So, need to get Descent 3 installed back onto my machine...

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

So, need to get Descent 3 installed back onto my machine...

Post by []V[]essenjah »

So guys, I haven't played in years and I'm looking to get this thing set up. What are we all using for chat these days? Where can I find the editors and editing tools?

Also, anyone know where I can get a copy of Descent 3? Think my old disk is scratched. Had another copy but it got lost after a couple of moves in the past two years. Anyone want to lend an old pilot a hand?
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Re: So, need to get Descent 3 installed back onto my machine

Post by Top Gun »

[]V[]essenjah wrote:Also, anyone know where I can get a copy of Descent 3? Think my old disk is scratched. Had another copy but it got lost after a couple of moves in the past two years. Anyone want to lend an old pilot a hand?
Boosh
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Enzo-03 »

The vortex client works for connecting to both games and chats and mission-grabbing:
http://www.slyclan.de/

Descent Valhalla has a ton of resources for all three games, including a chat and tracker and downloads including the level editing tools, modding tools, a huge selection of missions, etc.
http://www.descentvalhalla.com/
We will not have signatures in the future.
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Always good to see another person coming back! Hope to see you in the mines soon :lol:
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
mzero
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by mzero »

You can find a Descent 3 installer at dateiliste.com, as long as you have a Descent 3 license, even if your CDs are scratched.
There are missions, vortex, and one of the latest D3Edit version in it. :)
Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Pandora »

are people still playing? have been thinking of playing more and more the last few weeks. then again, I remember all to well, how boring it was to only get games in Skybox or Subway Dancer.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

I've always wished that Descent's multiplayer had centered far more around the team-based modes than it did. I mean, I enjoyed Anarchy well enough back in the day, but after a while, playing a basic deathmatch round over and over just gets very...dull. Even CTF adds much-needed complexity to the strategic level, and I really wish that Entropy hadn't been as near-ignored as it was.
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Foil »

Speaking of multiplayer complexity and team dynamics, did any of you guys ever try my "BreakOut" mod for Descent3?
Alter-Fox
The Feline Menace

Post by Alter-Fox »

Hrm... Team Modes...
I like Team Anarchy, Team Hoard... I never got to play Entropy but I want to try :(. I detest CTF. Or maybe I detest the one and only CTF level that ever gets played, it's hard to tell.
And I can't play any game if I don't have a soundtrack. It bores me to hell. You probably shouldn't take me seriously. Well actually there was one game I really liked that didn't have a soundtrack per-se... but only ever the one.

Anyway, I'd recommend the Dateiliste installer to get you started because it includes all the patches (including a neat little program to switch between 1.4 and 1.5!) and pretty much every mission you'll ever play online. Which is sadly such a very small proportion of the multiplayer missions it includes.
I'm not sure if it includes the Army of Haloon demo now too...
Ship's cat, MPSV Iberia: beware of cat.
Beware my original music, at http://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden.