The long arm of the Mossad

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

The long arm of the Mossad

Post by Nightshade »

...took out Imad Mughniyah- the animal that killed our marines in Lebanon (241 Americans dead) and our embassy (58 Americans dead.)

On the fifth anniversary of the assassination of Imad Mughniyah, a.k.a. “The Iranian Jackal,” much new information about the hunt for the terrorist most wanted by Mossad and the FBI has emerged.
http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... as-killed/

An amazing read...one that will make a great movie some day.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Re: The long arm of the Mossad

Post by SilverFJ »

Way to cheer for one side of the terrorist war.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

SilverFJ wrote:Way to cheer for one side of the terrorist war.
Yes. The good guys. The civilized man against the murderous savage.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

well, the statement above tells one all one needs to know about objectivity and rationality on TBs part.....not that we didn't know already.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

So slick, you think we should all embrace madmen and terrorists with the same love we do sane and rational people? Were you also rooting for Dorner?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:So slick, you think we should all embrace madmen and terrorists with the same love we do sane and rational people? Were you also rooting for Dorner?
of course not, but the conduct of the Israeli's is and has been tantamount to state-sanctioned terrorism. No question for those of us who take off the rose colored glasses of ethnic/religious favoritism.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

yup....sane and rational. Along with secretive and above the law:
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 ... ner-x?lite
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:So slick, you think we should all embrace madmen and terrorists with the same love we do sane and rational people? Were you also rooting for Dorner?
of course not, but the conduct of the Israeli's is and has been tantamount to state-sanctioned terrorism. No question for those of us who take off the rose colored glasses of ethnic/religious favoritism.
And what do you call our drones killing terrorists...all by the word of one man. I wonder what we would be doing if we were surrounded by enemies that were constantly telling us how they were going to wipe us off the map, then to proceed to lob missiles on us.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:
And what do you call our drones killing terrorists...all by the word of one man. I wonder what we would be doing if we were surrounded by enemies that were constantly telling us how they were going to wipe us off the map, then to proceed to lob missiles on us.
as you know, I have a problem with that, too, it leaves us without the moral high ground from which the US has been able, in the course of history, to operate from......and, since you mentioned Dorner, I have a problem with a nation that sends men to war, allows them to return obviously troubled and damaged and then simply lets them go to fend for themselves(because that seems to be exactly what happened there).
George Orwell---"1984"
SilverFJ
DBB Cowboy

Post by SilverFJ »

Just because America has Israel's back doesn't mean they're the good guys. They drove off an entire indigenous population and established a class system there... There's more than one reason people are against them.
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:well, the statement above tells one all one needs to know about objectivity and rationality on TBs part.....not that we didn't know already.
Yes, I am on Israel's side.
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

SilverFJ wrote:Just because America has Israel's back doesn't mean they're the good guys. They drove off an entire indigenous population and established a class system there... There's more than one reason people are against them.
More like European leaders in the wake of WWII drove out anyone who thought they had a claim to the region because they didn't want the displaced Jews to relocate in their countries. The Jews weren't real keen on a return to Germany and surrounding areas. Faced with the situation the Euroweenies said the Jews were a 'troublesome people, let them have their desert'....
Overall I'd say they were troubled more than troublesome, people have been trying to kill them off since time has been recorded!

The U.S. was reluctant but went along with it.

Kind of a simplified version of the roles played by all concerned in modern times. The Jews had been looking to make it a home for centuries.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

SilverFJ wrote: They drove off an entire indigenous population and established a class system there...
You mean like we did with the American Indian? Or the Australians did with the Aborigines ?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
SilverFJ wrote: They drove off an entire indigenous population and established a class system there...
You mean like we did with the American Indian? Or the Australians did with the Aborigines ?
sort of.....you are arguing that this is correct to do? Just because it is fait accompli in some places doesn't make it a model for the future.
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:
woodchip wrote:
sort of.....you are arguing that this is correct to do? Just because it is fait accompli in some places doesn't make it a model for the future.
Is 1948 the future?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

no, was asking a hypothetical, still doesn't excuse the ongoing terrorist state which is Israel, nor the developing new Apartheid which is the Jewish State.
Sorry, TB, but no room here for excuse-making. You can back them all you want, but they sadly have chosen to go the route of evil.
George Orwell---"1984"
Sergeant Thorne
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Sergeant Thorne »

What's so evil about it?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Sergeant Thorne wrote:What's so evil about it?
ongoing theft of Palestinian land, discrimination against Jews from Africa, military incursions into Palestinian homes with no cause, use of maiming weapons against civilians in Lebanon,denial of water rights to other nations in the region, etc,etc. They have, as I argued about the US, surrendered any moral high ground they might have claimed.
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:
Sergeant Thorne wrote:What's so evil about it?
ongoing theft of Palestinian land, discrimination against Jews from Africa, military incursions into Palestinian homes with no cause, use of maiming weapons against civilians in Lebanon,denial of water rights to other nations in the region, etc,etc. They have, as I argued about the US, surrendered any moral high ground they might have claimed.
Leftist anti-Israeli propaganda from a leftist. I really am shocked, shocked I tell you.

All of those accusations, save one, are fallacious at best. As to discrimination against Jews from Africa- yes, there is a racist minority of Israelis that are perpetrating this- but isn't there something similar going on in just about every country on the face of the planet?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

ThunderBunny wrote:Leftist anti-Israeli propaganda from a leftist. I really am shocked, shocked I tell you.

All of those accusations, save one, are fallacious at best. As to discrimination against Jews from Africa- yes, there is a racist minority of Israelis that are perpetrating this- but isn't there something similar going on in just about every country on the face of the planet?

every last one is not only true, but well documented......hell, the military took over a middle class Palestinian home during a visit by Sixty Minutes a few years back, and it turns out they do that all the time. The water issue has been a thorn in the region's side for decades. The use of non-standard ordinance in Lebanon is well documented. On and On......Feel free to deny, but you are backing a bunch of zealot bullies. No worse than their enemies, in most cases, to be fair. Arm em all and let them fight it out, or arm none of them and let them sort it out. Either way, I don't wish to see the US taking sides.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
ThunderBunny wrote:Leftist anti-Israeli propaganda from a leftist. I really am shocked, shocked I tell you.

every last one is not only true, but well documented......hell, the military took over a middle class Palestinian home during a visit by Sixty Minutes a few years back, and it turns out they do that all the time. The water issue has been a thorn in the region's side for decades. The use of non-standard ordinance in Lebanon is well documented. On and On......Feel free to deny, but you are backing a bunch of zealot bullies. No worse than their enemies, in most cases, to be fair. Arm em all and let them fight it out, or arm none of them and let them sort it out. Either way, I don't wish to see the US taking sides.
Ummm, you got anything to back up your hyperbole?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:
callmeslick wrote:

Ummm, you got anything to back up your hyperbole?
been down this road too many times......do your own research. Frankly, I am busy with too many other things to go on a Google Search Fest. If the thread is still going, for whatever reason, after the weekend, I will oblige.

seriously, woody, I'm not trying to be a wiseass.....I am trying to prep a house of mine for spring sale, and wife is in the hospital. Time is limited. You should, however, have enough track record to know that I don't simply make things up, and that documentation of every assertion I made above is very available and very public.
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

First off, sorry to hear your wife is in the hospital. Hope she recovers quickly and gets back home.

What you have is a track record of is unsubstantiated opinions you expect us to believe at face value. I expect you to back up your claims. And no I am not doing research to prove what you post.
Burlyman
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Burlyman »

There are no good guys. Your president Dubya lied to americans and sent their children off to die for no reason whatever and calls himself a Christian. How is that good? Just because he isn't Obama?
--Neo, the fourth greatest pilot in the universe
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

discrimination against African workers(scholarly, and sort of a dull read):
http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1525/sp.2002.49.3.416
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

is old 'Slick the only one questioning military practices and potential war crimes? Apparently not:
http://www.vtjp.org/report/

thanks for the kind words re: my wife, Woody. She is on the mend, and will be back keeping me in line soon! :)
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:water rights issues:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11101797
To a degree you have a point except the present situation the Palestinians find themselves in dates back to the 1967 war.
From your link:

"The so-called Six-Day War in 1967 arguably had its origins in a water dispute - moves to divert the River Jordan, Israel's main source of drinking water. "

I have little sympathy for people who tried the same thing and tried to wipe the Jewish people off the map (and lost big time). Perhaps if Hamas tried less terrorism of their own and instead tried reaching an accord with Israel, water might not be as big a issue.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:discrimination against African workers(scholarly, and sort of a dull read):
http://www.jstor.org/stable/10.1525/sp.2002.49.3.416
Again from your link:

" The findings revealed by the analysis lead to the following conclusions. First, a considerable number of Israelis view foreign workers as posing a threat to their economic interests (i.e., wage level, employment opportunities). Second, endorsement of economic discrimination against foreign workers is substantial."

How is this different from American business's using cheap Mexican labor? How is it different from how many of Americans view Mexicans? I think you will find the same bias in Europe against immigrant North Africans.
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:title says it all:
http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/ ... ?page=show
Again you try to paint the actions of a few as the policy of the whole. Once again from your link and perhaps you should start reading them a little closer.:

'This violence has not always plagued the settler community. Although many paint all Israeli settlers as extremists, conflating them with the often-justified criticism of Israeli government policy in the West Bank, the vast majority of them oppose attacks against Palestinian civilians or the Israeli state. In the past, Israeli authorities and the settler leadership often worked together to prevent such assaults and keep radicalism at bay. "
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:is old 'Slick the only one questioning military practices and potential war crimes? Apparently not:
http://www.vtjp.org/report/
Seriously slick, Vermonters for a Just Peace in Palestine/Israel? A group that publishes pro Palestine/anti Israel rhetoric? One that uses Al Jazeera articles to bolster it's case? :

http://www.vtjp.org/articles/articles.php

callmeslick wrote:thanks for the kind words re: my wife, Woody. She is on the mend, and will be back keeping me in line soon! :)
You're welcome. Don't like hearing about anyone or anyone's loved-ones being in need of hospital care.