Call of Duty: Black Ops

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Gooberman »

Xamindar wrote:
Gooberman wrote:As Halo1 had no online support, MP required you actually get together.
I could had sworn it did, at least for the PC.
The PC version did, but that came out a few years (iirc) after the xbox one (which definitely did not). There were online programs that made the xbox think it was on a LAN, but those were barely playable.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

America's Army and BF Series are my favorites
dwlpunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by dwlpunk »

i purchased mass effect on steam and played the first hour and a half and i never found out why it was so great. the story had potential but i dont think it was told very well, or at least not implemented well with the gameplay. very dry.. so im a bit reluctant to try the 2nd one.
[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Mass Effect takes roughly 42-72 hours to play if you play it correctly. ME is a VERY VERY deep RPG game that takes some thinking to play and it revolves mostly around your interactions with people. Things that you do in ME1 WILL effect ME2. An hour is certainly not enough time to understand any decent self-respecting RPG. However, ME2 is a bit better. The story seems very dry at first but after a few hours, and after you get out of the Citadel, you will see that the story will expand a LOT. However, before you delve into the actual story, you have to understand the different governments, species, characters, ecs to understand it.

If an FPS takes less than 10 min to bring you in, it isn't worth playing and likewise, I've found that if an RPG takes less than 45min to an hour to bring you in, it isn't worth your time either. ;) BTW, ME1 has THE single best, most epic, and most beefy ending of any game I've ever played. :) ME2 is close on the ending but not quite as good but how it ends also depends on your choices and some of mine didn't work out so well so I kinda blame myself for that lol. ;) However, ME2 simplifies the RPG style and plays completely different than ME1. You don't have to spend hours and hours digging through your inventory. Instead, you buy new parts for your armor from stores and you can paint it however you like. Also the gun play is a bit like Gears Of War but a bit different and involves a bit of tactical strategy. :) So ME2 is a bit faster and is more FPS while ME1 is still great and has a better ending. Both have great stories though but you really need to finish ME1 to grasp the full scope of the universe created for it. It's a lot like KOTOR. It took me a couple of hours to get into it and at first I thought it was a crappy game but to this day, it stands out as one of the best games I've ever played. Same thing happened with Top Wop. BTW, I would get ME on XBox anyway as the PC version had some problems with DMR software on it from what I understand. Actually, part of the reason I have an XBox is to avoid games with DMR.
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Glowhyena »

Isaac wrote:Swat 4
Very unfamiliar to me.
MD1985
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Paskiewicz wrote:
Very unfamiliar to me.
They have a free demo. Try it!
dwlpunk
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by dwlpunk »

in mass effect i made it to the main city where i was aimlessly walking around talking to various species of humanoids with nothing really interesting to say. that was after a handfuls of firefights and disabling a few bombs. maybe im a little impatient, maybe your right and i didn't give it enough time. one thing i really liked about uncharted 2 was the cinematic gameplay. aside from only being available on the console (which i am fortunate to have a ps3 just lying around), the short length was another downside. i was under the impression due to advertising that mass effect would be relatively the same epic, cinematic experience as games like uncharted or metal gear.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

Isaac wrote:
Neo wrote:
Isaac wrote:Swat 4 - best non 6DOF FPS ever, online or single player. /thread
Never heard of it :P
It's too bad that the quality of a game is only measured by the volume it's marketed. :P Oh no wait, then COD:BO would be the greatest game ever.
The quality of a game is only measured by what I think about it. ^_~
Thenior
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Thenior »

Xamindar wrote:
Gooberman wrote:As Halo1 had no online support, MP required you actually get together.
I could had sworn it did, at least for the PC.
The PC version did for sure. I used to play it alot. The lag in the game sucked though.

Anyone remember the free version of F.E.A.R. that was multiplayer only? I loved that game.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I played the multiplayer of F.E.A.R., the non-free version. I had to quit forever because I got extremely sea sick x_x
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by d3jake »

AceCombat wrote:America's Army and BF Series are my favorites
AA was a blast. It's a shame that they can't make good ground-pounder military games without giving you moronic teammates. Even the best AI in the world will break down at some point... Also, the Army was likely trying to enforce teamwork with real people, and on a tight budget, so they couldn't afford a single-player campaign.

AA was great if you had a group of folks on a voice-chat program. Altough the graphics were lacking compared to more "modern" games, I thought it was a great game.

After having played AA, I'm curious to try out one of the CoD games. But, I'm too cheap to buy a game (especially when they're $40-60 a piece). I've only heard rumors as to how good they are, but to try it first-hand would be interesting...
Glowhyena
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Glowhyena »

Isaac wrote:
Paskiewicz wrote:
Very unfamiliar to me.
Ugh, the game looks like too difficult for deaf gamers.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Games like cod blops are an insult to human intelligence.
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Gekko71 »

I think Yahtzee said it best :lol:

(NB: NSFW - BTW ) :wink:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

Paskiewicz wrote:
Isaac wrote:
Paskiewicz wrote:
Very unfamiliar to me.
Ugh, the game looks like too difficult for deaf gamers.
Oh, sorry.