Dreamspace: a D3 anarchy level

The place to promote and link to Descent levels - both multiplayer and singleplayer - D1, D2 and D3.

Moderators: Sniper, Xfing

Terminal
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Dreamspace: a D3 anarchy level

Post by Terminal »

Link: http://www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMission.php?id=112

I made it a couple years ago, but upon completion I hadn't really done anything with it besides uploading it to the dmdb. Just today I was flying around in it out of boredom when I figured it would be pretty good for a multiplayer game. I thought I'd show it off here and see what other people think about it. Yeah, it's pretty much a bunch of blocks, but it's playable none-the-less. I tried to keep the weapon balance down-to-earth; no yucky weapons like EMD and Napalm, and I made sure there wasn't too much of one item. I took visual appeal into consideration and avoided doing anything ugly to it. The lighting looks pretty good. It's got some hallways as well as some dogfighting rooms, a few energy centers, and maybe a hiding spot or two. I'm guessing it'll be suitable for anywhere between 2 and 12 players. Overall, it's nothing spectacular, but nothing terrible either... I hope. It's my second level and latest to date. Yes, it's been quite a while, but I hope to get back into level-making sooner or later.

Shows some of the various rooms and levels of elevation. Energy center behind the ship.

Peeking out into a dog-fighting room from within one of the tunnels/hallways. Opening's too small to fit a ship through, but big enough to shoot/chuck through. Can't camp there too long without someone else bumping into you, however.

The map.
KoolBear
DBB Co-Founder
DBB Co-Founder

Re: Dreamspace: a D3 anarchy level

Post by KoolBear »

Very nice looks like it's time to get D3 running again :)
Ryujin
DBB DemiGod
DBB DemiGod

Post by Ryujin »

KoolBear wrote:Very nice looks like it's time to get D3 running again :)
That's what I'm talkin' about!

TE, I will post this to DescentValhalla if you like.
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

I'd love it if you could put in some bots and enable it for Robo-Anarchy. There aren't enough levels for that in D3. The only times I was able to play it was on LAN with my brother in a couple of (early and bad) levels I had made.
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

On a side-note: Terminal Error: Are you the person who made Training\Testing Complex, the one with a large center room that had lava in the floor and custom weapons?
Terminal
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Terminal »

Ryujin wrote:
KoolBear wrote:Very nice looks like it's time to get D3 running again :)
That's what I'm talkin' about!

TE, I will post this to DescentValhalla if you like.
Go ahead, I'd appreciate it :]
Alter-Fox wrote:I'd love it if you could put in some bots and enable it for Robo-Anarchy. There aren't enough levels for that in D3. The only times I was able to play it was on LAN with my brother in a couple of (early and bad) levels I had made.
I could do that if there ever comes a time where I have nothing else to do, but that's rare.
d3jake wrote:On a side-note: Terminal Error: Are you the person who made Training\Testing Complex, the one with a large center room that had lava in the floor and custom weapons?
Nope. I'm wondering what made you ask :P
d3jake
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by d3jake »

Your name reminded me of that level for some reason.... I'd look up the level on PD, but the original went down several months ago :cry:
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Look at the DMDB?
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Ooooh, I like the design! Lots of verticality and some open rooms, perfect for a multiplayer level!
Terminal
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Terminal »

I have finally gotten back into playing D3 multiplayer (I had stopped for a year or so if you hadn't known) and I would love to play this map on multi. Any server hosters willing to host it? ;]