Descent Max Volume Too Quiet

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Cpt. Zaphod B.
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent Max Volume Too Quiet

Post by Cpt. Zaphod B. »

The title about sums it up. I have Descent turned up all the way and when I turn my computer up all the way, it's at what I would like to be halfway up. I wanna take advantage of my computer's stereo, which consists of only 2 speakers and a sub at this point. And if I play music, I can't hear Descent's audio. It's turned up all the way in Descent.

Any suggestions? I want it to be louder.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Are other sounds on your system loud enough? If so, what is your operating system?
Cpt. Zaphod B.
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cpt. Zaphod B. »

Yup, everything's loud enough. I've taken advantage of my speakers with music, YouTube, and even Mumble lol. I'm running Windows 7 and Descent just isn't loud enough. I'm running Rebirth, btw.
FireFox
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by FireFox »

I'm not sure if this might be relevant but the game Singularity had a similar problem in Win 7 where for some obscure reason all of the games sounds was extremely low. The solution was easy thou. Once the game have loaded to the main menu you just Alt+tab to your desktop right click on you volume icon in the task bar select open volume mixer. There you will find that each application that is running has an individual volume slider. Singularity's one was almost 0 by default. One just increased it to max and alt+tab back to the game and whala problem solved. Maybe it's something similar with your problem. The big annoyance of this was you had to do it each and every single time because you could not change that default setting :roll:
Aus-RED-5
DBB Friend
DBB Friend

Post by Aus-RED-5 »

If you're not sure, this is what FF is talking about. ;)

Cpt. Zaphod B.
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Cpt. Zaphod B. »

I would give that a shot, but every time I alt-Tab out of Rebirth, my mouse gets stuck in the top-left corner of the screen. I might give it a shot anyway.

EDIT: That worked. Thanks!