What is, and what should never be

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

What is, and what should never be

Post by Will Robinson »

Politicians with bloated paychecks for life and full benefits, etc.
and
Nothing. No pension, no health care, and no protection for himself or his family.

Read more: Man Who Killed Osama Bin Laden - Treatment of Veteran Who Shot bin Laden
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: What is, and what should never be

Post by Tunnelcat »

I've got a better idea. Hand 'em a rifle, send 'em to Afghanistan and give 'em a taste of what they send our troops over there to do. We wouldn't have to feel guilty when they get killed either. Most politicians are nothing better than bullet or IED fodder anyway.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Hmmm. Even though I still think politicians are the scum of the earth, I thought something smelled a little "off" about this Esquire story.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/esq ... 15575.html
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

The rebuttal seems weak...no coverage for family etc.

My point, however, isn't even close to being put to rest. Politicians get outrageous lifetime benefits if they serve a similar stretch to the Vets and exempt themselves from all sorts of laws and hardships while they 'serve' and they are typically in no danger during their alleged 'service'.

Contrast that with the SEAL team member in the example and I say they need to switch the coverage and benefits packages between wartime veterans and politicians to make things right.

I'd go so far as to say any congress that authorizes war must convene and conduct business from the war zone (behind our front lines) for at least 25% of it's time in session every year that the war carries on. They must live in the same quarters as the men they send into harms way and eat the same food at the same tables, be limited to the same conditions, etc.
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Probably the worst guy ever to piss off.