America worse for the world than Nazi Germany?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

An interesting question.

Roid, opinion?
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

♫Just trolling a long♪
on moonlight bay♫
Gekko71
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Gekko71 »

Heretic wrote:♫Just trolling a long♪
on moonlight bay♫
:lol: :lol: :lol:
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

ThunderBunny worse for this forum than Roid?

An interesting question.
Opinions?
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Avder »

CUDA wrote:ThunderBunny worse for this forum than Roid?

An interesting question.
Opinions?
I agree.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Heretic »

CUDA wrote:ThunderBunny worse for this forum than Roid?

An interesting question.
Opinions?
Yes, it's and interesting question
Yes, I do have opinions
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

You have actually amazed me by Godwinning yourself before you even started talking.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Actually, it's a good question. Americans seem to have this sense of superiority when it comes to others in the world. We've got our government, spy agencies and military sticking their noses into everyone else's affairs without any moral compass or oversight by the people of this country. Our \"wonderful\" free market system has exported it's greed and avarice via huge multinational corporations, many that had their humble beginnings HERE, which have essentially enslaved the populations of poorer nations and polluted their countries, all for OUR population's self-serving quest for the best and finer things in life. We have 5% of the world's population. but consume 24% of it's energy. More:

OINK

We're the world's pigs that have the arrogance to call ourselves as the best nation on the planet when we're really the destroyers.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

tunnelcat wrote:Image
:roll:
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I knew somebody would take the bait…yea, lets just ignore the good things that have come from this country.
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Re:

Post by Isaac »

tunnelcat wrote: We've got our government, spy agencies and military sticking their noses into everyone else's affairs without any moral compass or oversight by the people of this country.
Yeah... that's just like gassing crowds and crowds of innocent people. :roll: Yeah... let's compare our moral compass with the Nazis'...
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Spidey wrote:lets just ignore the good things that have come from this country.
Name 500 :P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

You got me.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

We're starting down the road. The closest analogy is the frog and the pot of boiling water. Throw a frog into boiling water, it will hop out fast to save itself. Put a frog into warm water and then slowly heat it up to boiling, the frog boils to death before it realizes it's cooking.

Americans are now starting to enjoy the warm water, just before they're cooked.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101220/ts ... icesecrecy

Just like Nazi Germany did with Communists and Jews, we've got OUR minorities du jour to blame all our troubles on, Latinos and Muslims. Those who want power and control start up nasty propaganda to rile up the populous, all to make them pliable and to hide the fact that power is being consolidated and freedom is being taken away. The bait and switch or the frog in the boiling water tactic. When Germans were asked after the war why they did nothing to stop Hitler, most said that all the changes were slow and subtle and everyday life seemed comfortable and stable. Many claimed that if Hitler had moved much faster with his power grab, they would have rioted in the streets and overthrown him. But Hitler was savvy enough to realize that people would accept things if changes were slow and incremental. To help divert the lowly commoner's attention from those changes, scapegoats were made out of unpopular minorities, just to keep their attention focused elsewhere. But by the time people felt they'd been had, fear had set in and it was far too late.

America has become greedy, vain and arrogant. The national media feeds us crap that they think will keep our minds off the ball and lull us into submission. How many of you have seen any reports on the protests about the Afghanistan war? People have been chaining themselves to the White House fence in protest. Not one mention in the mainstream press at all. Why? Because most Americans don't have a stake in the war and could care less, so the media puts out fluff stories about missing women or shopping for Christmas to feed a willing, unconcerned and oblivious public. Now if there was a draft, then things might be a little different. I see our freedom being slowly taken away and it's on Obama's watch now. I can't forgive him for that.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Heretic »

Funny how the press was all over the protest of the wars when Bush and the Republicans were in power but now with Obama and the Democrats in power nothing. The only minorities in America causing problems are the elitist in Washington getting away with the propaganda they release through the news media they control which you help spread.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Heretic wrote:Funny how the press was all over the protest of the wars when Bush and the Republicans were in power but now with Obama and the Democrats in power nothing. The only minorities in America causing problems are the elitist in Washington getting away with the propaganda they release through the news media they control which you help spread.
And that ladies and gentlemen is the pure truth on both counts.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

I see wut yu did thare. >_>

You mean they aren't the same thing? x_x
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

é
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Avder »

Neo wrote:I see wut yu did thare. >_>

Dawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re:

Post by Ferno »

tunnelcat wrote:Actually, it's a good question. Americans seem to have this sense of superiority when it comes to others in the world.
Reminds me of when I was working the front desk at a hotel some time ago.

Two americans walk in (yes this could be a leadup to a joke, but I digress), I ask them a few simple questions like "will you two be staying together?" and I got a tort "we're americans. you don't talk to us like that. and we aren't together"

seemed someone got their panties in a knot that day.
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Neo »

That's because they used to be British. :P Besides, most people around the world have a superiority complex.
Mjolnir
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mjolnir »

I actually put some thought into this and decided that the Third Reich wasn't around long enough to form an actual opinion on who, in the long run, would have been worse for the world.

I always enjoy a topic like this, I'll play devils advocate if someone actually wants to argue with me :D.
Mjolnir
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Mjolnir »

No one wants to take Americas side in this little debate? :(
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

Heretic wrote:Funny how the press was all over the protest of the wars when Bush and the Republicans were in power but now with Obama and the Democrats in power nothing. The only minorities in America causing problems are the elitist in Washington getting away with the propaganda they release through the news media they control which you help spread.
Because Bush and the Republicans started the wars.
When they were in power, it was debatable whether they had even learned their lesson or they just wanted to keep the war going until they won and could try to save face.

Now that Obama and the Democrats are in power, people have an assumption that they have inherited just another huge Republican ★■◆● UP and have to deal with it.

Bush and the Republicans got so much anti-war complaining because it's common knowledge that they are warmongering fucks and everyone knows where to correctly lay the blame.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Heretic »

Roid, So the war protest are still going on but the news doesn't report it because democrats are in power just because it the republicans fault? Doesn't explain why the news stop reporting the protest just because the democrats are in power. I also seem to remember that some of the democrats voted to allow the action. There were in fact 81 Democrats from the House of Representatives and 29 Democrats from the Senate that voted yay to HJ.Res. 114. The action in Iraq could have not happen with out the aid of the democrats since they controlled the senate in 2002.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Tunnelcat »

roid wrote:Because Bush and the Republicans started the wars.
When they were in power, it was debatable whether they had even learned their lesson or they just wanted to keep the war going until they won and could try to save face.

Now that Obama and the Democrats are in power, people have an assumption that they have inherited just another huge Republican **** UP and have to deal with it.

Bush and the Republicans got so much anti-war complaining because it's common knowledge that they are warmongering **** and everyone knows where to correctly lay the blame.
Obama's a Democrat?????????????? Could've fooled me. He's just continuing more of that nation building Bushie was doing. Change my @$$!

As to why the mainstream press is not covering it, I have no idea. The mainstream press is most certainly NOT, on a whole, liberal, except for MSNBC. 'Corporate' and 'liberal' just don't go together.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

'Corporate' and 'liberal' just don't go together.

Yea, dream on.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

Heretic wrote:Roid, So the war protest are still going on but the news doesn't report it because democrats are in power just because it the republicans fault? Doesn't explain why the news stop reporting the protest just because the democrats are in power. I also seem to remember that some of the democrats voted to allow the action. There were in fact 81 Democrats from the House of Representatives and 29 Democrats from the Senate that voted yay to HJ.Res. 114. The action in Iraq could have not happen with out the aid of the democrats since they controlled the senate in 2002.
Oh we're just talking about the media? i see. I don't really know what's going on in your local media.

If the anti-war protests really are just as strong as they always were and your local media isn't covering it - I can think of some possible explanations:
- They have nothing new to say.
- They are no longer as relevant. The original protests were much more relevant as they calling for Bush&Co to be held to account for the stupid war they tricked (propaganda & outright lies) the American people into. Bush is no longer in power, so the protest no longer has the same directed focus and power.

Maybe if the Tea Party started joining the anti-war protests (wars cost tax dollars you know), the media would start covering it more.

Democrats being all weak and "me too" about the war doesn't change the fact that Bush and the Republicans started the war, after slathering the american people with pro-war propaganda. Do you want to deny this? I really can't see how you can. Everyone on the planet knows that Iraq was Bush's war, they were planning it for years, it's common knowledge.

Just coz i think the Republicans are morally bankrupt doesn't mean i think the Democrats are wonderful, so trying to explain me away with bipartisan language is useless.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

roid wrote: Everyone on the planet knows that Iraq was Bush's war, they were planning it for years, it's common knowledge.
Really? You have something to back up your assertions?
If you want I can present to you the same "lies" Bush was using were first uttered by Herr Clinton when he was in power. Using "Everyone knows" is a poor posting tactic and you know it.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

yep I really do think it's that intuitively obvious, that i feel no compulsion to explain it to you. I will happily mentally write you off as \"a crazy person\" for disagreeing and get on with my life without wasting anymore time on you.

You can try to convince me otherwise though if you want.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

roid wrote:yep I really do think it's that intuitively obvious, that i feel no compulsion to explain it to you. I will happily mentally write you off as "a crazy person" for disagreeing and get on with my life without wasting anymore time on you.

Too bad our war mongering leaders during WW2 didn't leave the Aussies to fend for themselves. And no I won't try to convince you of anything as I, like most here, have written you off for reasons varied.
Avder
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Avder »

roid wrote:yep I really do think it's that intuitively obvious, that i feel no compulsion to explain it to you. I will happily mentally write you off as "a crazy person" for disagreeing and get on with my life without wasting anymore time on you.

As someone who has actually read some of the evidence there is for that, I think you should actually take the time to cite sources instead of screaming "Its obvious!" because while its obvious to those of us who actually hate Bush and co, it is not obvious to everyone else.

Cite sources please.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Will Robinson »

Bet51987 wrote:What sources could Roid possibly provide that wouldn't immediately be rejected by this Republican forum. :lol:

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/11/08 ... bout-iraq/

Bee
What source can he possibly use to simply explain his assertions in a logical context? To hell with validity we want lucidity first!!

If the war was wrong when Bush was in charge it doesn't become less wrong when Obama said he would end it in his campaigning for office but then once elected doesn't...

The assertion that the media doesn't want to talk about the war that is still going on after eight years and the current Presidents promises to end it because it is nothing new but pursuing some kind of indictment of the starting of the conflict because Bush and the repubs are 'war mongers' is some of the weakest analysis ever offered!!

Roid, have you bothered to look into just who in America was in favor of starting a conflict with Iraq?!?! I suppose you subscribe to that loony left wing faction that credits Bush for fooling the long list of Democrat congressmen and a democratic President and vice President into authorizing an armed conflict BEFORE BUSH WAS EVER ELECTED!!!
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Cmon Will!!! you know better than to screw up a good rant with FACTS. what were you thinking :P

― Theodore Roosevelt
Neo
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Re:

Post by Neo »

tunnelcat wrote:Obama's a Democrat?????????????? Could've fooled me. He's just continuing more of that nation building Bushie was doing. Change my @$$!
You can't say he's not a Democrat just because he's doing the same things. ^_~ That's actually what makes him one more than anything. =P
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

woodchip wrote:Too bad our war mongering leaders during WW2 didn't leave the Aussies to fend for themselves. And no I won't try to convince you of anything as I, like most here, have written you off for reasons varied.
For years i've explained at length many things to you and others on this forum. With varying patience perhaps. But one thing i've always had is the tenacity to explain things to people. Yeah it takes time and effort, it clearly takes hope and patience.

How about you give a little back, and spend some time trying to teach me something for once.