Israel, WTF???

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Pandora
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Israel, WTF???

Post by Pandora »

Israel has admitted for the first time that it has been giving Ethiopian Jewish immigrants birth-control injections, often without their knowledge or consent.
and
Nearly 100,000 Ethiopian Jews have moved to Israel under the Law of Return since the 1980s, but their Jewishness has been questioned by some rabbis. Last year, the Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, who also holds the health portfolio, warned that illegal immigrants from Africa “threaten our existence as a Jewish and democratic state”.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 68800.html

thought I could not be shocked by some news anymore, but this one did. Very much underreported, no?
Are there any sources that dispute this?
flip
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Israel, WTF???

Post by flip »

Sickening if true and I wouldn't doubt it one bit. Wouldn't be the first time either. Definitely needs to be confirmed.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

I wonder how that technique would work on our Mexican immigration problem?
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Particularly creepy considering the history of the Jews at the hands of Hitlers henchmen.
My gut tells me that it is unlikely because of that history. On the other hand, because of that history, they are the most hypersensitive bunch when it comes to anything that threatens their ability to continue the race....
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Pandora wrote:
Israel has admitted for the first time that it has been giving Ethiopian Jewish immigrants birth-control injections, often without their knowledge or consent.
and
Nearly 100,000 Ethiopian Jews have moved to Israel under the Law of Return since the 1980s, but their Jewishness has been questioned by some rabbis. Last year, the Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, who also holds the health portfolio, warned that illegal immigrants from Africa “threaten our existence as a Jewish and democratic state”.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 68800.html

thought I could not be shocked by some news anymore, but this one did. Very much underreported, no?
Are there any sources that dispute this?
didn't ThunderBunny start a thread on this news item? :wink:
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Duper
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Duper »

other article and vid

Still another article. Clik read commends. >.<

Note the dates. This was from last year some time. The OP link is a bit "late" to the news.

Even earlier still Oct 6, 2010

Ok, Main source for link above: Jan 6, 2010

OP seems to set the item on fire though. First search and you get a LOT of results from that one. It took 2 years for this to gain traction.