sigh... blockheaded TSA regulations

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

Will Robinson wrote:Two identical planes departing from the same terminal to the same destination.

You get to pick which plane to board.
I'd go with Plane 1, because not all terrorists are brown people. Your xenophobia is showing.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

null0010 wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:Two identical planes departing from the same terminal to the same destination.

You get to pick which plane to board.
I'd go with Plane 1, because not all terrorists are brown people. Your xenophobia is showing.
I think you need to look up that word before you use it any more. Anyway...
How many non brown people have hijacked or blown up an airlines flight in the last 30 years?
How many have?

It's your choice but it doesn't look like you will have made the smart one.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

An isolated incident is not a scientific sample, William.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

null0010 wrote:An isolated incident is not a scientific sample, William.
If you had answered my last questions you would realize how silly that comment you just made is since brown people and hijackings kind of go together like texans and pointy boots. No, not all brown people hijack planes but if the last 30 years shows you that 98% of all planes hijacked were done so by brown people then calling it an isolated incident doesn't quite fit does it?
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

I'm googling for airline hijacking and terrorism involving airlines, but the only results I get are really old ones like D. Cooper and 9/11.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

So what are you 15 for 9\\11 to be really old?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

null0010 wrote:I'm googling for airline hijacking and terrorism involving airlines, but the only results I get are really old ones like D. Cooper and 9/11.
I don't know what the actual number is but in my 51 years I don't recall many non muslim/non brown skinned perpetrators. Hostage taking is a really big thing for terrorists since they saw what it did in 1979.
I guess you kind of walked into that one but hey, it was your call....
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Well, since it would help make your point, you might want to help me find the relevant data.

Heretic, those are two catagories. Old ones like D. Cooper, and 9/11.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

Wow didn't take any time at all to find more hijackings than those 2.

http://timelinesdb.com/listevents.php?s ... =Hijacking
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Gestapo like tactics??
The introductory paragraph of the multi-page document states that it is issued “in response to the growing public backlash against enhanced TSA security screening procedures and the agents conducting the screening process.” Implicit within the same section is that the recently enhanced security screening procedures implemented at U.S. airports, and the measures to be taken in response to the negative public backlash as detailed [in this directive], have the full support of the President. In other words, Obama not only endorses the enhanced security screening, but the measures outlined in this directive to be taken in response to public objections.

For “any person, group or domestic alternative media source” that actively objects to, causes others to object to, supports and/or elicits support for anyone who engages in such travel “disruptions” at U.S. airports (as defined above) in response to the enhanced security procedures, the [applicable DHS administrative branch] is instructed to identify and collect information about the persons or entities, and submit such information in the manner outlined [within this directive].
full story;
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/30286
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Bump for amusement. :lol:
Urban Survival wrote:Plane Foolish
Reader note about TSA:
"wow, I'm really getting pissed at the stupidity of people now. every day you hear some new quote from a lemming, or see one on a news article, or even quoted by you, to the effect of "oh boy, at least the TSA is keeping us safe from bomb!" or "with the scanners shut down it sure would be a good time for a bomber to get through."

when will people learn? TSA HAS NEVER IN ITS HISTORY thwarted a bomb or threat on a plane. EVER! I don't need to source this, anyone can google to find out for themselves! THE WHOLE POINT of the TSA, is **NOT** to protect us from terrorists, and they never ever said they were! The whole purpose is to control EVERYONE ELSE that gets on a plane. Why? Well, I suspect the root of it all can be found in the financials of the major air flight suppliers.

it's so annoying to hear people still talk about it like this. "at least I can get on a plane without fearing for my life..." stupid, stupid idiots, all living in fear. ARGH"
Shhhh! You'll wake t'other sheep...repeat after me: Deterrence...
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

An airline pilot is being disciplined by the Transportation Security Administration for posting video on YouTube pointing out what he believes are serious flaws in airport security.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story. ... 29&catid=2
article wrote:The YouTube videos, posted Nov. 28, show what the pilot calls the irony of flight crews being forced to go through TSA screening while ground crew who service the aircraft are able to access secure areas simply by swiping a card.

"As you can see, airport security is kind of a farce. It's only smoke and mirrors so you people believe there is actually something going on here," the pilot narrates.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

Oh, so that's what TSA stands for. All this time I thought it was the tyranny submission (to) authority. :)

I've been saying increasing \"airport security\" was stupid since the stone age. :)