Flash mobs and a disturbing trend...

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Flash mobs and a disturbing trend...

Post by Nightshade »

They create situations where people are attacked, beaten and robbed in broad daylight with little or no police intervention.

http://blogs.the-american-interest.com/ ... tinderbox/
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Re: Flash mobs and a disturbing trend...

Post by CUDA »

not to mention they are just dumb.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

I'd love to be there. Flash rob or flash mob, I'd make it difficult for them. I remember an article awhile back about the FBI taking an increasing interest in flash-mob activity, but perhaps they're most concerned with politically motivated flash-mobery...
CDN_Merlin
DBB_Master
DBB_Master

Post by CDN_Merlin »

It's a disturbing trend and with the ever popular "swarmings" we have had in the last decade here in Ottawa it's becoming normal to carry something that you can defend yourself with. Don't show off your iphone etc or you risk the change of being attacked.
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 2x32 6000 DDR5, Asus PRIME B760-PLUS S1700 ATX, Corsair RM1000x 1000 Watt PS 80 Plus Gold,WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD, WD Blue SN580 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, Noctua NH-D15S Universal CPU Cooler, Intel Core i7-14700K 5.6GHz, Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX, Asus GF RTX 4070 Ti Super ProArt OC 16GB Video, WD Black 6TB 7200RPM 256MB 3.5" SATA3, Windows 11
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

And the "riots" in London (and surrounding communities):

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... t-yob.html

No real 'rage' is involved I think. It's merely an opportunity to steal.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Mace is like flash missles :P lol
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

I noticed after a third night of mob taking over the town and burning and looting the Brits are threatening to pull out the water canons and hinted at the use of rubber bullets. Oh Dear!
235 years later and they still don't understand how to deal with an uprising!

I could pick at random about three or four southern boys living around here who could stop by to pick up up their cousins on the way out of town then head over there and put that mob to rest in an evening!
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

CDN_Merlin wrote:It's a disturbing trend and with the ever popular "swarmings" we have had in the last decade here in Ottawa it's becoming normal to carry something that you can defend yourself with. Don't show off your iphone etc or you risk the change of being attacked.
I think I would be rigging up some bling bling items with the guts from tasers and having a lot of fun during my lunch breaks in a place like that!
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

And this is shocking?
'Liberal dogma spawned generation of amoral, uneducated, welfare dependent, brutalised youngsters'...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... ouths.html

America's future...(and present, actually.)
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Well, when you have a bunch of unemployed, bored, young males floating around, what does everyone expect is going to happen? Nothing like having a good, stable job to keep them occupied and out of trouble. And, I'm talking GOOD paying jobs that make them feel like their doing something with their lives, not some dead end McService jobs. Worse, most of these men are probably immigrants or children of immigrants that pre-austerity corporate demand brought in to fill some jobs that are either slave wage crap now or are now long gone. That's not liberal dogma, it's conservative greed and waste.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I wish all you people would just shut up and go make some of these “good” jobs.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Revolution will create some good jobs. :P
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Yeah but they all vote Democratic TB, ;)
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

tunnelcat wrote: Worse, most of these men are probably immigrants or children of immigrants that pre-austerity corporate demand brought in to fill some jobs that are either slave wage crap now or are now long gone. That's not liberal dogma, it's conservative greed and waste.
You shouldn't talk about illegal Mexican immigrants that way TC. :P
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

ThunderBunny wrote:And this is shocking?
'Liberal dogma spawned generation of amoral, uneducated, welfare dependent, brutalised youngsters'...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/artic ... ouths.html

America's future...(and present, actually.)
lulz, the Daily Mail
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

tunnelcat wrote:Well, when you have a bunch of unemployed, bored, young males floating around, what does everyone expect is going to happen?
I would expect them to behave like gentlemen. Employ themselves looking for a job if they don't want to be unemployed, or find something creative to do if they're bored. If this sounds ridiculous then you obviously don't have enough adjectives in front of "males", or perhaps just the wrong ones.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I wish all you people would just shut up and go make some of these “good” jobs.
Hell yeah I agree. I put in a lot of long hard hours learning my trade and just when I get to the point of mastery and some age on top of that, I get the carpet pulled out from under me. I have hope that at worse after this next election cycle this ungodly amount of money in print actually makes it into circulation.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:
tunnelcat wrote:Well, when you have a bunch of unemployed, bored, young males floating around, what does everyone expect is going to happen?
I would expect them to behave like gentlemen. Employ themselves looking for a job if they don't want to be unemployed, or find something creative to do if they're bored. If this sounds ridiculous then you obviously don't have enough adjectives in front of "males", or perhaps just the wrong ones.
When people lose everything, they have nothing to lose. But besides that reason, (or it may even be related) what drives well off, usually young males, that come from wealthy families who obviously have everything they can afford, to go out at night and spray graffiti or do vandalism on others property? I've never understood that mindset. The poor ones, yes, the rich ones, no. :?:

As for dissing Mexican immigrants that might riot when things go sour here, that may or may not happen woodchip, although Latino gangs are on the rise here. Mexican immigrants might at least have an easier time of going back to their home country than some poor immigrant Somali if jobs keep evaporating in the U.S. They would just walk back across the border. It might even end up being better economically there than here. A lot of OUR jobs went THERE after all. It's not that they have to take an airplane or ship to get home, like people would in Britain.
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

I hear you can swim the English channel… :twisted:
Isaac
DBB Artist
DBB Artist

Post by Isaac »

❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉
-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-★ ·:*¨༺꧁༺ :E ༻꧂༻¨*:·.★-⎽__⎽-⎻⎺⎺⎻-⎽__⎽--⎻⎺⎺⎻-
❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉⊱•═•⊰❉