"post-intentional racism"

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

"post-intentional racism"

Post by Will Robinson »

Just how pathetic can they get?
Post-intentional racism?!?

Now the left has created the perfect race card.
"Post-intentional"...you are white and racism is inherent to being white therefore anything you think about a black person is a racist motivated thought.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: "post-intentional racism"

Post by woodchip »

Will Robinson wrote:Just how pathetic can they get?
Post-intentional racism?!?

"Post-intentional"...you are white and racism is inherent to being white therefore anything you think about a black person is a racist motivated thought.
I wonder what Clarence Thomas, Condolezza Rice and Colin Powell think about white democrats
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

Will Robinson wrote:Just how pathetic can they get?
do you really need to ask????
there is another form of post intentional

...you are Liberal and Stupidity is inherent to being Liberal therefore anything you think about a Conservative person is a thought motivated by Stupidity. :roll:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
null0010
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by null0010 »

Sounds absolutely ridiculous. "Break" is an extremely old word, coming from Old English before 900 AD.
Fear is the engine that destroys freedom.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Ed Schultz, like Olberman before him, just goes off the deep end sometimes. Loony is loony, whether it be from the right or left, and this is loony. That said, both ends of the political spectrum have their loons. Glenn Beck, anyone? :wink:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Post by Ferno »

wow. that guy is just a troll for saying something so ridiculous. lol.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I've seen some people talk about topics like institutional racism, but I think this guy took some happy pills with breakfast.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I'm going to be curious to see if Herman Cain gets the nomination, how the Democrats will attack him. With Obama you were a racist if you criticized him during his campaign. Any bets this won't be the case with Cain?
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

woodchip wrote:I'm going to be curious to see if Herman Cain gets the nomination, how the Democrats will attack him. With Obama you were a racist if you criticized him during his campaign. Any bets this won't be the case with Cain?
of course not

Chapter 4:
Paragraph 3:
Sub paragraph 5

Of the DNC handbook. reads: Your only a racist if your a Republican, And as a Democrat you MUST use the race card if your numbers start to slip in the polls, or you feel that your losing a discussion, or it's an election cycle.

:P
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

woodchip wrote:I'm going to be curious to see if Herman Cain gets the nomination, how the Democrats will attack him. With Obama you were a racist if you criticized him during his campaign. Any bets this won't be the case with Cain?
or how about this.
St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCullough and St. Louis Circuit attorney Jennifer Joyce joined a high-profile group of law enforcement officials (including Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer) threatening to invoke “Missouri ethics laws” against anyone the prosecutors determined had spread misleading information about Obama.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

no, but the black people I work with find Cain very insulting. In fact, theirs are the only strong negative opinions I've heard about him.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:

no, but the black people I work with find Cain very insulting. In fact, theirs are the only strong negative opinions I've heard about him.
I understand the same kind of black folks had negative opinions about Bill Cosby also. I suspect any black conservative who spouts anti-liberal statements will be frowned upon. Obama was idolized simply because he was firmly planted on the Democratic plantation even tho he did nothing really significant to show he had no leadership ability. This fact is now coming home to roost as presented in this WSJ article:

"A longtime supporter of the Democratic Party, Mr. Zuckerman wrote in these pages two months ago that the entire business community was "pleading for some kind of adult supervision" in Washington and "desperate for strong leadership." Writing soon after the historic downgrade of U.S. Treasury debt by Standard & Poor's, he wrote, "I long for a triple-A president to run a triple-A country."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 17268.html

Sadly even members of the Democratic Party are realizing what a clueless individual Obama is.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:

I'd love to see those people asked some hard questions about exactly why/how he insults them and challenge the reasons given if they are not solid and specific. My gut tells me their reasons will contain little policy and lots of racial based not down for the struggle and things like he doesn't know what it's like to be black.

As far as I can see the mans resume is pretty solid as an executive and he is a good example of the self made man etc. He's going to have a long list of hyperbolic comments he has made in his career as a radio talk guy but those challenges can be seen as opportunities to keep himself on the front page if he doesn't crash and burn with his defense.
Zuruck
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Zuruck »

It will never be Cain...at least not if your party wants to win. The guy seems pretty likeable and he steals ideas from Sim City so he's cool in my book, but face the music, Republicans rely on a huge amount of white america for their vote and those people aren't going to want to vote for a black guy. But I don't know, he's just as good as the other 145 GOP candidates so maybe he will get nominated. At least it's not Sarah Palin woodchip...did you cry for a week straight when she announced she wasn't running? Did you have to throw away all your posters and buttons?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Zuruck wrote:It will never be Cain...at least not if your party wants to win. The guy seems pretty likeable and he steals ideas from Sim City so he's cool in my book, but face the music, Republicans rely on a huge amount of white america for their vote and those people aren't going to want to vote for a black guy. But I don't know, he's just as good as the other 145 GOP candidates so maybe he will get nominated. At least it's not Sarah Palin woodchip...did you cry for a week straight when she announced she wasn't running? Did you have to throw away all your posters and buttons?
Do you really believe a majority of repub's are racists?
Do you know how many dem voters are racists but voted for Obama because when it comes to voting they are programmed to support their team...a lesser of two evils? (unless you really think only repubs are racially motivated)
Do you know how many republicans voted for a black guy by default because they stayed home on election day rather than vote for McCain?
Do you know how many, in the aftermath of the dem's black guy screwing the pooch, would love to see a repub version of a black president go in and do it up right?
There are a lot of reasons why a black repub could get the nod besides the fact that he has the right ideas.

The number one reason, by far, that anyone has a desire to see Obama lose is because of what he does not because he does it with black skin!
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:I understand the same kind of black folks had negative opinions about Bill Cosby also.
not my co-workers. They were very supportive of Cosby's remarks, especially via parental responsibilty.
The issue with Cain is(apparently, I am not going to pretend to walk in their shoes) that some of his remarks seem to deny certain societal barriers which still exist.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:There are a lot of reasons why a black repub could get the nod besides the fact that he has the right ideas.

The number one reason, by far, that anyone has a desire to see Obama lose is because of what he does not because he does it with black skin!

well, Will, we both live in PA. I don't know about you, but I've done a LOT of phone surveying and canvassing in Central PA, and I'll tell you right now that VERY, VERY FEW Republicans, or independents
in Lancaster, Berks, Dauphin, Lebanon, Carbon, Schuyllkill, Union or Clinton counties will EVER vote for a black man. I was told so, point blank in the last election and suspect that little has changed. They will seek out a third party or stay home if he is the nominee(I strongly believe that the GOP establishment will force him to be relegated to a possible VP candidate on the Romney ticket, if they have maintained any control over their own party).
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:
Will Robinson wrote:There are a lot of reasons why a black repub could get the nod besides the fact that he has the right ideas.

well, Will, we both live in PA. I don't know about you, but I've done a LOT of phone surveying and canvassing in Central PA, and I'll tell you right now that VERY, VERY FEW Republicans, or independents
in Lancaster, Berks, Dauphin, Lebanon, Carbon, Schuyllkill, Union or Clinton counties will EVER vote for a black man. I was told so, point blank in the last election and suspect that little has changed. They will seek out a third party or stay home if he is the nominee(I strongly believe that the GOP establishment will force him to be relegated to
a possible VP candidate on the Romney ticket, if they have maintained any control over
their own party).
I'm not in PA I am in South Carolina where all the alleged racists are and yet people
here don't share that bigoted opinion, lots of Cain bumper stickers etc starting to pop up
here.

As to your polling, in the last election the 'black man' choice was a democrat so its easy
for the bigots to vent but the dynamic changes slightly if the black guy is on their own
team...even for those Yankee racsists up there.
And what happened to your previous contention that the Party has little control those times I blamed the Parties using power to spoil the system?!? How do they dictate to Cain he must ride in the back of the bus if they have no control. You need to be consistent here...

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Will Robinson wrote:I'm not in PA I am in South Carolina where all the alleged racists are and yet people
here don't share that bigoted opinion, lots of Cain bumper stickers etc starting to pop up
here.
sorry, got you confused with Spidey, as to locale. Your point illustrates something I've long felt, having lived and having ties to both North and South. The most insidious racism today is in the North. People talk a good game, but practice bigotry. What I see in Virginia is far more tolerance.
And what happened to your previous contention that the Party has little control those times I blamed the Parties using power to spoil the system?!? How do they dictate to Cain he must ride in the back of the bus if they have no control. You need to be consistent here...
I still hold the position, and I was talking largely about the Dem central party types, but still true about the GOP. I do see the old guard trying to get everyone in line. Time will tell if they succeed. It just seems as if the right wing(extreme right) is so fractured as to leave an opening for Romney(and hence, the establishment) to re-exert control.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:I understand the same kind of black folks had negative opinions about Bill Cosby also.
not my co-workers. They were very supportive of Cosby's remarks, especially via parental responsibilty.
The issue with Cain is(apparently, I am not going to pretend to walk in their shoes) that some of his remarks seem to deny certain societal barriers which still exist.
Perhaps those "societal barriers" are only in the minds of those who want to detract from Cain. After all those self same barriers don't seem to have stopped Cain from succeeding in life. If you want an excuse as to why you cannot succeed, then I guess the societal barrier excuse is as good as any.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

Zuruck wrote: At least it's not Sarah Palin woodchip...did you cry for a week straight when she announced she wasn't running? Did you have to throw away all your posters and buttons?
Are you trying to be a lackwit? If so you are succeeding.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

I'm going to be curious to see if Herman Cain gets the nomination, how the Democrats will attack him.
I just can't see any of them actually getting the nomination.
Gooberman
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Gooberman »

woodchip wrote: Are you trying to be a lackwit? If so you are succeeding.
But it had to at least tarnish her image in your eyes to some degree. The woman rode her bus to all of the battle states, gave speeches about her plans for the country, kept increasing revenew for "SarahPac"...then nothing.
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

Zuruck wrote:... face the music, Republicans rely on a huge amount of white america for their vote and those people aren't going to want to vote for a black guy.
I've seen a lot of people with good sense who are down-to-earth and just want to raise a family and keep what they work for, who I'm sure would vote for a black president in a heart-beat if he only stood for the same principles. As would I.

Racism has evolved, imo, since the time of segregated schools. Anymore it seems to me that it survives as a reactionary movement to the insanity of the liberals perceived to be spear-heading a brave new world where not being a racist includes embracing some really stupid ideas and completely ignoring the fact that there are large segments of every culture (our own more readily missed/ignored due to familiarity) that are in some really anti-social ruts.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Gooberman wrote:
I'm going to be curious to see if Herman Cain gets the nomination, how the Democrats will attack him.
I just can't see any of them actually getting the nomination.

somebody has to......I'm guessing that they don't cross-nominate Obama and have done with it. :wink:
George Orwell---"1984"
Heretic
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral
Location: Why no Krom I didn't know you can have 100 characters in this box.

Post by Heretic »

callmeslick wrote:not my co-workers. They were very supportive of Cosby's remarks, especially via parental responsibilty.
Did you not lead every one here to believe that you were independently wealthy? Instead of having co workers shouldn't you have employees? With all you jet setting talk I would have thought you would have a business or 2 employing a few hundred people. Now you are just a lowly co-worker. TSK TSK.

A lot of people had problems with these people also called all kids of names.

Will just because a person doesn't vote, doesn't mean they vote for the other guy. I MHO the one who doesn't vote should complian more because of what we voters did.
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by flip »

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/201 ... tial-race/

Goodbye Obama :P

Oops NM. He just recently stated he would not. Too bad, I think he had a good chance this go around. Better than Christie did.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Heretic wrote:Did you not lead every one here to believe that you were independently wealthy? Instead of having co workers shouldn't you have employees? With all you jet setting talk I would have thought you would have a business or 2 employing a few hundred people. Now you are just a lowly co-worker. TSK TSK.
I am, and have been for my whole adult life, a clinical chemistry professional. My outside(inherited) income comes from timber sales and agricultural rentals, I don't need 'employees', beyond a lawyer on retainer,
and an accountant. The rest of my income is from investment, which I can do myownself. In other words, you don't have a clue, so it might be best to keep your ignorance to yourself.
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Heretic wrote:..
Will just because a person doesn't vote, doesn't mean they vote for the other guy. I MHO the one who doesn't vote should complian more because of what we voters did.
i'm not a solid believer that a non-vote is a vote for the other guy but in the context of racially motivated voting a non-vote for the white guy is a voter who isn't racially driven to go against a black guy as was implied so in that sense those that didn't vote McCain were willing to let the black guy win and you have to remove them from Zuruck's stereotype of all those 'racist conservatives' that he thinks dominate the process.