Obama is joined by Hamas in ground zero mosque endorsement

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Spidey »

ThunderBunny wrote:You'll notice that the "generalizations" you mention do NOT apply to all muslims, yes?
Brilliant!

Once again TB it sounds like you are trying to define the Arabs, a lot more then Muslims in general.

Do you even know where most Muslims live, and if they practice the kind of oppression you are describing?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Islam is present in almost every part of the globe. There are sizable populations in the middle east, north africa, asia (Indonesia, China, India), and southern Russia. There are other populations of muslims too numerous to mention.

One will also note that many of these same regions have islamist insurgencies (except Indonesia.)

As I have always said, not all muslims wish to do you harm- but the teachings of islam encourage harm against the infidel.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Well I’m not going to defend any religion, not by any stretch…but, I will defend those who no longer practice the barbaric teachings. (most Muslims)

In the Old Testament, stoning was quite common, and in early Christianity we had the horrible practice of burning at the stake, but people don’t do those things anymore.

Modern people for the most part no longer practice the horrible parts of their religions, and it’s the hardcore Arabs that are trying to drag their entire religion back into the stone-age, with this pathetic notion that they have the only true Islam.

You really need to narrow down your enemy list, or you're not going to accomplish anything.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Top Gun wrote:I don't think I've seen anyone like that recently walking around my neighborhood. I'll be sure to call the cops if I do, though.
If it was that easy there should be no one getting blown up in Israel.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

woodchip wrote:
Top Gun wrote:I don't think I've seen anyone like that recently walking around my neighborhood. I'll be sure to call the cops if I do, though.
The United States and Israel are different places.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Ahh, the simplicity of it all.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

null0010 wrote:
woodchip wrote:
Tell that to the relatives of the Fort Hood shooting victims
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

woodchip wrote:
null0010 wrote:
woodchip wrote:
Tell that to the relatives of the Fort Hood shooting victims
Ok, have you got their email addresses?
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Its interesting how many “moderate” muslims are ready to impose their religion upon others because “respect” isn’t given (for prayer time, people not wearing the “right” clothing around them or eating/handling the “right” food.)

If a snotty jewish guy came to your house and refused to eat your meatloaf because it wasn’t ‘kosher’ you could tell him to go jump in a lake. He wouldn’t threaten to come the next day and lop off your head.

Our society and our politicians bend over backwards for islam and still more is demanded.

When will our secular rule of law and human rights be respected by islam? Probably never.

NYC mosque debate will shape American Islam

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100829/ap_ ... ue_fallout
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

When the ★■◆● hit's the fan TB, you'll be seeing hundreds of \"asylum\" seekers to ShadowLan. :P
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

I like the last line. Which by the way is so true.
\"Who wants to come into the fold of the Republican Party today, or even the fold of the Democratic Party?\" Ramadan asked. \"They just increased the number of independents in America.\"
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

Heretic wrote:I like the last line. Which by the way is so true.
"Who wants to come into the fold of the Republican Party today, or even the fold of the Democratic Party?" Ramadan asked. "They just increased the number of independents in America."
Now I'm imagining the booming voice of the anthropomorphic personification of a religious holiday making comments about political parties. :lol:
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

For families of Muslim 9/11 victims, a new pain

Just a different perspective. The family of a Muslim man who died helping others on 911.
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

Kilarin wrote:For families of Muslim 9/11 victims, a new pain

Just a different perspective. The family of a Muslim man who died helping others on 911.
If he had known they where dying for Allah - he would have let them go get there 90 virgins and celebrated.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

Cuda68 wrote:

If he had known they where dying for Allah - he would have let them go get there 90 virgins and celebrated.
:roll:
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Cuda68 wrote:If he had known they where dying for Allah - he would have let them go get there 90 virgins and celebrated.
So, no respect for an EMT who, instead of just driving by the mess, left his car and tried to help the injured and the dying? They found his body in 35 different pieces.
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

If he was Muslim, None what so ever.
Kilarin
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Kilarin »

Cuda68 wrote:If he was Muslim, None what so ever
If we can simply blanket all Muslims into a sub-human category, what separates us from the terrorist? They also blanket large groups of humanity into the "they don't count" category.

This man gave his LIFE trying to help victims of the 911 disaster. That puts him way above the vast majority of Christians in my book. And if you can't respect that, thats quite a shame.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

I find that perspective a bit skewed. To have that view demands you accept there being no ground between all out bigotry and sympathetic empathy toward Muslims.

Context is king.
Yes, Muslims died that day in the attack but Muslims in the name of their religion perpetrated the attack and it wasn't aimed at Muslims it was aimed at Americans. Americans were the target.
So right there the targeted victims sensitivities should trump those of the others who were effectively just friendly fire victims.

So they completely disregard the feelings of Americans when they support the construction of a pro Muslim center, complete with mosque where they will be praying to the god who was feted with the attack killing thousands of Americans. In contrast they demand the feelings of Muslims be a prime concern in the discussion which is an awfully selfish or an awfully Muslim-centric position to take...
It is the quest for Muslim superiority that took the twin towers down...it is the presumption that Muslim sensitivities take a priority that has everyone pissed off at them now...
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

Lets be clear. Most of the Muslim world has declared war on us. They have been attacking and killing us as far back as I can remember and that's the early 60's.
I remember Black Muslim power taking hold in this country.
I remember when Malcom X realized how much violence and hatred was being generated by the Muslim faith and tried to push back and was shot to death.
I remember watching the Munich games and the Palestinians killed the Israeli athletes.
I remember allot of bloody gory death by the Muslims.
Yes, I have a clear opinion of them and no one is going to toss an example like that at me and have me change my point of view. I don't do politically correct and I don't pull punches when attacked.
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

Bet51987 wrote:
Cuda68 wrote:If he was Muslim, None what so ever.
I'm with Kilarin but let me go further and say that on that day, Salman was not only an American hero but a much better human being than you.

Bee
I am truly hurt. :roll:
Lothar
DBB Ghost Admin
DBB Ghost Admin

Re:

Post by Lothar »

Cuda68 wrote:I don't do politically correct and I don't pull punches when attacked.
I assume you've been here long enough to know that I also don't pull punches and I also don't do politically correct. Keep that in mind when you read the following:

Disrespecting a man who died trying to save others because you don't like his religion is one of the most pathetic and moronic things I've ever heard anyone say. I don't respect Islam in the slightest, but the man's a hero and deserves our respect.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Lothar wrote:
Cuda68 wrote:I don't do politically correct and I don't pull punches when attacked.
I assume you've been here long enough to know that I also don't pull punches and I also don't do politically correct. Keep that in mind when you read the following:

Disrespecting a man who died trying to save others because you don't like his religion is one of the most pathetic and moronic things I've ever heard anyone say. I don't respect Islam in the slightest, but the man's a hero and deserves our respect.
I agree, he deserves admiration and has mine.

I have no respect, however, for the argument of those like Hampson who trot out his death...totally unaware of it before this political football got kicked off...and then proceed to demagogue his tragic fate as a tool trying to shame people into accepting the false premise that to not get out of Islams way in this instance can only be evidence of our bigotry and all other considerations be damned!!

( I think I just heard Hemingway's ghost puke at that last sentence!)
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

I honestly believe that if he knew what was really going down he would never have gone into the city that day and he never would have said a word to anyone as a warning. Sadly we will never know, because that would be the only thing that would alter my thoughts on the matter.

But no offense taken. that is one of the greatest things this country has to offer - different opinions.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Bee’s enemy list continues to grow…
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

I don't understand how a person can hate the religion of Islam, which by the way is practice by Muslims only, not hate Muslims.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Cuda68 wrote:I honestly believe that if he knew what was really going down he would never have gone into the city that day and he never would have said a word to anyone as a warning. Sadly we will never know, because that would be the only thing that would alter my thoughts on the matter.

But no offense taken. that is one of the greatest things this country has to offer - different opinions.
WOW to judge a man's heart based upon your opinion of his religion without ever knowing the man personally is a sad commentary.
John 15:13 wrote:Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
maybe he was Just a good man that Loved his fellow man
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

CUDA wrote:
John 15:13 wrote:Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
no, no

his skin was too dark/he followed the wrong god/his name sounds foreign
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

null0010 wrote:
CUDA wrote:
no, no

sounds radical Muslim. you coming out of the closet? :P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

null0010 wrote:
CUDA wrote:
no, no

Just Muslim and until they show they want peace - I have no use for them and I won't give kudo's to a random mistake.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

thats position is no different than those who make their opinions of the Christians based on the Crusades. it is short sighted.
Just Muslim and until they show they want peace - I have no use for them and I won't give kudo's to a random mistake
Maybe this man WAS showing that he wanted peace. but I guess that thought didnt cross your mind.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

CUDA wrote:
null0010 wrote:
CUDA wrote:
no, no

sounds radical Muslim. you coming out of the closet? :P
no, the beard is too much for me. :roll:
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

CUDA wrote:thats position is no different than those who make their opinions of the Christians based on the Crusades. it is short sighted.
Just Muslim and until they show they want peace - I have no use for them and I won't give kudo's to a random mistake
Maybe this man WAS showing that he wanted peace. but I guess that thought didnt cross your mind.
On your first statement. How long do we send them medical aid and money to assist them before they get off the Crusade bit. We have apologized and tried to make up for it for a pretty long time now and they use this to justify an attack of such magnitude and loss of life. Nope, don't buy it anymore.

On your second that he may have wanted peace, he the single man may have but we will never know. He the single man did a good and brave act. But he the Muslim acted without knowing this was a Jihad attack and I refuse to concede to the point where I will recognize a Muslim in a good light in the same conversation as the Twin Towers. I will not combine the two statements.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Cuda68, would you not aid someone who was injured by an abortion clinic bombing?
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Cuda68 »

null0010 wrote:Cuda68, would you not aid someone who was injured by an abortion clinic bombing?
Are speaking as a single man or man based on my religion.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

Cuda68 wrote:
null0010 wrote:Cuda68, would you not aid someone who was injured by an abortion clinic bombing?
Are speaking as a single man or man based on my religion.
Both.
Cuda68
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Cuda68 »

Without involving religion always. I am the oldest of 6 and as far back as I can remember I was responsible for looking after the the other 5 and it has become my nature over the years to look after peoples safety.

As for following my religion, not sure what the roman catholic Church says any more for personal reasons, but I would do it any way and refuse to acknowledge them.I believe in god but not religion, besides they where not there I was.

Edit: What the heck does an abortion clinic have to do with any of this?