\"Stimulus\"?!?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

\"Stimulus\"?!?

Post by Will Robinson »

Almost one million dollars of the alleged economic stimulus package spent last year went to teaching African men how to wash their penis after having sex.

If you are out of work or hurting due to the economy how do you feel about that? Take a look at your next paycheck stub and when you look at the federal income tax portion pat your self on the back because somewhere in Africa a guy might be walking around with a clean dick thanks to you.
Maybe I'm off base here though, maybe I'm over reacting because, after all, it is work for someone...in Africa. So, how many of you are now thinking \"Gee, I guess I could move to Africa and put penis washer on my resume so maybe I could get some stimulus too!\"

DogGamnFutherMuckingBonsOfSitches!!!!

I just want to know how many of you are really going to vote for any of these bastards again?!? Come on, make my day and tell me it's worth it!!
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

LOL I hope the researchers took a hands on approach. :D
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I don't know if I am more troubled by this article, or that I am just finding out that there is a specific way to wash your penis after sex...
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

UHM. probably shouldn't use the words \"stimulus\" and \"Penis\" in the same post :P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

Yeah, that's a waste of money... They don't need it, we don't benefit from it, so what's the point?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Isaac wrote:Yeah, that's a waste of money... They don't need it, we don't benefit from it, so what's the point?
If you are asking what's my point it is that we were told we needed to approve a trillion dollars of emergency economic stimulus which comes out of our pockets. We were told it had to be done right away or else we would see economic catastrophe.
Well they took that trillion, came back for a hundreds of billions more a few months later and now they are back for billions more again even though they haven't finished dealing out the first trillion!!

Maybe I just don't know dick about economics, AIDS research and lying politicians but it seems to me, even if the science behind the study to find out how many African men can be taught how to wash their penis has some value, it sure as hell shouldn't have been funded out of the 'emergency stimulus funds'...

Who ever distributed that million probably was given more than that to use on other non stimulus projects. Follow the money and you will find a politician who shoveled the funds their way for a selfish reason.
How many dick washers have been saved from the unemployment line in your state?
AlphaDoG
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by AlphaDoG »

I am Soooo gonna vote to remove as many incumbents as I can.

As far as African Penis Washers go, I'm not gonna touch that with a 10' pole.
It's never good to wake up in the shrubs naked, you either got way too drunk, or your azz is a werewolf.

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Didn't know all you needed to do was wash your weenie to prevent the transfer of the hiv virus.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

woodchip wrote:Didn't know all you needed to do was wash your weenie to prevent the transfer of the hiv virus.
I'm not sure what they are doing, maybe just trying to give them a replacement for 'the cure' the men there currently believe in which is 'have sex with a virgin and it cures AIDS'.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

It would've been cheaper to GIVE them CONDOMS instead of trying to find reasons to convince African males to get circumcised. Being circumcised doesn't eliminate the risk of HIV transmission either.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: \"Stimulus\"?!?

Post by null0010 »

Will Robinson wrote:one million dollars
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

yes, the government has their sticky fingers on too much money for their own good. They spend that money on too many things that the government shouldn't be involved with. Cuts need to be made, in the budget, and in the Congress.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Plus, I'd be willing to bet that where they say the money goes is not always where it ends up either. Such as the Iran-Contra scandel:
**November 1985. 18 Hawk missiles were shipped to Iran via a Portugal and Israel. North arranged for the transfer of one million dollars which was placed into the bank account of Lake Resources, a CIA operated front to launder money in Florida. 80 Hawks were to be delivered; however, 62 were never delivered. North and Secord testified later that the money received covered the payment for the aircraft. $150,000 was actually spent for transportation, and $850,000 was diverted to the Contras.
Blaze
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blaze »

\"Economic stimulus\" was never meant to \"stimulate\" the economy and never could. Oh yeah, take 787 billion dollars of money that never existed in the first place and put it into circulation, and somehow that's going to prevent economic catastrophe. Oh, that's rich (pun intended). =P

Sorry if I am going off-topic, but I don't like to talk about penises.

Clear!
recharging...
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by VonVulcan »

Will Robinson wrote:I just want to know how many of you are really going to vote for any of these bastards again?!? Come on, make my day and tell me it's worth it!!
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Author unknown.

Have a nice day. :)
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

VonVulcan wrote:Author unknown.

Have a nice day. :)
This quote was translated into English from an article appearing in the Czech Republic as published in the Prager Zeitung of 28 April 2010, according to Sean Hannity, but it shows up on websites dated earlier than that.

Also,

"The danger to America is not George W. Bush but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Bush presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Bush, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a George W. Bush, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

"The danger to America is not Bill Clinton but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Clinton presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Clinton, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Bill Clinton, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

You can stick any president's name in there and it still makes sense.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Heretic »

Funny I Google it with Bush's name and find it hard to find it anywhere before 2010. Mostly Obama's name pops up more with Bushes name. Came up comments in Jan 14 in the washington post

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpa ... ouble.html

ONe month later shows up in comments with Bush's name here

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/52-percent ... -and-blind

Seems like the left took and changed to fit their needs.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

That's... not what I said. I was trying to illustrate that it could be used with any President's name. There isn't a single legitimate complaint or grievance in the whole text. It's just a lot of generic \"Obama is bad because he is bad\" garbage.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Heretic »

Then why even bring up Bush?
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

He was demonstrating that such emotionally charged rhetoric, at the end of the day, says and means absolutely nothing.

With Bush's name, the left gets pumped up.
With Obama's name, the right gets pumped up.

In the end, no real argument has been made, and all that has been accomplished is a reinforcement of ones own personal biases.

Such \"War Cries\" do nothing to further discourse or advance either sides agenda. Actually, sadly, the latter is probably not true...
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

The complaint in that comment is about voters…just in case that was getting overlooked in the dumb assed retorts.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Barack Obama ... entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
follies of an Obama presidency
willing to have such a man for their president.
Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America.
Blaming the prince of the fools (Obama)
The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool.
Yes, we all got that it was directed at \"the people.\" But that doesn't mean it isn't also a peace trashing Obama (which it is).
VonVulcan
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by VonVulcan »

Spidey wrote:The complaint in that comment is about voters…just in case that was getting overlooked in the dumb assed retorts.
That's right, we have a winner! :D
(20:12) STRESSTEST: Im actually innocent this time
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

VonVulcan wrote:
Spidey wrote:The complaint in that comment is about voters…just in case that was getting overlooked in the dumb assed retorts.
Really doesn't refute my point, sir.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Spidey »

null0010 wrote:
VonVulcan wrote:
Really doesn't refute my point, sir.
No it doesn’t, but I could also point out that the quote was posted as one paragraph, and it would also be irrelevant.
Blaze
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Blaze »

The people who bash Obama are the same kinda people who voted in Dubya twice.