Let Them Die!

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Let Them Die!

Post by Tunnelcat »

Do tea partiers and conservatives in general have NO humanity? I will give Ron Paul a pass however, he obviously has some compassion in his soul, but those in the audience are downright sick!

Let the uninsured die!
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Let Them Die!

Post by Top Gun »

I wonder if those people would be cheering that loudly if they woke up tomorrow and found their insurance policies revoked. I mean, turn-about is fair play, right? :D
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

This reminds me of an argument I had years ago about senior citizens. It was the same ole same ole. Their too old to drive, so take their license. They are a burden to check up on, put them in a home. I asked those dumbasses if they realized that unless they die prematurely, they themselves WILL be one of those senior citizens one day and how they decide to treat seniors today, is setting the precedent for how YOU will be treated when you become old. Nope, idiots had not even considered that until someone said it. I think that argument applies here as well. We all have a definite possibility to get sick. I would respect these people that cheered out in only one case, If they themselves would sign right now that if they get a terminal disease they will not seek medical treatment at all.

This is not a tea party-conservative problem TC. It's all of us, me included.
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Yeah, when I first heard the audience's reaction, on the radio no less, it took me back a little. Ron Paul at least sounded human. What's wrong with some of the people of this nation? Are people so greedy, self-centered and conceited now that they don't care if others die, all because they can't afford health care? God have mercy on our souls.

flip, this IS mostly a tea party and conservative problem. Ask the same question to a bunch of liberals and you'll get a far different response. It's all about everyone's money and who takes it for what purpose.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Honestly TC, I'm gonna be subjective here and consent to the fact I don't know everything. I can say that in all my years, I've only heard one person say that the sick should go ahead and die and he was a bitter SOB. I will say i think this, especially after watching Hells Kitchen and Survivor, that given the instance that there is 2 dieing people and only one can be treated, the majority, liberal-conservative alike will do anything to make sure it is 'themselves' that get treated. Only way to really know how someone feels is to put them in that situation, until then no one really knows.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

One big problem is too many people are eager to accept the premise of that loaded question.

My answer would have been:

" Why do you imply the response to that scenario as having to be from two extremes that are mutually exclusive of each other? Are you the George Bush of Health Care? Is the only way you will consider a solution if it meets a political 'You're either with us or against us' test?

How do you think we will ever come together to find a viable alternative to the current mess if you insist on sticking to the script written for the bad actors who put us here?

Can I have another question from a different moderator please, this one is done, he's not looking for answers..."
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

tunnelcat wrote:. What's wrong with some of the people of this nation? Are people so greedy, self-centered and conceited now that they don't care if others die, all because they can't afford health care?
yes, they are.
God have mercy on our souls.
I suspect God has a good laugh that some of these same people consider themselves to even have a soul.
flip, this IS mostly a tea party and conservative problem. Ask the same question to a bunch of liberals and you'll get a far different response. It's all about everyone's money and who takes it for what purpose.
why all the hating on the poor Tea Baggers? I mean, this is the voice of the People, right? Freaking pathetic excuses for human beings.....
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

It's always those gotcha questions right Will? Like "what newspapers do you read" or "why are you here?" Seemed pretty straight forward to me. Is a person without insurance supposed to be shown the door to medical care? Ron Paul answered it like a politician, the audience answered it like Republicans. Same as last week during the death penalty question towards Rick Perry. Downright disgusting.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

flip wrote:Honestly TC, I'm gonna be subjective here and consent to the fact I don't know everything. I can say that in all my years, I've only heard one person say that the sick should go ahead and die and he was a bitter SOB. I will say i think this, especially after watching Hells Kitchen and Survivor, that given the instance that there is 2 dieing people and only one can be treated, the majority, liberal-conservative alike will do anything to make sure it is 'themselves' that get treated. Only way to really know how someone feels is to put them in that situation, until then no one really knows.
There were quite a few people in that audience that yelled in the affirmative, so there must be more than a few SOB's out there in the good ol' U.S.A. The only reason I picked on the tea party or conservatives with this one is that they're more likely to want to cut social funding than most liberals, and that IS part of their political mindset.

I have a good test of compassion flip. Watch the movie Sicko sometime, even if it is a liberal propaganda piece. Fast forward to the one scene where an elderly homeless woman is "discharged" from the county hospital, given a cab ride to the nearest homeless shelter and dumped off on the sidewalk wearing nothing but her hospital gown. You get to watch her wander around bewildered until someone from the shelter comes out to help her. Why was she kicked out? Because her health insurance benefits ran out. The owner of the shelter said this was a common occurrence, even though it's illegal. He also commented that he didn't have the funds to keep up with the influx. So after watching that particular scene, if one truly had any human compassion, they should have tears in their eyes.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Let's go stand in front of that hospital and raise hell till they listen! I havce noticed, a VERY VOCAL and intelligent assault tends to wear others thin to the point of submission.
And he told them a parable, to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. 2 He said, "In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor regarded man; 3 and there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, `Vindicate me against my adversary.' 4 For a while he refused; but afterward he said to himself, `Though I neither fear God nor regard man, 5 yet because this widow bothers me, I will vindicate her, or she will wear me out by her continual coming.'" 6 And the Lord said, "Hear what the unrighteous judge says. 7 And will not God vindicate his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? 8 I tell you, he will vindicate them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of man comes, will he find faith on earth?"
I realized this was true from my crazy ass ex :P I've seen the police run her ass off just to not have to deal with her anymore. LOL
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

flip wrote:Let's go stand in front of that hospital and raise hell till they listen! I havce noticed, a VERY VOCAL and intelligent assault tends to wear others thin to the point of submission.
Well, either you have compassion, or you're a sociopath. That particular movie scene is a real good test to see if a person even has a modicum of compassion. :P
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

Heh yep.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Another goodie. What the heck is wrong with these people.

Even better, cheer that same executioner who may have been responsible for the death of an innocent man.

http://gawker.com/5827428/rick-perrys-k ... ical-asset

All from the party of life. :P
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

Really TC didn't you post to the effect of the same thing not to long ago about where we as a society, Wait it was We as a collective should decide how much we should pay to keep a person alive? Isn't that another way to let them die?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Heretic wrote:Wait it was We as a collective should decide how much we should pay to keep a person alive?
Obama Care????? :wink: :P :P :P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

You 2 comedians better pray that you don't get sick with something expensive or terminal and then go broke just trying to survive. You may think you're covered, but.............you never know. :wink:

Quit rubbing Obamacare in my face CUDA. I haven't agreed with it from the start and I've never cheer-leaded for it here. It's just another corporate welfare solution that doesn't fix the cost problem.

And you're missing the point of the post. It was the audience's in-compassionate reactions that I was commenting about, not the what the debate members responses ultimately were.

But a timely local doctor's letter in our paper today really nailed what the problem is with the people in the country.

It's the YOYO's fault!
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I'll say I have issues with Perry and his view on the Death Penalty. Death should be the ultimate price someone pays for their crimes and there should not be one iota of doubt before the sentence is carried out. Now there's a story that an innocent man was put to death and the investigation buried, all under Perry's watch. I think this guy would do or say anything to get elected, as long as he can make the crowd cheer and giggle. You should only run your campaign on the Death Penalty if you live in Texas.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I watched this debate on youtube and it was pretty painful. The Republican problem is that their base is fundamentally hypocritical. They really want entitlement programs for them. Watching Rick Perry walk back his stance on social security was so disappointing.

I would vote for an actual conservative in a heart-beat to get us out of this financial mess. But the only person on that stage that isn’t a clown was Ron Paul…..and he will never win the nomination.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Fortunately Goob, all those "clowns" are still far more qualified to lead this country than the clown sitting in the White House.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I've thought about this. If voting for Ron Paul would be a wasted vote or how it would swing the election. Lol, all things considered, I'm voting for him just to give that bastard some encouragement. My conscience demands I take an individual stand here and we all know those bastards love statistics.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

Fortunately Goob, all those "clowns" are still far more qualified to lead this country than the clown sitting in the White House
The Republican party candidates are all social conservatives. Those are issues that I don't think its possible for me to ever be persuaded by. However this country really needs someone who will try and get our finances in check. And no one up there demonstrated the principled values to make me think they might actually try and do it (again, except Ron Paul).
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Holy crap! Is there some kind of disease spreading around our country that causes people to lose all their compassion?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Alzheimers ... d=14526660

What ever happened to the "Till death do us part" section of the marriage vows? This idiocy coming from a popular (unfortunately) "Christian" leader. Maybe he's the one who has Alzheimer's. :roll:
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

tunnelcat wrote:Holy crap! Is there some kind of disease spreading around our country that causes people to lose all their compassion?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Alzheimers ... d=14526660

What ever happened to the "Till death do us part" section of the marriage vows? This idiocy coming from a popular (unfortunately) "Christian" leader. Maybe he's the one who has Alzheimer's. :roll:
Robertson is wrong, that is not what the Bible teaches.
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

I wish Pat Robertson would lose his voice.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

CUDA wrote:Robertson is wrong, that is not what the Bible teaches.
You know that and even I know that, but how many of his "followers" know that? Cripes! Ol' Pat is supposed to be teaching from the Bible.

Yes flip, Robertson really needs to just fade away.