So I wanted to get back into Descent 3 and ...

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

Rican
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

So I wanted to get back into Descent 3 and ...

Post by Rican »

I can't get my Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X to work. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I have a 965 Extreme running at 4.1 GHz in an ASUS P6T Deluxe Mobo. A Diamond 7960 video card. Does anyone know of a hack or something I can use?
Rican
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Re: So I wanted to get back into Descent 3 and ...

Post by Krom »

Does the joystick show up in the Devices and Printers control panel applet? If so, run the Descent 3 launcher application and check to see if it is showing in the joystick tab of the setup screen.
TigerRaptor
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by TigerRaptor »

Rican
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Rican »

Krom wrote:Does the joystick show up in the Devices and Printers control panel applet? If so, run the Descent 3 launcher application and check to see if it is showing in the joystick tab of the setup screen.
The joystick shows up normally in the Windows 7 game controller window. I can see all the buttons and the axis works in the property window. D3 just has "Joystick 1" in the joystick field. The issue is if I try to configure the primary button for instance, it does not see that I hit the buttons. I have D3 patch 1.5 beta.

I already downloaded and installed the driver.
Rican
Rican
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Rican »

User error... I forgot you need to click on Joystick in the Options. I feel like such a noob...

Thanks for the help!

I actually brought the Thrustmaster back for a Logitech 3d pro before I saw the joystick option. I'm sort of glade I did. The button placement is much better on the 3d though it doesn't feel as good in the hand. It also isn't built as good as the Thrustmaster.
Rican
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Enzo-03 »

iirc For multiplayer most people use the 1.4 patch, so you might wanna have an installation for 1.4 as well.
We will not have signatures in the future.