Looking For "4D" Missions

Pyro Pilots Lounge. For all topics *not* covered in other DBB forums.

Moderators: fliptw, roid

Indy_Bull
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Looking For "4D" Missions

Post by Indy_Bull »

Preferably for D2.

And as a side-topic, I'm also trying to get my hands on a Mac copy of D3. Anyone know where I can find one? I've already checked Ebay and Amazon.
sdfgeoff
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Looking For "4D" Missions

Post by sdfgeoff »

The only one I know is pentacircle, and I'm keen to find some more.
Eh?
Naphtha
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Naphtha »

Never played "Pentacircle," but it looks pretty cool from what I saw on YouTube. The only other ones I know are from Levels of the World, which I believe included "In Square Out" and a multiplayer-only one called "Abandoned Base." Not sure if either of those fit what you were looking for, but that's all I got.

Have you tried GOG.com for a copy of D3? I'd expect them to have a port for a Mac.
First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!
Indy_Bull
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Indy_Bull »

NaphthaTurisas wrote:Never played "Pentacircle," but it looks pretty cool from what I saw on YouTube. The only other ones I know are from Levels of the World, which I believe included "In Square Out" and a multiplayer-only one called "Abandoned Base." Not sure if either of those fit what you were looking for, but that's all I got.
Found ISO on descentvalhalla. Still looking for "Abandoned Base." (If anyone has a link to it on DMDB, I'd appreciate it!)

NaphthaTurisas wrote:Have you tried GOG.com for a copy of D3? I'd expect them to have a port for a Mac.
Yes. The only version they have listed is the Windows version. There is nothing indicated about other OS ports.
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Enzo-03 »

Well, Levels Of The World is for D1, not D2.

Though he did say "preferably" as opposed to "only".

I think the 4D craze may have been more popular in D1's day but I was really really young in those days and can't say for sure. If I remember right though, Levels of the World has quite a few 4D levels in it but..

Well, lets just say a lot of the levels in that pack just make no sense :)
We will not have signatures in the future.
Naphtha
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Naphtha »

Hahah, definitely. The feeling I get from a lot of them is that the designers wanted to say "look what we can do with the game engine/level builder," whereas the popular thing here is designs that flow very well and look professional, as well as nice challenging gameplay. Not as much experimentation for the sake of experimentation. Looking back, there were a few good ones in that set, but a lot of them are still really trippy... so you can see why most of my Descent dreams seemed to take bits and pieces from the pack. XD

I think "Barium" is another you 4D-heavy one from the level set, but there's got to be more besides those three. Again, I wish I could recommend more D2 levels, but I only really know D1 levels that fit the bill.
First Lieutenant for the Red Dragons in the Descent Rangers. Join our ranks today!