Help on Level 6 (D3)

Descent mission help and more WARNING: Spoilers inside!

Moderator: AceCombat

JohnnnY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Help on Level 6 (D3)

Post by JohnnnY »

Hi, I'm the new member here( Heres comes the bashing =/ ). Anyways, I just started doing single player for the first time in d3 because PXO is down. I'm having a hard time in level 6. I found the first two items, which are the collectors and and builders item. Now, I gotta find the high priest item key because the door won't let me get in without it, but I do not know where it is. Any help on finding it? Thanks..
JohnnnY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JohnnnY »

Hmm. Does it have something to do with shining the headlight somehere? Thats what I read just now. I'm gonna go try that.
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

It's been a long time since someone asked for help finding the priest icon.

Have you tried using the automap function (press tab key) or using the guidebot to help you find something? If you can't find the room where the icon is in, face the locked door, turn around 180 degrees go straight (well, you do need to go around a column.) Once in the room, there are visual clues on the floor and ceiling, so turn on your headlight.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

oooohhhhhkaayyyyyy...

This is a little involved. .. first. Have you placed the first 2 icons in their appropraite alcoves? To do so, use the "use" key. cycle thru they items list.

The high priest icon is thru the door in that little area. There is a "path" you need to follow or trace to disable the shield-wall at the back fo the chamber. The Path is revealed by 2 ways: 1) Arrow on the cieling that you can see highlighted with the headlights on, or 2) follow the blood dropplets on the floor. :)

*hint* paths starts off by going right off the middle row thatyou come in on.
JohnnnY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JohnnnY »

Ok I put the 2 icons into their things and I started flying around a little. I started from the door and just backed up and the door openened lol. Thanks for the help. = ) bad thng now is that I had 160 sheilds and 0 Energy with only Lasers lol. Ok, now for the 2nd chamber, I see a bunch of arrows on the walls, but I gotta fly in a certain way I guess.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

correct. The arrows on the ceiling. You need to face up and slide in the direction in the way you need to go.

Like I said, there is the blood on the floor too, but its a bit harder to see.
JohnnnY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JohnnnY »

Hmm, by blood stains, do you mean those pink marks on the floor? I got a little confused with the arrow parts because of the directions of them heh.
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

yea.
Kyouryuu
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by Kyouryuu »

You just need to stare at the ceiling for a bit. I think navigating with the ceiling arrows is easier than staring down at the little blood droplets. Maybe the Automap would also help to reveal the path, since it simplifies the geometry, so you can more easily tell which ceiling tiles are arrows and which aren't?
De Rigueur
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by De Rigueur »

If you have 0 energy, you can get a fill up. There is a guidebot option to locate energy for you.
Krom
DBB Database Master
DBB Database Master
Location: Camping the energy center. BTW, did you know you can have up to 100 characters in this location box?

Post by Krom »

Just turn on the headlight and look at the celing, thats what makes the arrows stand out.
JohnnnY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JohnnnY »

Ok I know about the arrows on the ceiling. But what are they trying to say? Fly in that direction? I noticed that they go in a quarter-pipe motion all 3 arrows, but they face a different direction each one.
Top Gun
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Gun »

When you're looking at the ceiling arrows, you'll see one that is lighter than the others. Fly in the direction of that arrow. The easiest way is to point your nose at the ceiling and slide in the direction of the arrows. Turning off auto-leveling, if you haven't already, will prevent your ship from automatically pointing back down again. As you follow the arrows, you'll come to one that points in two different directions, left and right. You'll have to choose either direction and follow it; you'll come back to the same square later, and then you take the opposite direction. I'm not sure which direction is right, so just pick one; if it doesn't work, start over and choose the opposite direction.
AceCombat
Owned by Timex
Owned by Timex

Post by AceCombat »

get me in a Multi player Co-Op game and i can show you the route easily. i have it memorized
hit me up with a email. or PM on here
JohnnnY
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by JohnnnY »

Sounds good to me, how bout tomorrow?