Descent Plus (1995)(Interplay)(Rev)

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

seeker3
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent Plus (1995)(Interplay)(Rev)

Post by seeker3 »

Can anyone tell me the difference between this release and the regular full Descent release?
seeker3
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Descent Plus (1995)(Interplay)(Rev)

Post by seeker3 »

Well from what I can see from the readme files of both discs the Plus version is v1.0,whereas the regular version that I bought from a local comp store is v1.5.All I can think of is that the plus version came out first,and that the one I bought is the "enhanced version" it talks about.It seems that whatever the differences are they are minor ones.If anyone knows of something I've missed,let me know.As far as my cd goes,I really lucked out there,the store had a bunch of old games in mint condition and I was able to buy Descent,Descent 3,Quake 2,Duke Nukem Atomic,and Forsaken for $20 bucks.All in the original boxes and/or jewel cases.Sadly they didn't have Descent 2,but still a pretty good deal:)
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

the 1.5 patch basically only effected a certain type of sound codex. I forget what it was exactly, but it wasn't super common. Most copies that you buy these days if they aren't 1.5 (I don't know what version GoG is selling) is 1.4a.

The trick is finding the patch that goes from 1.4a to 1.5. There is a patch that goes from 1.4 to 1.5 that is fairly easy to find.
seeker3
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by seeker3 »

Ok,just so everyone knows,I asked Interplay about this and they replied that this was NOT an official release.Just a copy of Descent somebody put in an archive and circulated.
akula65
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by akula65 »

seeker3, all of the Version 1.5 Descent CDs that I am aware of have missing music in the single player campaign after Level 7 (this is the problem that Duper is referring to). If you want to know the basis for the problem and a patch for it, check out this thread:

http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=14217

The documentation for the patch enumerates a number (but not all) of the versions and disk IDs for the original Descent.