Descent Mumble Server

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

A Future Pilot
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Descent Mumble Server

Post by A Future Pilot »

So I just created a new mumble server for Descent games...1, 2, or 3: mumble.ukgame.com (IP: 195.90.99.195), port: 51505. The password is "pyro-gx" (no quotation marks)

If anyone needs help setting up mumble, you can post back here or PM me or whatever

And just to clarify...this is NOT trying to be better than the Rangers, or replace them or anything like that!!!! This is simply a place where Descenters can get together and play a friendly game with no scoring or nothing...I personally love the Rangers and will continue to be active there, but this is for those of you who for whatever reason don't want to join the Rangers...or for the Rangers when they just wanna kick back and not worry about score, etc.

If anyone is active on any other Descent forums, let them know about this. Also, we're not gonna have any "official" rules...but in general be a good sport, don't cuss etc. Basically just act as if either your children or your parents were in the room with you lol!

Also I personally won't be on a whole lot...but whenever I'm on the computer I'll be idling and listening. So if someone gets on and is the first on, just listen, I'm sure someone will show up eventually lol!
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re: Descent Mumble Server

Post by Alter-Fox »

I'll go ahead and post this on the D2X-XL forums when I get home.
Would be cool to get some D2X-XL anarchy games going and this plus the new tracker will make it much easier to organize and play.

Do you mind if I just quote your post?
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
A Future Pilot
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by A Future Pilot »

Don't mind at all! Also any D3ers can use it too! :)
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

This is the best thing that happened in the entire Descent Beta testing community thanks AFP! :mrgreen: :E
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Swazook
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Swazook »

Great idea - Will probably have a lot less drama too! Good going AFP. You guys enjoy it.
Canuck
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Canuck »

I'll drop by and say Hi one day A Future Pilot! Pesky work is interfering with my Descent time recently.
@ Swazook - We don't have drama at the Rangers... we have a Council, play Descent, have a functioning website, and more than one person can log in to the server to help run the Rangers. We have over 40 active pilots and more joining every week. Too bad you decided to sit in the garden and eat worms by yourself... enjoy.
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Swazook wrote:Great idea - Will probably have a lot less drama too! Good going AFP. You guys enjoy it.
Feel free to join also Swazook, it's a lot of fun :) 0.57 has added a lot of nice new fixes as well, we all have had our ups and downs, but it's sometimes best to move on and accept what has taken place, even that some things went rather far from both sides. :)

@ Canuck
Hmmf it might be better to look at yourself first, before being a dobey on some someone else.

Peace and Don't Panic 8)
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

okay before this goes any further, you guys stay civil.
Swazook
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Swazook »

Canuck wrote: @ Swazook - We don't have drama at the Rangers... we have a Council, play Descent, have a functioning website, and more than one person can log in to the server to help run the Rangers. We have over 40 active pilots and more joining every week. Too bad you decided to sit in the garden and eat worms by yourself... enjoy.
Need to take a history lesson there, Randal. You were dead in the water for 3 years until I came along and rebuilt the site, set up a mumble server and built the fun you are having now when you came back 6 months later along with your socially inept commander. Drama Rangers are destined to do the same implosion - just a matter of time. And I for one couldn't be glader when it does.

Yum Yum worms....how's your drama stew?
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Well.. I was going to let this thread continue if people didn't try to start a flamewar, but I guess people don't listen very well.

take your little e-pissing contest elsewhere.