When is a Weiner a Weiner?

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

When is a Weiner a Weiner?

Post by woodchip »

When a Weiner sends pic of his wiener to girls who don't care. What a complete moron. I still have no idea why anyone, especially in high office, are compelled to do such a thing. Now lets see if he gives up his job of public trust or his apology is all we get.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: When is a Weiner a Weiner?

Post by null0010 »

Really?
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

It's almost as if, with that name, he were destined for such behavior.......this could be Tiger Woods-esque in the outflow of what the good Congressman was up to online, I suspect.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

yeah, could be a real tsunami of Weiner. Waves and waves of them.

I'm surprised it's taken this long to get posted. Ace, Breitbart and others have been all over this for days.
"I've long called these people Religious Maniacs because, of course, they are. I always point out that you don't need a god to be religious maniac; you just need a dogma and a Devil." - Ace @ Ace of SpadesHQ, 13 May 2015, 1900 hr
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Jon Stewart had me rolling with his one piece on it last week (this clip has a bit of it). Apparently he actually knew the guy from a long while back and even stayed at his beach house a few times, so he was saying things like, "Trust me...that's too big to be his." Apparently he didn't take that cold Atlantic-induced shrinkage into account as much as he should have. :D
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

When is a Weiner a Weiner? when the Weiner posts his Weiner on Twitter. it looks like a short article anyways :P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

OMG, Ed Schultz and I (mostly) agree on something.
(Ed thinks he should run again later, a suggestion that I think is just too funny for words).

Maybe there really IS something to all the recent "end of the world" talk.

edit -
Obligatory headline
"I've long called these people Religious Maniacs because, of course, they are. I always point out that you don't need a god to be religious maniac; you just need a dogma and a Devil." - Ace @ Ace of SpadesHQ, 13 May 2015, 1900 hr
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Ed thinks he should run again later, a suggestion that I think is just too funny for words
It maybe funny, but Ed is right that he could win. Our society either too easily forgives or just doesn't remember. Hell, I bet we've not seen the end of John Edwards in poltitics.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Gooberman wrote:
Ed thinks he should run again later, a suggestion that I think is just too funny for words
It maybe funny, but Ed is right that he could win. Our society either too easily forgives or just doesn't remember. Hell, I bet we've not seen the end of John Edwards in poltitics.
Well, Republican Senator David Vitter sought out and paid for high priced prostitutes while in office, technically ILLEGAL, got caught doing it, DID NOT RESIGN, DID NOT GET INDICTED, and STILL got re-elected! Maybe Weiner has a small chance in hell of getting re-elected too! And Rep. Eric Cantor should just shut his hypocrite trap in this matter, since he has NEVER called for the resignation of the several recent Republican sex maniacs that surfaced during his tenure!
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

how did Eric Cantor get into this conversations :shock:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Seems Spirit Airlines knows the value of a good Weiner:

"Spirit Airlines has begun running an ad on its website promoting “The Weiner Sale”, asking “Have you seen our weiner?” and offering “fares too hard to resist”
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

They would have to point the finger at themselves then, and that's not gonna happen.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

CUDA wrote:how did Eric Cantor get into this conversations :shock:
Both Eric Cantor and especially Republican Chairman Reince Priebus, have been all over the media calling for Weiner (gawd that's hard to say with a straight face :mrgreen: ) to resign. If they can't call for the resignations of their own philandering schmucks and clean up their own party's house of misdeeds, they need to shut the @#%& up about what the Dems should do. They're rank hypocrites.

Greta Susteren on FOX News put the question to Priebus, should the Republicans be asking for Vitter's resignation in the wake of the Weiner scandal and he dodged the question completely. Couldn't come up with a plausible response on friendly ground even. He did the same thing on several other interviews too. Although I think Weiner should resign, I don't think he should unless Vitter goes as well. Clean both parties houses to be fair. What makes Vitter's sin worse is that he's always touting his family values while doing the opposite in private life, with hookers no less. At least Weiner hasn't run any campaign on that platform, so you can't say he inconsistent with his values. He's just a weird little man who needs to fix his impulses and marriage right now.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

tunnelcat wrote:
CUDA wrote:how did Eric Cantor get into this conversations :shock:
Both Eric Cantor and especially Republican Chairman Reince Priebus, have been all over the media calling for Weiner (gawd that's hard to say with a straight face :mrgreen: ) to resign. If they can't call for the resignations of their own philandering schmucks and clean up their own party's house of misdeeds, they need to shut the @#%& up about what the Dems should do. They're rank hypocrites.
Funny I seem to remember one Nancy Pelosi commenting on how they were going to drain the swamp of corruption, *cough* Barney Frank *cough* there's Hypocrisy on both side, including by you TC for totally ignoring it from the DNC

― Theodore Roosevelt
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

I agree. We'll see if they hold to that promise, unlike what the Republicans have so far with Vitter, who actually did something illegal when he solicited a prostitute. Actually MANY prostitutes! Besides, I think Weiner is going to be out soon judging from the all the hoopla.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

And unlike what they did with Democrat Charlie Wrangle who also did illegal things.
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

This article sums up my thoughts nicely.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

woodchip wrote:And unlike what they did with Democrat Charlie Wrangle who also did illegal things.
Yeah, I thought he should have definitely been ousted, not just censured. Depressing.

I'm kind of torn with what Weiner should do. He did nothing illegal and was a passionate firebrand for his base in the House, but he violated House Ethics Rules and put a stain on all Democrats, so I think he should go. If he had time and the lack of impulse control and judgment to send vulgar sexual pictures of himself to all sorts of women he didn't know, he wasn't spending the effort to do the job he was elected for. :cry:
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Top Gun wrote:Can we just collectively agree that both major parties have some serious scumbags in office that should have been out on their asses months ago?
YEARS AGO

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Top Gun wrote:Can we just collectively agree that both major parties have some serious scumbags in office that should have been out on their asses months ago?

always have, always will. Our history is full of examples back to very start of the nation.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Can we just collectively agree that both major parties have some serious scumbags in office that should have been out on their asses months ago?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

:shock: lets do the time warp again, lets do the time warp again. :mrgreen:

― Theodore Roosevelt
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

Theres bes a weirding goings on heres.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

It now seems Nancy wants to forgive the guy. Wind must of changed from port to starboard.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Ooooooooooooooh, the old rehab and treatment fallback! Can you cure narcissism and exhibitionism? He'll be out faster than you can say "go away"!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket ... -to-resign

Pelosi has reversed course and called for his resignation. Now she gets a backbone when it seems an underage girl might be involved. :roll:
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:It now seems Nancy wants to forgive the guy. Wind must of changed from port to starboard.
odd, the quote I read from her stated, rather clearly, that he should work on his personal issues "without the contraints of serving in the Congress". I read that as her wishing him to quit........
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:It now seems Nancy wants to forgive the guy. Wind must of changed from port to starboard.
odd, the quote I read from her stated, rather clearly, that he should work on his personal issues "without the contraints of serving in the Congress". I read that as her wishing him to quit........
either that or she going to give him the leave of absence that he's requesting to get counciling.
hopefully it's the prior

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

What all is this man accused of? I haven't followed it much except he sent some pictures of his weiner to some gal who was pressured by her friend to make it public. Had any unknown person done this it would have meant nothing. Does it make him unfit just because he is a man with like passions as the rest if us?
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

I think the fact that he's a public official, and that he attempted to coverup his misdeeds, and used other people to try to aid in the coverup are all factors in his scumbaggery. Read the linked info earlier in the thread. This isn't about some guy just having an urge. He ACTED on it, with numerous relative strangers, then lied publicly about his activity. Hell yeah, Janeane, this is just the guy we need for mayor of New York City.

edit -
"High school with money"

Does any of this rise to "criminal behavior"? Well, is being a criminal the only thing that might preclude you from consideration for public office? How about fantastically bad judgement, and the knee-jerk willingness to fly into a labyrinth of lies in the attempt to cover it up. Is there no one else in New York's 9th district willing and able to represent this constituency?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

That's the kicker for me. If you're elected to national office, you should be held to a higher standard than the rest of the poor schlubs out there; you were granted a great responsibility by them, and you should uphold that in turn. I'm not even talking about what may have happened years before taking office: if you were a bit of a booze-hound or "did not inhale" back in college, who cares, that doesn't affect me. But when you're in that office, you sure as hell had better conduct your personal life like a saint. You owe that both to the people you represent and the honor of the office you hold.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Heh, you can't demand higher standards of someone else before you meet them yourself. It's the main reason I hear Welch and the other elitists basically calling all of us a bunch of morons and why shouldn't they just say piss off. Everyone hates somebody that mails a picture of his penis to somebody and yet turns a blind eye to those that would enslave them as if IT IS their birthright to do so.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:Heh, you can't demand higher standards of someone else before you meet them yourself.
Would you like to explain to me why not? What does meeting a person have to do with expecting them to act in a certain manner?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Because if your not meeting the standards that you require of me, your opinion starts to mean very little to me. Just how it is.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

But I'm not someone holding a high office...I'm just one of those poor schlubs. If I screw up and make an ass of myself, it won't really impact anyone other than those who know me personally (unless I make an ass of myself in some spectacular manner that makes the national news). If someone holding national office makes an ass of themselves through their own actions, as Weiner did, it reflects poorly not only on themselves, but on the office that they hold. We should expect our elected officials to hold themselves to higher standards than the rest of us, because that's presumably part of why we elected them.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

That turns the tables against us though. How can we demand integrity of them and then not demand it from ourselves? It doesn't work that way. No, the only way to keep our representatives from degenerating is to ensure that we ourselves don't. Hell I'm not so sure half of their conversations is how to neuter us so that we don't keep breeding. That's a direct result of our becoming morally bankrupt, and to think that that will not affect us from the bottom to the top is short-sighted as hell. We set the standards that they must adhere to.
dissent
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by dissent »

I kind of get what you're driving at Flip. However, your representatives are always going to be drawn from the population of schlubs in your district. There's always going to be a distribution between high and low integrity in that population of schlubs. It's nice to HOPE that we could all have better personal qualities, but I wouldn't ever expect that we all WOULD have better personal qualities. Occasionally, individuals who talk a good game can get themselves elected, only to have themselves revealed under the glare of the public spotlight. The next election is our chance to correct those errors.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I agree with flip…we get the government we deserve.

The lady talk show host here in Philly was saying…A Weiner was having a very hard time…and we should embrace him, not shun him.

Lol…embrace the weiner.

Maybe she was just playing stupid for the callers.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I just wish we could get rid of this leadership mentality that wants others to carry us, and become leaders ourselves. What kind of message does it say to the person you elect to tell him you want him to be responsible and self-sacrifice, so that you don't have to. Right at that juncture you make that person feel more superior to you when he should be made to feel accountable.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

flip wrote:I just wish we could get rid of this leadership mentality that wants others to carry us, and become leaders ourselves. What kind of message does it say to the person you elect to tell him you want him to be responsible and self-sacrifice, so that you don't have to. Right at that juncture you make that person feel more superior to you when he should be made to feel accountable.
Who exactly is saying that, though? And how does holding our leadership to a certain high standard affect how we choose to carry ourselves?

Honestly, I didn't think it was such a revolutionary idea to not want our elected officials to be receiving blow-jobs in the Oval Office or having tickle parties with staff members or visiting prostitutes or sending junk-shots to underage girls. That doesn't seem like such a radical request.