Descent 1, 2 and 3 Gaming

Meet the people you love to kill (and be killed by) in Descent!

Moderator: Do_Checkor

Sharpie
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Descent 1, 2 and 3 Gaming

Post by Sharpie »

Hello.... Decent players. I am looking to play Descent 1 , 2, and 3 games like the good ole days. The games that are being played nowadays are restricted. I want to play Descent 1 and 2 like the good ole Kali days with no restrictions in joining games. I am looking to play the good ole maps...Vamped, Vamped NYPD, Athena, NYSA, IO, Manes, Neptune, Kegparty, Nocturnal, Pyromania and even Minerva. And of course others maps which were not mentioned. If anyone is interested in playing Descent you can find me in Teamspeak 3. Here is the TS server address. It is called Gaming Infantry and the address is: talonite.typefrag.com:4415. I have created Descent 1, 2, 3 channels so we can chat and play. I do need some help in setting up Descent 3. I am hoping their are some ole school peeps out there playing Descent. Feel free to drop by this TS server for some serious ole school gaming. If you don't have a mic you can type in chat.

Sharpie :)
Ferno
DBB Commie Anarchist Thug

Re: Descent 1, 2 and 3 Gaming

Post by Ferno »

hey, i remember you. long time.
Sharpie
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Sharpie »

Hey Fernooooo WOW it's been a long time.. Yes, I remember you too :) . Hope all is well with you. What have you been up to these days? Can you tell me what is going on with the Descent community? I have been away from the Descent community for a long time. I know the Descent Rangers are active in their own world.. I am wondering about the non-Rangers community. I did start a D1 game last night. The game got full. Big-Rat, DPro, Jediluke, Spud and others played. It was a great game down memory lane. Does anyone play other games besides Descent? If so what games are being played? I play Battlefield 3, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty Black ops 2. At times I will play Left for Dead 2 and Planetside 2. If anyone has Steam by all means add me. My name in Steam is Gz0Sharpz. For Battlefield 3 my name is xSharpiex for Origin.

Sharpie out :)
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Sharpie!

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Sharpie
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Sharpie »

Oh my it's BUBBALOU!!! How are you doing? Hope all is well with you. :D
Sirius
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Sirius »

Actually most of said non-Rangers community is in the Rangers anyway :)
Starting games set to "Open" is absolutely fine, they'll still get people joining, and even Rangers members don't (all) want to play restricted games all the time.
BUBBALOU
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by BUBBALOU »

Sharpie wrote:Oh my it's BUBBALOU!!! How are you doing? Hope all is well with you. :D
Yes oh yes, you still have a Kali serial, we can harass Vrooden and Jupitersio

I seem to have a better workout dodging your stupidity than attempting to grasp the weight of your intelligence.
Ferno

Post by Ferno »

Sharpie wrote:Hey Fernooooo WOW it's been a long time.. Yes, I remember you too :) . Hope all is well with you.
yeah things have been alright so to speak...
What have you been up to these days? Can you tell me what is going on with the Descent community?
Been doing a lot of different things, and what you see here is what's been going on. There's Retrovirus that came about semi-recently, so that's been getting news.
I have been away from the Descent community for a long time. I know the Descent Rangers are active in their own world.. I am wondering about the non-Rangers community. I did start a D1 game last night. The game got full. Big-Rat, DPro, Jediluke, Spud and others played. It was a great game down memory lane.
awesome. Right now, my pad that I play D with is kind fubar'd so one of these days i'll get a replacement
Does anyone play other games besides Descent? If so what games are being played? I play Battlefield 3, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty Black ops 2. At times I will play Left for Dead 2 and Planetside 2. If anyone has Steam by all means add me. My name in Steam is Gz0Sharpz. For Battlefield 3 my name is xSharpiex for Origin.
heh, good ol sharpie :P

I've been playing a lot of different games, mostly FPS's and I've recently started flying helis. Gotta have my D fix somehow, eh? :)
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Hey Sharpie, I don't play D1 or D2, and don't have Teamspeak, but you can occasionally find me playing a game of D3 or waiting in a server to start one up, under the alias "Money!". I play occasionally throughout the week after work (Pacific Time) and random times on weekends. I would love to play with you! And I really like Vamped, Athena, Keg Party - but I'll play anywhere. Not as many players around as there used to be but we still get some games going occasionally
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Sharpie
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Sharpie »

ROFL!!! Kali is still around? OMG!!! Not sure if I can find my serial to Kail.. roll: And to harass Vroodennnn that's a dream come true :lol: I remember back in the day when I harassed that guy. Wow, he use to get really pissed at me and Tankie. :rant: <----Vrooden.

Ferno... I checked out Retrovirus...never heard of it....saw a YouTube video. Interesting indeed. Well, I hope to see some peeps in a game. Hey Money...I need to get my D3 going. So how do I find a game for D3?

Sharpie out
Money!
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Money! »

Ah yea, that's what I forgot haha.

Once you install Descent 3, you should get the 1.4 No CD Patch, install it, and run the d3 Launcher (make sure your internet is set at T1/DSL etc because otherwise servers will kick you).

To look for games, you can use Vortex, it has an automatic level download feature. Once you have the most oft-played levels downloaded, you can quickly go to http://d3.descent.cx/tracker.d3 to see who's playing/join games.

Hope that helps! Kill ya soon.
Birdseye wrote:It's never over
Enzo-03
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Enzo-03 »

Sharpie wrote:ROFL!!! Kali is still around? OMG!!! Not sure if I can find my serial to Kail.. roll: And to harass Vroodennnn that's a dream come true :lol: I remember back in the day when I harassed that guy. Wow, he use to get really pissed at me and Tankie. :rant: <----Vrooden.

Ferno... I checked out Retrovirus...never heard of it....saw a YouTube video. Interesting indeed. Well, I hope to see some peeps in a game. Hey Money...I need to get my D3 going. So how do I find a game for D3?

Sharpie out
Vroo gets trolled to this day. :lol:
We will not have signatures in the future.
Sharpie
DBB Cadet
DBB Cadet

Post by Sharpie »

Thanks for the information Money. I will follow your instructions hopefully I will get D3 going.. Enzo on the subject of Vroo :lol: Poor guy still getting trolled. :twisted2:

Sharpie out