Vaccine-Autism \"link\" fraudulent

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Vaccine-Autism \"link\" fraudulent

Post by Foil »

Study Linking Vaccine to Autism Was Fraud
Article wrote:The first study to link a childhood vaccine to autism was based on doctored information about the children involved, according to a new report on the widely discredited research.

...the suggestion the MMR shot was connected to autism spooked parents worldwide and immunization rates for measles, mumps and rubella have never fully recovered.
Oddly enough, I just had a lengthy debate this week with two old friends of mine who have been convinced by the vaccine-causes-autism hype. One of them is even delaying her children's vaccinations.

I'm a father of a two-year-old, and this man's "study" has caused a vaccine scare for over ten years, resulting in children dying from easily-preventable diseases. Am I the only one angry at this?
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

Regardless of whether or not the damage done by vaccines is limited to autism, I'm not going to let anyone inject me with mercury, thank you very much. =P Oh, great. Now health officials can push more vaccinations that are supposed to immunize people against diseases that are supposedly essential to human \"evolution.\"

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to listen to anyone who publishes numerous articles about how we need to take vaccines one day and then publishes another article about how viruses, including HIV, play a key role in human development.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: Vaccine-Autism \"link\" fraudulent

Post by null0010 »

Foil wrote:I'm a father of a two-year-old, and this man's "study" has caused a vaccine scare for over ten years, resulting in children dying from easily-preventable diseases. Am I the only one angry at this?
The very idea of not vaccinating children from deadly diseases because they might develop autism is and always has been ridiculous. Even if this study were true, what would you rather have? An autistic child or a dead child?

Furthermore, I had always wondered, if autism indeed were linked to vaccination, why wasn't there a huge autism explosion when Jonas Salk invented the polio vaccine?

The man who fabricated this data is a sad, sad, man. I'd like to slap him.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Wow. I'm surprised that scare is still around, I remember sending my sister a link about that in '04.
ImageImage
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re:

Post by Foil »

Grendel wrote:I'm surprised that scare is still around...
I was a bit surprised to find out that a number of people I know still believe it despite the facts.

And then there's Neo/Burly, though I have no idea what he's rambling out (HIV?).
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Re:

Post by Heretic »

Foil wrote:And then there's Neo/Burly, though I have no idea what he's rambling out (HIV?).
Why evilution of course.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

lol

Well if I were to believe every article just because it's the \"news,\" then that would either mean that vaccinating people is like trying to \"help\" a butterfly out of a cocoon, or it means that people are contradicting themselves.
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Post by Grendel »

Most evolution in humans happens by action nowadays.
ImageImage
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Regardless of whether or not the damage done by vaccines is limited to autism, I'm not going to let anyone inject me with mercury, thank you very much. =P Oh, great. Now health officials can push more vaccinations that are supposed to immunize people against diseases that are supposedly essential to human \"evolution.\"

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to listen to anyone who publishes numerous articles about how we need to take vaccines one day and then publishes another article about how viruses, including HIV, play a key role in human development.
The whole process of theorizing involves contradicting your self. The end goal being to remove as many contradictions as possible to get to a core truth. Then when you have an absolute truth, you build from there and anything that contradicts a core truth you dismiss immediately. That's the problem with a lot of today's theories. People have preconceived ideas and then try and prove themselves right, instead of actually wanting to know the truth. Therefore, they continually contradict themselves in any argument. I see exactly what he's saying.
Oh yeah, and everybody's a damn expert too. :roll:
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Skyalmian »

Vaccines by themselves aren't a problem. It's the toxic metal mercury that's in them as a preservative that many are asking strong questions over. Mercury + Autism. (Notice the diametrically opposed headlines.)
Thimerosal (Mercury) in Vaccines wrote:4) Dr. Andrew Wakefield asks why it's in infant vaccines when, "mercury was taken out of animal vaccines 20 years ago because it was too toxic."
Bush To Veto Ban On Mercury In Vaccines wrote:While the FDA questioned thimerosal's safety in the 80s, noting that it was "not safe for 'over-the-counter' topical use because of its potential for cell damage", and while it was removed from animal vaccines for the same reason, the government regulatory committees did nothing to question its use in childhood vaccines.
The great thimerosal cover-up: Mercury, vaccines, autism and your child's health wrote:Banned around the world, but not in the United States
That might explain why thimerosal was eliminated in many countries 20 years ago. In 1977, a Russian study found that adults exposed to ethylmercury, the form of mercury in thimerosal, suffered brain damage years later. Studies on thimerosal poisoning also describe tubular necrosis and nervous system injury, including obtundation, coma and death. As a result of these findings, Russia banned thimerosal from children's vaccines in 1980. Denmark, Austria, Japan, Great Britain and all the Scandinavian countries have also banned the preservative.

Eli Lilly stuck to its "scientific" facts, but the truth began slipping between the cracks in 1999. After the number of immunizations rose to 12 to 15 per child, the public finally became privy to the possible dangers of thimerosal. One 1999 study revealed that some infants, due to a genetic or developmental factor, lack the ability to eliminate mercury. Trace amounts of mercury in these infants, when accumulated over several vaccines, could pose a severe health risk. Some vaccines, such as vaccines for hepatitis B, contained as much as 12.5 micrograms of mercury per dose. That's more than 100 times the EPA's upper limit standard when administered to infants.
Vaccine Ingredients wrote:Disclaimer / Investigate: The intent of this website is to raise awareness about the controversial aspects of vaccination. Many vaccines still contain thimerosal (49.6% ethylmercury by weight.) While mercury is a highly toxic element second only to radioactive plutonium, when combined with other ingredients, specifically aluminum and formaldehyde, the synergistic effects increase 10,000-fold. Individuals who suffer from chronic mercury exposure will have a unique expression of symptoms. This presentation is not to be construed as medical or legal advice: locate and confer with a trusted physician and lawyer.
Eighteen Reasons Why You Should NOT Vaccinate Your Children Against The Flu This Season wrote:Adjuvants are added to vaccines to boost production of antibodies but may trigger autoimmune reactions. Some adjuvants are mercury (thimerosal), aluminum and squalene. Would you permit your children to be injected with lead? Lead is very harmful to the brain. Then why would you sign a consent form for your kids to be injected with mercury, which is even more brain-toxic than lead? Injecting mercury may fry the brains of American kids.

Children below the age of 2 years do not have a sufficient blood—brain barrier developed and are subject to chronic brain infections that emanate into symptoms that are called autism. Toddlers should not be subjected to injected viruses.

7. Health officials want to vaccinate women during pregnancy, subjecting the fetal brain to an intentional biological assault. A recent study showed exposure flu viruses among women during pregnancy provoke a similar gene expression pattern in the fetus as that seen in autistic children. This is a tacit admission that vaccines, which inject a little bit of influenza into humans, causes autism.

8. Modern medicine has no explanation for autism, despite its continued rise in prevalence. Yet autism is not reported among Amish children who go unvaccinated. Beware the falsehoods of modern medicine.
Feel Like Banging My Head Against a Brick Wall (11-08-2009) :evil:

Mercury in Vaccines Causes Brain Cell Damage ("3 years ago")

Legal Immunity Set for Swine Flu Vaccine Makers (August 20 2009)
Grendel
3d Pro Master
3d Pro Master

Re:

Post by Grendel »

Skyalmian wrote:Vaccines by themselves aren't a problem. It's the toxic metal mercury that's in them as a preservative that many are asking strong questions over. Mercury + Autism. (Notice the diametrically opposed headlines.)
Well, Foil started the thread about the '98 paper by A. Wakefield that connects the MMR vaccine to autism, no mercury involved. The connection Thimerosal/Autism was made by a paper in 2001, written by some parents (!), published in a non peer-reviewed magazine.

And finally: "Although thiomersal was largely removed from routine infant vaccines by summer 2001 in the U.S.,(ref) some vaccines continue to contain non-trace amounts of thiomersal, mainly in multi-dose vaccines targeted against influenza and tetanus. (ref)"
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Mercury causes autism? Guess we should stop selling tuna fish then.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Mercury is bad.
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Skyalmian »

Grendel wrote:(ref)
I'm glad to have read that... Thanks for showing it, as it does well at illuminating the multi-part story. :o
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Speaking of mercury…want to see something scary, I saw this on TV the other day.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1 ... 52,00.html

I don’t want to change the subject, but I also don’t want to start another thread.

Back to original topic…..
grizz
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re:

Post by grizz »

[quote="Grendel"]

(ref)

Good article. A lot of the families in our sphere of acquaintance are very opposed to vaccination, to the degree that one told me outright that I HAD to stop having my children vaccinated immediately. (To which I replied "I have vaccinated all my children so far and intend to keep doing so." He doesn't speak to me much anymore....)

All my 7 children have received every vaccination recommended, and none have shown any developmental problems. Two have graduated with honors from their respective colleges, a third will do the same this May, having kept a 3.94 GPA and making the Deans list 4 yrs in a row. Along with all of them being very athletically inclined.

I'm not a medical professional, but that is my personal experience.

On a side note, many of the families I know who refuse to vaccinate have one or more children who have developmental disabilities.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re:

Post by Alter-Fox »

flip wrote: The whole process of theorizing involves contradicting your self. The end goal being to remove as many contradictions as possible to get to a core truth. Then when you have an absolute truth, you build from there and anything that contradicts a core truth you dismiss immediately. That's the problem with a lot of today's theories. People have preconceived ideas and then try and prove themselves right, instead of actually wanting to know the truth. Therefore, they continually contradict themselves in any argument. I see exactly what he's saying.
Explaining that was essentially the intro to my stats class last term, and then to my research methods class this term.
...I'm not saying anything more...
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Burlyman »

flip wrote:The whole process of theorizing involves contradicting your self. The end goal being to remove as many contradictions as possible to get to a core truth. Then when you have an absolute truth, you build from there and anything that contradicts a core truth you dismiss immediately. That's the problem with a lot of today's theories. People have preconceived ideas and then try and prove themselves right, instead of actually wanting to know the truth. Therefore, they continually contradict themselves in any argument. I see exactly what he's saying.
Oh yeah, and everybody's a damn expert too. :roll:
Or it happens by the least action. ^_~

It's supposed to be news, not theories or contradictions
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

he just explained to you why contradictions are nessesary
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »