Multiple monitors on an arm mount for a desk?

For system help, all hardware / software topics NOTE: use Coders Corner for all coders topics.

Moderators: Krom, Grendel

[]V[]essenjah
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Multiple monitors on an arm mount for a desk?

Post by []V[]essenjah »

Hey, just recently started setting up a new home-office desk for both work and play. I needed a lot more space and found a nice glass desk on sale at the local Office Max for $100. It's really spacious and you can buy it in sections. I'm planning to buy a second desk and a corner-piece so I can link them all up into one really big corner desk next week. Anyway, my only disappointment is that I run dual monitors (I hope to run triple soon) on top of a shelf, where these will be now sitting down low. I was wondering about maybe using an arm mounting system for monitors that attaches them to my desk? Anyone know about these? Any affordable ones out there that are decent? Say $100-$200 range?
Foil
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Re: Multiple monitors on an arm mount for a desk?

Post by Foil »

Why go arm-mounts? Just get a couple of monitor risers. That's what I've done at my last three workplaces; keeps the monitors up high, and the ones that have a bit of storage underneath can be really handy.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Re: Multiple monitors on an arm mount for a desk?

Post by BUBBALOU »

Glass desk? Might have an issue with that unless the clamp is specially designed to prevent disrupting the breaking point(tempered glass) since the edges are the weakest point.

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.