Anyone validate the newly returned "Mobius"

For questions, special requests, or any complaints concerning the Descent BB.

Moderators: Krom, Lothar, Richard Cranium, KoolBear

snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Anyone validate the newly returned "Mobius"

Post by snoopy »

Something just feels a little bit fishy.

When you guys got him back onto his old account, did you do something to make sure it wasn't an impersonator? I mean, I don't know what someone would gain out of impersonating him on the DBB, but I'm just curious. Showing up a peddle a new game just feels fishy.

If it's really you, Mobius, then I still don't feel particularly bad because I'm trying to protect your identity. Maybe I should feel bad for forgetting your personality enough that I can't tell.

If it isn't really you, I hope this thread stirs things up enough that the real guy's identity is protected.
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
roid
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: Anyone validate the newly returned "Mobius"

Post by roid »

old Mobi would often champion and peddle new descent-like games (N-Trap, Zero-G marines). and he talks the same, same pro-active style of promotion, long posts :). He's using a new ISP, but that's not unusual after 2 years and some house moves, it's still an NZ IP address.
It all seems legit to me, nothing outof order.

Mind you, i thought Acecombat was for real :E . So Jedi mind tricks do work well on me.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

I checked the IP he was using to post ahead of time and it is assigned to an ISP for use in New Zealand, which is about the limit of the available tools I have here...
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

Yeah, those were Mobius posts to a T. :P
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Definitely him.