Comprehensive Bug List

Feedback for the Outrage Entertainment D3 dev team members - bug reports, patch issues, your raves (or rants).
MD-2389
Defender of the Night
Defender of the Night

Post by MD-2389 »

Or simply not read the player file if its not a valid name.

------------------
- WEBMASTER and Forum Administrator: http://www.mdstudios.f2s.com/
Benny: Hey O'Conell! It looks to me that I've got all the horses!
Rick: Hey Benny! It looks to me that you're on the wrong side of the river!
- "The Mummy"
sw Max_T
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by sw Max_T »

Just read on PD news from DCrazy about 1.5
So how soon is soon? Image And all of the bugs having "not fixed" or having no comments will not b fixed at all?

------------------
{sw}Max_T
lars
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by lars »

If it is finished now, then it will be around 3-4 weeks before we see it. They have to make the international versions of the patch and last time that took about 3 weeks.

------------------
Lars == Hly == [LL]Freke == Vulpix == Spyro == Methanol == A smilling Fox
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

Quoting Tetrad recently on the mouse/firebutton bug relating to framerate:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Arial" size="3">
Problems I've noticed: Sometimes on the mouse, it would seem that the buttons are not being registered as being held down. I think it's when the framerate is higher than the sampling rate for the mouse, but I'm not sure. (I'm a joystick person first, so these mouse issues are new to me.) For example, if I had the fusion and was holding down the mouse to charge, more often than not it would just fire blob after blob without charging if my framerate was high. Similiarily it would work as normal when it wasn't (although the framerate counter isn't very accurate, so like I said, I can't be certain). I'm using a USB mouse if that makes any difference. It works fine in everything else.
</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a persistant problem...and one that needs to be addressed...

------------------
The Samurai Rabbit Clan is ready for action! http://d3src.cjb.net/
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

I tested the mouse problem the other day and it's definitely a problem. Even Jason Feyers said he experienced it. He also might have a work around for it other than capping your framerate. Unfortunately, I don't think this will be fixed in 1.5. You can always cap your framerate though.

The bugs marked as FIXED are fixed. Stuff marked as NOT FIXED means they're not fixed. That doesn't mean they won't be fixed in future versions of 1.5, but we're getting close to the end so the probability that any of the NOT FIXED bugs will get fixed is pretty low. As for other bugs, which aren't marked as either, I can't tell if they're fixed or not because either I don't have a way to test them (checksum bug), or I don't want to test them (all the singleplayer bugs). The checksum bug, if it isn't fixed already, it probably will be in the final version of 1.5. 1.5 is being created to deal with this, and other cross-platform compatibility problems. We have yet to test 1.5 cross-platform.

------------------
-Suncho
Daguer
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Daguer »

hey suncho, you can test the BP engine glow bug, just tape "byebyemonkey2 and go to a dark corner Image
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

Common sense prevails, Daguer!

------------------
DCrazy
Lead Programmer,
Xtremebuilder - Olympia Gold 3 Team

DBB RESIDENT NEW YORKER
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Daguer, I'd do that if I had merc. =)

------------------
-Suncho
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Daguer, I'd do that if I had merc. =)

------------------
-Suncho
[MS]Testiculese
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by [MS]Testiculese »

6. Name: Tablefile Hack FIXED

Has it been tested by recompiling the hacked table file back into the hog?

------------------
<FONT color="#2f2f4f">�^� �(o¿o)� �^�</FONT>
<FONT color="#ffffff"> [MS] Testiculese</FONT>
<FONT color="#cccccc">Major, Midnight Squadron Descent III Division (Link)</FONT>
Pugwash
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Pugwash »

just saw D3 running on a PC (Im on a MAC). plasma comes out of the pyro much faster on the PC than it does on my or any of my MAC friends machines. no it wasnt a BP it was a regular pyro. any ideas, can someone else verify this, Scrub0 maybe?

------------------
--Captain Pugwash--
Pugwash
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by Pugwash »

if you need any help testing the MAC side or platform compatability lemme know.

------------------
--Captain Pugwash--
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

I have a problem with my All-In-Wonder PRO. No matter what I do ( and I forgot when this happened, it happened for a while now scince the release of 1.4) the levil seems incredibly dark! No, its not the contrast adjustment, it also seems to be missing some colors. Its quite dark in there. it appears to be missing some lighting. This had never happened to me before 1.4. And yes, im not stupid, I did try different drivers and nothing solves the problem. It also happens in OPEN GL. ALso with this missing lighting, It is also MUCH MORE SLOWER! Very strange, I hope 1.5 can fix it.

Plus, I think my card supports reflections (or mayby not), because reflected surfaces does not work for me. Now this is for all versions of the game. Yet this is not as big of a deal as the one above. Too dark and quite slow with some missing colors and lighting. Want me 2 post screenshots to see what I mean?
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Top Wop: Screenshots would be good. Thanks. =)

Pugwash: Graphsim hasn't finished their version for testing yet, but when they do, I'll keep you in mind & we'll definitely check out the plasma thing.

------------------
-Suncho
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

"Top Wop: Screenshots would be good. Thanks. =)"

Oh i will, as soon as I find my CD. Image

------------------
To Borg or not to Borg, the question is irrelevant.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

"Top Wop: Screenshots would be good. Thanks. =)"

Oh i will, as soon as I find my CD. Image

------------------
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but force feedback goes off when viewing a demo. This bug should be fairly reproducable, unless it is a problem locally.
Jeff250
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Jeff250 »

I was rereading my post, and it may have been unclear. Force feedback is active i.e. vibrating and what not for me when viewing demos. I'm not sure if this is a problem locally or a bug in the game however.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

This is what I tried to send to d3bugs@outrage.com but I got a message back saying that the e-mail does not exist. Ill try another one. In fact, the whole d3 site is down, wtf is that!?

November 24, 2001

Dear Tech:

I have a problem with my All-In-Wonder PRO. No matter what I do ( and I forgot when this happened, it happened for a while now scince the release of 1.4) the levil seems incredibly dark! No, its not the contrast adjustment, it also seems to be missing some colors. Its quite dark in there. it appears to be missing some lighting. This had never happened to me before 1.4. And yes, im not stupid, I did try different drivers and nothing solves the problem. It does not work on ALL the drivers. It also happens in OPEN GL. ALso with this missing lighting, It is also very slow. Very strange, I hope 1.5 can fix it. Im a very technical person and I have tried everything but it does not work for me!

Plus, reflected surfaces does not work for me. Now this is for all versions of the game. Does'nt matter what drivers I use, the surfaces do not reflect. Below are some screenshots in a zip from Core where it is easily evident:

http://www.geocities.com/descentfilez/S ... _of_14.zip

I hope you can fix this in 1.5. Thanks!

Alex K.
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

The ZIP file doesn't exist. Image

------------------
Xtremebuilder - Olympia Gold 3
Blin
DBB Captain
DBB Captain

Post by Blin »

[Deleted]
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Oh yes it does! Right click and hit save or use a downloader. Hell, it even works on a MAC! Image

------------------
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

By the way, none of Outrage's e-mail addresses works. Can anyone give me a few to send who are working on 1.5!?

------------------
DCrazy
DBB Alumni
DBB Alumni

Post by DCrazy »

www.descent3.com
www.outrage.com
www.rubutribe.com

They're all down at the moment.

------------------
Xtremebuilder - Olympia Gold 3
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Thanks Roncli, I added it. Top Wop I'll check out those screenshots.

------------------
-Suncho
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Thanks Suncho. E-mail me if you need anything else, I'd really like to have this fixed.
Top Wop
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Top Wop »

Thanks Suncho. E-mail me if you need anything else, I'd really like to have this fixed.
pATChes11
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by pATChes11 »

New wish on my wishlist, now that I think about it: Polynomial-mapped joystick input option. I hate it when I move my stick the slightest bit and my ship moves 10+ degrees... a polynomial mapping equation would help this a lot. Please, please, someone spend the 10 minutes it would require to implement this!! Image Just make it run on a float scale from -1 to 1, and use the equation (x*x)*(x/abs(x)). Cake. Image And, like I said, make it an option, so that those that don't like it don't have to use it. PPLLEEEAAASSSSEE!!!!!!!

ooh, I've seen this one before... On bug 65, Bash said "or perhaps jut some strange link between the mouse, fps and sound API." It's actually that D3 for some reason doesn't poll the mouse (and keys emulated by joystick software as well, interestingly enough) correctly, and at high framerates, it thinks it was turned off, and the next frame, it's on again, playing another sound that lasts a few hundred frames. That's your sound overload. If you try to zoom with the MD while this is occuring, you will not be able to, proving my point.

------------------
-pATCheS

Would.you.like.to.play.a.game?
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

patches, that's why people use CTFJ V320. Go to http://www.stickworks.com and download it.

Are bugs #65, #105, and #125 all because of the same thing then?
------------------
-Suncho
pATChes11
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by pATChes11 »

Bugs 65 and 125 are because of that, yes, but 105 is not. That's a bug in the netcode or something, because your energy is client controlled, and the shields are not. I hate it when I waste half my energy (high FPS does that to the converter too, just like evrything else) on that converter and I get nothing out of it. I think it works in P2P, however.

And thanks for the Stickworks link Image

------------------
-pATCheS

pATChes11
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by pATChes11 »

"CTFJV320.ZIP contains version 3.20 of the CTFJ Joystick Utility for W95 and W98." What was that? Oh, I'm sorry... I do believe that I am using Win2000... :flamepissed:

------------------
-pATCheS

Mr. Perfect
DBB Fleet Admiral
DBB Fleet Admiral

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Oh. I didn't realize you were sending single palyer bugs to my thread, I better get it back up. Image Hmm, some of my list is in here though...

Er, anyhow. #17 should be fixed in 1.5 because all players will have the black pyro, right? Or does it involve modded entries for other mercenary objects too?

------------------
Mr. Perfect a name fraught with peril
------------------
Descent, because gravity is highly over-rated.

The Descent Archives No one to host a gig O' Descent!
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

I still havn't any reply as to whether you can compile a hacked gam file back into the 1.5 HOG or not.

------------------
�^� �(o¿o)� �^�
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Testi, I believe you can, but it won't let you join the game.

------------------
-Suncho
Wolf on Air
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by Wolf on Air »

Just out of curiousity, I'll have a shot at testing just how secure that protection is, once the patch is out.

------------------
Design Assistant, Programmer, Level Designer, hacker etc on the Descent4.NET- and Midnight Squadron Design Studios teams.
pATChes11
DBB Admiral
DBB Admiral

Post by pATChes11 »

I thought you would have said something about CTFJ by now... Image It turns out that it works under Win2000 after all! I tried it, played with the gain settings a little bit, and kicked some ass with my new Mass Image Well, okay, I'm not that good, but I'm a LOT better than I was before. My overall efficiency in most decent client/server games has jumped like 20% or more... Image Thanks Suncho Image

------------------
-pATCheS

Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

<font face="Arial" size="3">Bugs 65 and 125 are because of that, yes, but 105 is not. </font>
Oops, I meant 122, not 105

------------------
-Suncho
Testiculese
DBB Material Defender
DBB Material Defender

Post by Testiculese »

ok, ok, good, just wanted to make sure someone checked into that before it was released..imagine if that was overlooked.

Lastly, 1.5 won't even bother analysing a gam if you run a SP game? I like my GL Tri-Vauss!

------------------
�^� �(o¿o)� �^�
Suncho
DBB Defender
DBB Defender

Post by Suncho »

Right testi, and if you're the server you can still run a modded game or level or whatever. Pacbox worked like a charm. And since they fixed the BP tablefile bug, Jason made the BP into a matching Pacman like the GL and it worked!

------------------
-Suncho