Psychopath attacks congresswoman

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:
CUDA wrote:Learn to seek the truth before you parrot it.
I know the truth and so did the Sheriff. I also found it easy to understand what he meant but I'm posting it here again just for you. I also picked Palin because she's the most popular, the most vocal, and uses words like "targeting" and "reload" along with symbols of a gunsight when instigating the crazies who follow her.

Bee
BS on choosing Palin because she's the most popular. you chose Palin because you hate her and felt you could get another dig into her, at least be honest to your self

and because you OBVIOUSLY ignored what I posted earlier I'll post it again for you to ignore
by me earlier wrote:Unnoted by Giffords then, or Krugman now, is the routine use of similar language and imagery by both parties in a culture obsessed with "battleground" states. Indeed, a nearly identical map, included in a Democratic Leadership Committee publication in 2004,
when you start criticizing the left for using the same tactics since 2004 then you can start criticizing Palin. until then your a Hypocrate.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Not saying you are wrong Cuda, but can u post a link/img.....words like \"nearly identical\" tend to bother me.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

did anyone see the interview with that imbecile on CNN? :) I can't even remember his name. :P
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Burlyman wrote:did anyone see the interview with that imbecile on CNN? :) I can't even remember his name. :P
which one?? there are so many :P

here ya go Goob
http://theblogprof.blogspot.com/2011/01 ... -make.html
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re:

Post by woodchip »

Bet51987 wrote:

I know the truth and so did the Sheriff. I also found it easy to understand what he meant but I'm posting it here again just for you. I also picked Palin because she's the most popular, the most vocal, and uses words like "targeting" and "reload" along with symbols of a gunsight when instigating the crazies who follow her.

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," the sheriff said. "And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."
Bee
So comments stemming from on high by Obama are O.K. and the only comments to focus on are the ones by Palin?:

"That’s exactly what Barack Obama said he would do to counter Republican attacks “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Friday night. “Because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl. I’ve seen Eagles fans.”

So are "targeting" and "reload" more inciting than "knives" and "guns"?
Skyalmian
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Skyalmian »

snoopy wrote:We really need a unifying political figure who can bring the polarities back to the middle, and soon.
That will never happen beneficially so long as psychopaths (1 2) continue to remain in power... Besides, the ancient Divide and Conquer tactic that is pandemic today works too well for them. If unification happens, have all eyes on Cui bono? and how they do.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Holy cow…we have video games where people use their cars to run over people, if you say something about it, the liberals will tell you…people are smarter than to take that literally.

The double standard is amazing.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

Spidey wrote:Holy cow…we have video games where people use their cars to run over people, if you say something about it, the liberals will tell you…people are smarter than to take that literally.

The double standard is amazing.
I would have to say there is a slight difference, in one, you have simulated violence perpetrated by fictional characters, and in the other, we have real people with significant political power using words and phrases that seem designed to incite violence.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

[RIP]Machete_Bug
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RIP]Machete_Bug »

The bodies aren't even cold, and the ghouls on the left are trying to exploit the dead to tear down their political opposition. Pretty sad. Six folks are dead, including a 9-year old girl, and the first thing some folks think of are ways to make it Rush Limbaugh or Sarah Palin's fault.

I used to think a good deal of people on the right had an unwarrented obsession with Sarah Palin. Over time that's changed, and this last tragedy is what has finally convinced me beyond any doubt that the left is far more obsessed with her than the right ever will be. They just can't help themselves.

It kinda reminds me of a guy I knew in the 90's who hated Bill Clinton so much that he actually found a way to make the flat tire on his car, somehow, into Slick Willy's fault. It's almost like the political hate becomes a parlour game, like Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. Take some tragedy, large or small, significant or petty, and try to find whatever tenuous connection you can, no matter how badly it strains credibility or common sense, to find some way to make it the fault of one's particular political hate object.

Question: I was pretty young when John Hinkley Jr. put a few rounds into Ronald Reagan, so maybe I don't remember it so well. But... did William F. Buckley or any other right wing luminaries of the time try to blame it on Ted Kennedy and the left? Was Walter Mondale claimed to be an accessory to attempted murder?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:
CUDA wrote:...BS on choosing Palin because she's the most popular. you chose Palin because you hate her and felt you could get another dig into her, at least be honest to your self

and because you OBVIOUSLY ignored what I posted earlier I'll post it again for you to ignore
by me earlier wrote:Unnoted by Giffords then, or Krugman now, is the routine use of similar language and imagery by both parties in a culture obsessed with "battleground" states. Indeed, a nearly identical map, included in a Democratic Leadership Committee publication in 2004,
when you start criticizing the left for using the same tactics since 2004 then you can start criticizing Palin. until then your a Hypocrate.
I never once said I hated Sarah Palin so stop trying to build a story. I don't like her one bit but I picked her as being a HUGE part of the problem for the reasons I gave which include her popular, vicious, incendiary remarks that made her the darling of the Tea Party crazies.

Show me someone who compares to that instead of what you showed so far.

Bee
your vitriol disagree's with you. it's OBVIOUS to all who post here your feelings towards Palin, so stop being disingenuous. and your attempt to CONTINUE to attach an OBVIUOSLY sick man's actions to ANYTHING Sarah Palin did it pitiful. you blamed Palin's Pic of the states with Targets on them as a reason. will you lay the same blame at the DNC's poster that is "almost" identical from 2004?
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

I wanna see this identical image.
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Re:

Post by Heretic »

null0010 wrote:I wanna see this identical image.
He said almost IDENTICAL not IDENTICAL. If you have had been following along with the topic and clicking links you would have seen the image already. Since you can't follow along with the topic here ya go.

Democrats

Palin's

Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I can’t wait to hear the spin on how targets are different from crosshairs.
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

Don't forget that:

The Democrat's graphic is singling out individual swing states.

The text accompanying Palin's graphic was singling out the individual Democrat congressmen/women (congresspeople?).
One of those specific people was just shot in the head.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

hyperbol

BOTH maps were targeting the politician in those states. the DNC map just didnt name the names.

― Theodore Roosevelt
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

No only Palin's campaign referenced individuals like that.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

roid wrote:No only Palin's campaign referenced individuals like that.
so If it was not refering to those politician that were vulnerable in those states during an election cycle, then what exactly could it have meant?

I'm looking forward to this explaination :roll:

― Theodore Roosevelt
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

Spin #1 complete.

Yea, the democrats were targeting “enemy” states not people…lol!

Next…
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

The left is making a similar statement to the following:

The wannabe assassin was feeling blue that morning because he remembered Sarah Palin drives a blue car, so he decided to kill a blue politician. Clearly Sarah's blue car incited his blueness and is to blame!

I think this guy had no idea (or care) about just what kind of website Sarah Palin had. That the left is making a strained association between the two would be halarious were it not so pathetic.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

ThunderBunny wrote:The left is making a similar statement to the following:

The wannabe assassin was feeling blue that morning because he remembered Sarah Palin drives a blue car, so he decided to kill a blue politician. Clearly Sarah's blue car incited his blueness and is to blame!

I think this guy had no idea (or care) about just what kind of website Sarah Palin had. That the left is making a strained association between the two would be halarious were it not so pathetic.
Thank God he wasn't driving a Black car :shock:

― Theodore Roosevelt
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

Heretic wrote:Democrats

Palin's

I love it
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

null0010 wrote:
Heretic wrote:Democrats

Palin's

I love it
Please expound

― Theodore Roosevelt
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

There are two realities: Did this map cause him to shoot a congress woman? No. Does Sarah Palin hold any blame? No. Will it affect her chances in politics....\"you betcha\".

The political consequences:
The difference between the maps are that one has names on both sides, I.e. \"from Sarah Palin, possible presidential candidate, to congresswoman\" opposed to \"from democratic party to state electoral vote\". Also, I associate bullseyes/targets with darts, a place to buy cheep crap, and archerey. I associate sarah's map markers with shooting. Im just saying a better example/comparison must be dug up to with stand the storm headed her way should she run.

It doesn't matter in politics if sarah palin holds any blame, all that matters is how easy the left can force people to debate *if* she should hold some blame. The best example of this is what was done to john kerry.

It will be easy to control the narrative with something this tragic. Politics is cold and calculating, and this card would be played. (And id the sides were reversed, and obama had sight placed over a republican who was subsequently shot in the head.....the other side would react exactly how the left is now).
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Gooberman wrote:There are two realities: Did this map cause him to shoot a congress woman? No. Does Sarah Palin hold any blame? No. Will it affect her chances in politics...."you betcha".

The political consequences:
The difference between the maps are that one has names on both sides, I.e. "from Sarah Palin, possible presidential candidate, to congresswoman" opposed to "from democratic party to state electoral vote". Also, I associate bullseyes/targets with darts, a place to buy cheep crap, and archerey. I associate sarah's map markers with shooting. Im just saying a better example/comparison must be dug up to with stand the storm headed her way should she run.

It doesn't matter in politics if sarah palin holds any blame, all that matters is how easy the left can force people to debate *if* she should hold some blame. The best example of this is what was done to john kerry.

It will be easy to control the narrative with something this tragic. Politics is cold and calculating, and this card would be played. (And id the sides were reversed, and obama had sight placed over a republican who was subsequently shot in the head.....the other side would react exactly how the left is now).
I totally agree with you with one exception.
all that matters is how easy the left can force people to debate *if* she should hold some blame.
the left doesnt need to force a debate when you have people Like TC and Bee who so blindly are willing to blame Palin and or the Conservatives/Tea Party for a heinous act/acts that they had absolutely zero part in. all they want to do if find blame and they are willing to attach that blame to anyone that fits their agenda,
sadly there are people on the right that do the same thing. it's just a matter of agenda on one end, and people being lazy and not wanting to know or search for the truth on the other.(sheeple)
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

CUDA wrote:
so If it was not refering to those politician that were vulnerable in those states during an election cycle, then what exactly could it have meant?

Can you name the politicians?
Spidey wrote:

Tell ya what. I'll give you this here flux capacitor, here's it's yours. You can go back in time, change history, and make the Democrat image say whatever you want it to say.

Oh wait, i don't have a flux capacitor for a time machine, so you'll just have to deal with an actual reality where ONLY PALIN'S CAMPAIGN REFERENCED INDIVIDUALS LIKE THAT.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

roid wrote:
CUDA wrote:

ya that's the explaination I expected :roll:

― Theodore Roosevelt
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by roid »

ya that's the dodge i expected from you.

So i'm just going to ask it again:

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

roid wrote:ya that's the dodge i expected from you.

So i'm just going to ask it again:

would you like me to look up the politicians that were in office 6 years ago for you. or do you want to continue to play stupid and say that the maps aren't the same thing. it's your choice. but anyway you cut it your the loser. because I can find out that info. Where you cannot justify the differences in the maps.

― Theodore Roosevelt
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

That looks like a graph for the presidential race to me. Look at the colors, look at the way the targets are centered on the states, and look at the subtitle below the original graphic that talks about the results of the previous presidential election. Roid is right.

It really doesn't matter whether those symbols were meant to resemble crosshairs or if they're just fancy surveyor marks. As I recall Sarah Palin is a big proponent of the 2nd amendment. It's a big thing with her, and it's a big issue today. Ask yourself if you thought it was out of place before the shooting. If they are scope-like crosshairs I don't think it's out of place for her at all. If you're willing to believe that Sarah Palin wanted political opponents to be killed, then as far as I'm concerned you need to come up with some real proof and not this bull**** graph stuff.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Re:

Post by Bet51987 »

CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Bet51987 wrote:
CUDA wrote:...and Bee who so blindly are willing to blame Palin and or the Conservatives/Tea Party for a heinous act/acts that they had absolutely zero part in...
{bolded by me} You have got to be kidding me. They had no part in? Your loyalty to Sarah Palin in light of her hate speeches she creates in the form of passion, is without bounds.

Bettina
I have no loyalty to Palin. I have loyalty to the truth, something you dont know anything about.
PROVE to anyone on this forum that Palin had anything to do with this attack and I'll appologize

but you cant can you.

you cant because she and her website didn't cause this.
I know it, you know it, everyone on this forum knows it. so go ahead and make up your little lies if it makes you feel better. the TRUTH speaks for itself.

― Theodore Roosevelt
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by CUDA »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:That looks like a graph for the presidential race to me. Look at the colors, look at the way the targets are centered on the states, and look at the subtitle below the original graphic that talks about the results of the previous presidential election. Roid is right.
I stepped back and re-thought the Maps. they both say the same thing and they both say something different. I owe you an apology Roid. the DNC map was more about the state battle instead of any 1 individual politician. however I still feel that the premise of the maps remain the same. it is about political targets

― Theodore Roosevelt
[RIP]Machete_Bug
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by [RIP]Machete_Bug »

\"Black Sabbath records drove me to kill my parents.\"

\"Sarah Palin's website drove me to kill six people at a political rally.\"

Just as I thought. Side by side, both statements appear equally stupid.

Loughner believed that the government was using the rules of grammar to control our minds, and worshipped a skull in a tent in his back yard. Sounds like a certifiable nut to me. About the only thing crazier than him are the people trying to make some sort of sensible explanation out of the motivations of an extremely disturbed mind.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by null0010 »

CUDA wrote:
null0010 wrote:I love it
Please expound
It makes me laugh.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re:

Post by Spidey »

[RIP]Machete_Bug wrote:"Black Sabbath records drove me to kill my parents."

"Sarah Palin's website drove me to kill six people at a political rally."

Loughner believed that the government was using the rules of grammar to control our minds, and worshipped a skull in a tent in his back yard. Sounds like a certifiable nut to me. About the only thing crazier than him are the people trying to make some sort of sensible explanation out of the motivations of an extremely disturbed mind.
Good Stuff
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Oh, Rush. :roll:

On the opposite end of that spectrum of both politics and crazy (in this instance) is Jon Stewart, I think.

Furthermore,
[RIP]Machete_Bug wrote:"Black Sabbath records drove me to kill my parents."

"Sarah Palin's website drove me to kill six people at a political rally."

you are absolutely right. Those two statements don't just appear stupid, or are only stupid next to each other, they are always stupid.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

\"Black Sabbath records drove me to kill my parents.\"

\"Sarah Palin's website drove me to kill six people at a political rally.\"
These are exactly the claims that PSYCHOPATHS make. Being a PSYCHOPATH supersedes ones political affiliations. :P
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re:

Post by Burlyman »

CUDA wrote:
Burlyman wrote:did anyone see the interview with that imbecile on CNN? :) I can't even remember his name. :P
which one?? there are so many :P
haha

well, I meant the guy who was commenting on this "story" to Keith Olbermann
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re:

Post by roid »

CUDA wrote:however I still feel that the premise of the maps remain the same. it is about political targets
agreed.

As far as i'm concerned the topic of this thread is just about a crazy person who shot someone in a currently very politicised America.