descent 3 multiplayer on Intel macs / OSX

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

bl1ndlight
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

descent 3 multiplayer on Intel macs / OSX

Post by bl1ndlight »

Hi, I used to play D3 about 7 years ago, but drifted off after D3 stopped working on OSX and new macs. A few days ago I noticed a build floating around of an unofficial "Intel cider" mac port of the PC version of d3+merc that this guy did: http://portingteam.com/doc/2010/03/desc ... tel-cider/

He claimed to not have tried multiplayer with it, so I tested it out today on a descentforum.net server and it seemed to work great minus the mouse sensitivity seeming very jittery/sketchy. I still have no idea if it will recognize a joystick properly. But anyway this might whet some macers appetites who haven't played in forever :D

Does anyone know of this port and the issues with it or want to help me figure out a workable scheme for it?
Valin Halcyon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Re: descent 3 multiplayer on Intel macs / OSX

Post by Valin Halcyon »

Umm...since you have a modern mac, why not just bootcamp and be happy?
bl1ndlight
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Re: descent 3 multiplayer on Intel macs / OSX

Post by bl1ndlight »

yeah good caII, if I get serious about pIaying again I might set it up, but not having windows or a windows copy of D3 handy, coming across that version was a neat & quick bIast to the past :roll: Anyway for the record mpIayer indeed works on the cider-wrapped port