Logitecht G5, assigning buttons in D3

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

bremzen
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Logitecht G5, assigning buttons in D3

Post by bremzen »

Hi there,

I can't seem to get all my mousebuttons to work in Descent 3.
The mouse is a Logitech G5, usb.
Left, right and middle button & scroll work ok, but of the two buttons on the side (buttons 4 & 5) Descent 3 only recognizes one.
I really would like to bind slide up & down to these buttons so I hope someone here has a solution...

any help much appreciated, thanks!
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: Logitecht G5, assigning buttons in D3

Post by Krom »

Descent3 doesn't natively support more than 4 button mice, but you can work around it (and an annoying framerate dependency) using x-mouse: http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMou ... ontrol.htm
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Setpoint... use it.... the program that came with the G5

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
bremzen
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by bremzen »

Yep, setpoint did the trick
thanks!
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

I use it all the time, nice to have different configurations for different games and apps, I usually use the default key bindings from the game/application itself that way if I delete/create a new game/app profile the mouse is already setup by default. In FPS games I sometimes override the mouse wheel tilt to game default key bindings for lean functions

ENJOY

If you you play Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3 (M$CFS3) with TrackIR then kill set point before you play ( known issue ) to be able to use TrackIR without any issues

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.