Descent Task Force Rebooted & D1 18th Anniversary!

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Descent Task Force Rebooted & D1 18th Anniversary!

Post by Gold Leader »

Hi all :)

Some time ago a good friend of mine and I Co-Founded a Descent gaming league to retain the Descent gaming community, thus we named it as Descent Task Force, even that the place ran great for like 4 months, after these golden days my friend Celestial got ill and was MIA for 12 weeks, and during these days the activity of the Descent Task Force was bleeding.

So an other good friend of mine aka PigmyRhino aka PigmyMonoclonius from Red Dragons Squadron, Descent Rangers and I as Tylosaurus have decided to reboot the place with a new forum and 4 Admins, so if a few get ill there shall always be one around.

Our new place can be found here:
Click to Enter!

So hereby we are seeking our old members and many new members too, our mission is to keep the Descent games alive this way.

The games we play use DXX-Rebirth only, this is most commonly used for Descent 1 & 2 multiplayer, Descent 3 players are also welcome, also if you are from a Descent clan or league you are also welcome, the DTF is here to make the Descent universe a happier one and pleasant one for all types of Descent players. D2X-XL can be played for single player, but multiplyer wise we can only accept DXX-Rebirth, since it's more stable and much more to the point when it comes to hosting games and such under various operating systems.

On December 17, 2012 , this year, Descent 1 will meet it's 18th Anniversary, this is the date the game officially launched as the 3.5" FDD Edition.

As Co-Founder of the Descent Task Force, I am planning this event to take place on December 17, 2012 :)

Let's take a walk down Memory Lane shall we :mrgreen:

Within the EUR it looks like this:
Image Image Image

Outside the EUR it looks like this:
Image Image Image

This day we shall host and play Descent 1 based games only, other versions of Descent like Descet2 & Descent 3 series shall not be hosted nor played.
That people still play an 18 year old game always surprises me greatly, this day will be seen a major one within the entire Descent community and I will pass this on, in almost every forum I am a part of, to draw the greatest attention to this great day, one many of us shall never forget.

So hereby I am looking forward to see multiple games being hosted on that day and night.

Happy Flying everyone and keep your wings leveled! 8-)
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Re: Descent Task Force Rebooted & D1 18th Anniversary!

Post by Enzo-03 »

Mmmmm

Maybe, just maybe, I won't have fucked up so much that I won't be able to play on the anniversary. :)

Looking forward to it.
We will not have signatures in the future.
Valin Halcyon
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Valin Halcyon »

Assuming this will be on the tracker?
Gold Leader
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Gold Leader »

Enzo-03 wrote:Mmmmm

Maybe, just maybe, I won't have **** up so much that I won't be able to play on the anniversary. :)

Looking forward to it.
Sure will be I mostly advise Descent Valhalla hehe, best tracker around xD :mrgreen:
Blue-Leader: Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0, 4x 4096MB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram, Supermicro H8DAE-2
Firefox: Dual Two-Core AMD OpteronDP 285 E6, 4x 2048MB PC-3200 ECC Reg HP/Micron Server Ram, ASUS K8N-DL
Sapphire Wolf
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Sapphire Wolf »

Eh, [Skyrim guard]I used to be a DTF member, but then I took an arrow in the knee.[/Skyrim guard]