Step by step I became a religiously devout Muslim, Mujahid

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Step by step I became a religiously devout Muslim, Mujahid

Post by Nightshade »

Oh, it was just a mental health issue. The guy was clearly crazy and not wanting to follow in the footsteps of muhammad.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/20 ... -homeland/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

article wrote:The letters, written in pencil between May and October, provide a rare glimpse into the thoughts of a self-described jihadist, according to one national security expert. Muhammad describes in his own words how he took his declaration of faith in a Memphis mosque; his motives for moving to Yemen and his attempt to travel to Somalia for weapons training; how and why he planned multiple attacks in the U.S, including ones in Nashville and Florence, Ky., that didn't go as intended; and how he allegedly executed the Little Rock assault.
I hate it when the media plays up the "stories" of these sociopaths like this. They did the same thing to that stupid kid who shot up Virginia Tech. They're calling these "letters" just like they called the Virginia Tech kid's stuff his "manifesto." These are nothing more than the deranged scribblings of the criminally insane, we should call them that and treat them as such. But taking these writings seriously, we are elevating this man to a larger-than-life status.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Perhaps cults or religions aren't necessary when it comes to the criminally insane- but what is the baptist equivalent to a 'mujahid'? Jewish? Mormon?

Perhaps the closest thing would be a \"crusader\" or Spanish Inquisitor, but when was the last time someone took up that title?
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mujahideen

I think a good analogy would be the idea of a \"good Christian soldier\" that was so popular in the era of World Wars, and nonsense such as army chaplains.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

ThunderBunny wrote:Perhaps cults or religions aren't necessary when it comes to the criminally insane- but what is the baptist equivalent to a 'mujahid'? Jewish? Mormon?

Perhaps the closest thing would be a "crusader" or Spanish Inquisitor, but when was the last time someone took up that title?
KKK
Mjolnir
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Mjolnir »

ThunderBunny wrote:Perhaps cults or religions aren't necessary when it comes to the criminally insane- but what is the baptist equivalent to a 'mujahid'? Jewish? Mormon?

Perhaps the closest thing would be a "crusader" or Spanish Inquisitor, but when was the last time someone took up that title?
Well, if you take the tact that I do... that Islam is about 200 some years behind us, that would fit in quite well actually.

Though if you really want a Christian version, just go over to Africa in Rowanda(sp?) I think it is? The Christians started a religious blood feud by going into the Islamic villages and essentially trying to destroy them all. I forget what they call them but there you go.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

Mjolnir wrote:

Well, if you take the tact that I do... that Islam is about 200 some years behind us, that would fit in quite well actually.

Though if you really want a Christian version, just go over to Africa in Rowanda(sp?) I think it is? The Christians started a religious blood feud by going into the Islamic villages and essentially trying to destroy them all. I forget what they call them but there you go.
Ninja? :P
Mjolnir
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mjolnir »

Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

ThunderBunny, I have a serious question... not to derail this thread, but why do you keep posting these topics when other people keep complaining?
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

null0010 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mujahideen

I think a good analogy would be the idea of a "good Christian soldier" that was so popular in the era of World Wars, and nonsense such as army chaplains.
Seeing as how you will more than likely never be in the armed forces and thus never have to prepare yourself for a situation where your demise is very real, you will never know what crap you just posted about military chaplains really is.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Yea, and seeing that a chaplain can be any denomination and serves as non-denominational…

What is his point?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Mjolnir wrote:

Well, if you take the tact that I do... that Islam is about 200 some years behind us, that would fit in quite well actually. ...
What bothers so many of us is it has been declared politically incorrect to discuss the reason why they are so far behind. If you start a religion today you wouldn't ecpect it's followers to suddenly revert back to medieval customs and philosophy. So why is it so wrong to want to address the obvious which is that far too many of the followers of Islam have adopted a xenophobic and extremely violent mindset conveniently sanctioned by Allah according to hi number one henchmen the warrior prophet who we infidels dare not mention by name *cough*muhammed the buttlicking asshat*cough*
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

woodchip wrote:

I think a good analogy would be the idea of a "good Christian soldier" that was so popular in the era of World Wars, and nonsense such as army chaplains.
Seeing as how you will more than likely never be in the armed forces and thus never have to prepare yourself for a situation where your demise is very real, you will never know what crap you just posted about military chaplains really is.
:roll:
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

woodchip wrote:

You say that like it's a bad thing. ^_~
Mjolnir
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by Mjolnir »

Will Robinson wrote:
Mjolnir wrote:

Well, if you take the tact that I do... that Islam is about 200 some years behind us, that would fit in quite well actually. ...
What bothers so many of us is it has been declared politically incorrect to discuss the reason why they are so far behind. If you start a religion today you wouldn't ecpect it's followers to suddenly revert back to medieval customs and philosophy. So why is it so wrong to want to address the obvious which is that far too many of the followers of Islam have adopted a xenophobic and extremely violent mindset conveniently sanctioned by Allah according to hi number one henchmen the warrior prophet who we infidels dare not mention by name *cough*muhammed the buttlicking ******cough*
Are you sure you're not just using the politically correct thing as an excuse to remain ignorant? Because that was a pretty ignorant post, imo.

I will however explain why they are in the position they are in just for clarification, this is pulled from my memory, so I may forget names/cities but you get the idea. Islam actually used to be a fairly tolerant religion(for the time period it could even be considered very tolerant), with a concept of really wanting to explore/learn about the world(Algebra is arabic, a large amount of stars have arabic names, the list goes on). I forget which city it was but it was a major Islamic city where they allowed jews, christians, pagans, and what today would even be known as agnostics/atheists to debate ideas and the like... untill, as religion will normally bring about, some ahole philosopher/priest(whatever the equivalent is) literally pushed the idea that "math is the work of the devil", it caught on politically with higher ups and ever since then, quite literally again... the Islamic world has never gotten back up onto it's scientific/moral feet.

The other half of this problem is based on what they perceive to have once been the great success of their civilization and how they do not seem to have that success anymore, and most seem to take the tact that instead of progressing forward they must revert to old concepts to reattain this past glory. If you look at footage of Egypt, there is a huge rally in the 1950s or 60s I believe and not a single woman is wearing a hajab or burqa, they only came back into "style" with a perceived notion of continued decline... it's really quite a conundrum.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Neo wrote:
woodchip wrote:

You say that like it's a bad thing. ^_~
It is bad to say military Chaplains are nonsense. OTOH, having our govt. place our troop in situations where there is no hope of winning a conclusive victory, of tying our troops hand with limited engagement scenarios such as the Vietnam war exemplified, then that is bad also. I can only hope none of you who are of draft age, have to be placed in such a situation. You might want to stop in at your local church and offer a prayer of thanks for those who were and thank God that you won't be.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Mjolnir wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:
Mjolnir wrote:

What bothers so many of us is it has been declared politically incorrect to discuss the reason why they are so far behind. If you start a religion today you wouldn't ecpect it's followers to suddenly revert back to medieval customs and philosophy. So why is it so wrong to want to address the obvious which is that far too many of the followers of Islam have adopted a xenophobic and extremely violent mindset conveniently sanctioned by Allah according to hi number one henchmen the warrior prophet who we infidels dare not mention by name *cough*muhammed the buttlicking ******cough*
Are you sure you're not just using the politically correct thing as an excuse to remain ignorant? Because that was a pretty ignorant post, imo.

I will however explain why they are in the position they are in just for clarification, this is pulled from my memory, so I may forget names/cities but you get the idea. Islam actually used to be a fairly tolerant religion(for the time period it could even be considered very tolerant), with a concept of really wanting to explore/learn about the world(Algebra is arabic, a large amount of stars have arabic names, the list goes on). I forget which city it was but it was a major Islamic city where they allowed jews, christians, pagans, and what today would even be known as agnostics/atheists to debate ideas and the like... untill, as religion will normally bring about, some ahole philosopher/priest(whatever the equivalent is) literally pushed the idea that "math is the work of the devil", it caught on politically with higher ups and ever since then, quite literally again... the Islamic world has never gotten back up onto it's scientific/moral feet.

The other half of this problem is based on what they perceive to have once been the great success of their civilization and how they do not seem to have that success anymore, and most seem to take the tact that instead of progressing forward they must revert to old concepts to reattain this past glory. If you look at footage of Egypt, there is a huge rally in the 1950s or 60s I believe and not a single woman is wearing a hajab or burqa, they only came back into "style" with a perceived notion of continued decline... it's really quite a conundrum.
Aren't you and Will essentially saying the same thing? The essence being Islam has regressed and being able to talk about it openly is not PC. Perhaps if more people in the public limelight presented info such as you did, Muslim people might start swinging the pendulum the other way. With the lights out, the cockroaches will flourish.
Mjolnir
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mjolnir »

It was similar, then he ironically spiraled into his own xenophobic rant about Allah and Muhammad, etc, etc. I felt I should give a more educated/informative view of it.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Mjolnir wrote:It was similar, then he ironically spiraled into his own xenophobic rant about Allah and Muhammad, etc, etc. I felt I should give a more educated/informative view of it.
There is nothing xenophobic about my rant.
All I did was add to the end my own contempt and lack of fear for the situation I described by taunting any islamo-fascist who might be reading regarding their predictably violent reaction to anyone who disparages their prophet. ★■◆● Mohamed, he was a prick of the highest order and I don't give a rats ass if they can't take it. The truth can be rough, get a helmet.
They started this conflict here in the modern day and they will end up losing big shortly after their next big attack because once they drag us down into the mud with them to fight we will bring all our friends and toys with us...they should have been more careful with what they asked for...I pity their fellow Muslims who will suffer for generations in the wake of the shitstorm that is coming for them.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

If you ask me it was oil money that set them back hundreds of years by giving a disproportionate voice/influence to radical Arabs.

Couple that along with the creation of Israel…
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

Will Robinson wrote:taunting any islamo-fascist who might be reading
Like any "Islamofascists" play Descent.
Will Robinson wrote:They started this conflict here in the modern day and they will end up losing big shortly after their next big attack because once they drag us down into the mud with them to fight we will bring all our friends and toys with us...they should have been more careful with what they asked for...I pity their fellow Muslims who will suffer for generations in the wake of the ***** that is coming for them.
This sure sounds awfully xenophobic, hateful, and jingoistic to me. It also sounds like what a lot of blowhards were saying directly after the 2001 attacks. And where has that attitude gotten us? Hmmm.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

null0010 wrote:...
Will Robinson wrote:They started this conflict here in the modern day and they will end up losing big shortly after their next big attack because once they drag us down into the mud with them to fight we will bring all our friends and toys with us...they should have been more careful with what they asked for...I pity their fellow Muslims who will suffer for generations in the wake of the ***** that is coming for them.
This sure sounds awfully xenophobic, hateful, and jingoistic to me. It also sounds like what a lot of blowhards were saying directly after the 2001 attacks. And where has that attitude gotten us? Hmmm.
Well considering the allegation that I was spewing xenophobia came before I wrote what you quoted I have to think the charge was unfounded unless you want to tell me Mjolnir was able to see into the future...

As to your other comments. Yes, it sounds exactly like what you heard after 9-11...that is the point as Bee touched on in her comments. I simply am being realistic about it. If islamic terrorists succeed in hitting the western world on a grand scale again the reaction on 9-12 will be a footnote in the history of the fall of Islam as any kind of free power in the world. It will bring out the most brutal of policy and even Obama will abandon his silly euphemisms like "man caused disasters" and start to call a terrorist a terrorist.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

I don't see how it could be considered xenophobia seeing how there are Americans practicing Islam. Even American born Islamic Radicals are doing acts of terror. Anwar al-Awlaki born in the US not a foreigner. Hasan Akbar An American killed fellow soldiers with a grenade. Ali al-Timimi American-born Muslim cleric was sentenced to life for telling his followers to perform terrorist acts. Nidal Hasan killed 13 people at fort hood.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Considering their best and brightest conspired for decades to launch their brilliant plan of "hijack an airplane with small tools used to open boxes and fly it into a building," and all subsequent attempts have been made by amateurs easily foiled the the American public, I don't think we need to worry our fearful little heads about terrorists unless it is our job. To the best of my knowledge, none of us are paid to do that.
Heretic wrote:I don't see how it could be considered xenophobia seeing how there are Americans practicing Islam. Even American born Islamic Radicals are doing acts of terror. Anwar al-Awlaki born in the US not a foreigner. Hasan Akbar An American killed fellow soldiers with a grenade. Ali al-Timimi American-born Muslim cleric was sentenced to life for telling his followers to perform terrorist acts. Nidal Hasan killed 13 people at fort hood.
Raise the black flag, ring the warning bells, hit the gong, start the air raid siren! America is under attack by the unending armies of the entire Islamic world!
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Heretic »

null0010 wrote:
Heretic wrote:I don't see how it could be considered xenophobia seeing how there are Americans practicing Islam. Even American born Islamic Radicals are doing acts of terror. Anwar al-Awlaki born in the US not a foreigner. Hasan Akbar An American killed fellow soldiers with a grenade. Ali al-Timimi American-born Muslim cleric was sentenced to life for telling his followers to perform terrorist acts. Nidal Hasan killed 13 people at fort hood.
Raise the black flag, ring the warning bells, hit the gong, start the air raid siren! America is under attack by the unending armies of the entire Islamic world!
Troll much, fact remains it's still not xenophobia.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Why are you concerned about them?
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Heretic »

I get concern about any one going around and killing any one. What concerns me more is people like you trying to defend people killing people for what ever reason.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

Heretic wrote:I get concern about any one going around and killing any one. What concerns me more is people like you trying to defend people killing people for what ever reason.
I love it when people misinterpret things, really brightens my day.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Next null will say \"Oh, the nazis weren't so bad.\"
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Phonecall from Mr. Godwin.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Heretic »

Ok, Mister it's not Islam or terrorist to blame it's the America occupation of their homeland.

http://descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?t=17 ... occupation

How is that not defending the killers that come here and do terrorist acts? I have not misinterpreted you defense or the killers. I see a few others here see you defending the killers also.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Did I say, ever, that this excused their actions? Did I say, ever, that I like it when people die?

No.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

@Heretic: Null is not \"defending terrorists\". He is simply criticizing the \"Israel good, Palestine bad\" perspective, and pointing out that there is historical reason for Palestinians to feel the way they do. (referencing the other thread a bit here)

@Null: The Godwin pic was unnecessary, as was the sarcasm. [Remember Godwin's Law's Law. :) ] Oh, and Will's statement, while ethnically charged, isn't quite deserving of the \"xenophobic, hateful, and jingoistic\" label.

---------

Come on, guys.

Do you all really think people here are so polarized into the \"muslims r terrrrists, nuke 'em all\" and \"terrrrists r gud, nuke americuh\" stereotypes?

Of course not.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

People are polarized, tho