Holy man explains the rules...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Holy man explains the rules...

Post by Nightshade »

...of marriage and when it's ok to beat your wife:

If your wife refuses sex, you can smack her around a little. Seems it's ok under the religion of peace- just don't beat her ugly.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: Holy man explains the rules...

Post by callmeslick »

So, what one imam says holds true for the whole religion? You may wish to read up on the role of imams and the extent to which their interpretation of the Koran holds for all adherents. The short version: each congregation follows an imam who interprets the Koran for that congregation. Interpretations vary massively, are very often completely contradictory. In other words, the whole religion is built on a complete lack of hierarchy and theological purity.

At this point, I suppose I am wasting my breath on TB, who seems both obsessive and clueless in equal degrees.....
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I do like the top comment: "I would honor the ★■◆● out of that guy."
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

So, what one imam says holds true for the whole religion?
Well, it would be interesting how many 'holy men' in his religion think the same way.

It's probably a bit more than you're willing to admit- and its not because they just decided that day to change the rules. The 'prophet' muhammad wasn't a nice dude.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

"I would honor the **** out of that guy."
Now that's funny.

Just listening to that, the ridiculousness of the claim that this is to honor her is apparent. It is not an honor when you do not do something that harms a person. So when a husband does beat a wife, but not according to these restraints, does he merely dishonor or does he wrong her? I guess it must be considered an honor for someone who apparently is not considered to be a person. ★■◆●ing barbarians.

You know the Bible says that a husband rules over the wife, but while it speaks of the rod of correction for children, it never gives a man instruction or permission to do so with his wife. Stick that in the Islam==Judaism==Christianity pipe and smoke it.
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Bett, Do you think there is any possibility at all that the Bible God actually exists?
Bet51987
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Bet51987 »

flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I respect that.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:
"I would honor the **** out of that guy."
Now that's funny.

Just listening to that, the ridiculousness of the claim that this is to honor her is apparent. It is not an honor when you do not do something that harms a person. So when a husband does beat a wife, but not according to these restraints, does he merely dishonor or does he wrong her? I guess it must be considered an honor for someone who apparently is not considered to be a person. **** barbarians.
Hence the term "Honor Killing" as when a father kills a daughter for acting too western. Surprising how many in the local Muslim community support a father for the killing.

Edit: I'll throw this in just to show how fucked up some Muslim clerics are:

"Evil words in Islamic Republic: A senior Iranian cleric, who is known as President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's spiritual mentor, urged followers to continue suicide attacks against Israelis, including children."

" Ayatollah Mohammad Taghi Mesbah, considered one of the Islamic Republic's most radical clerics, issued a religious edict on his website whereby suicide attacks are not only legitimate but are a must for every Muslim, a special paper by the Middle East Media Research Institute shows."
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Holy man advice about solving your money problems!

Simple eh?