My Next Stunt...

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

SilverWolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

My Next Stunt...

Post by SilverWolf »

In my random searches for other information, I've been reading through complaints, both recent and ancient, about Descent 3's Lv. 6 boss, the Homunculus. I don't have much appreciation for this dude either. With a 360 degree field of view (meaning he can melee you even if you're behind him, a 220 m/s attack speed, entirely too much stopping power for its aggression, and a super-homing weapon, who actually enjoys fighting this guy? Every time I get to him, I hit $warp 7. Am I right or wrong when I say we need a homunculus that is challenging, but still fun? I propose this:

1. Let's discuss this for a few weeks until we arrive at a concensus of corrective actions for this boss.
2. We'll implement and test the outcome of our deliberations.
3. We'll either accept the changes, or return to talk about what went wrong.

A few things I already tried:
1. I tried to decrease his "delta velocity," to make him a little more like Tubbs. The idea was to make him ping-pong himself around like the big, dumb piece of scrap metal he was, and he just ended up slowing down earlier, anyway.
2. The other thing I attempted was a nerfing of his vomit. I tried to make it more like EMD, with a similar field of view and turning capability, but for some reason it still acted like "normal."
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Re: My Next Stunt...

Post by Alter-Fox »

He's actually my favourite boss in D3 Retribution :( ...

well except for maybe the dragon
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Are you kidding?!

The Homunculus is easily the most fun boss in D3 Retribution. The final boss is close, and the rest are way too easy.
SilverWolf
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by SilverWolf »

Yeah, of course I was kidding... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: