language.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

i'm using mIRC for now. here's a screenshot of my server settings, if that helps at all

Freakster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Freakster »

Well... Firstly. I know you get servers, I saw you in a game a few hours ago >w> So that's not an issue... Did you set a nickname in Settings>Behaviour>Nicknames?

I'll run a brief of how I have mine set up:
Under settings, I have Identd turned off, No HTTP Proxy Settings (Filed under Proxy), and Freakster set up in the Nicknames under Behaviour.

D3 Servers I left default, D3 Settings I added 4 of my favourite audio taunts, and my Shiplogo, as well as set my Retail v1.4

Here's two pictures of what my connection settings are, when actually connecting:

First:

Second:

That's how my set up is, and all the servers work fine for me oO If you've done this/are doing this/whatever and it still doesn't work? I've not the slightest idea then.
This line is true!

null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

yep, i've got all that. oh well. i guess i'll try reinstalling it
Freakster
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Freakster »

null0010 wrote:yep, i've got all that. oh well. i guess i'll try reinstalling it
Sounds like the best plan. Did it work?
This line is true!