"Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee"

For discussion of life's issues: current events, social trends and personal opinions.

Moderators: Tunnelcat, Jeff250

callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

"Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee"

Post by callmeslick »

Wow, the Christie campaign is in trouble before they even got out of the gate.
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Re: "Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee"

Post by Spidey »

I deny it…I deny it…just like everything that was said about what the Obama supporters were doing during the shutdown.

:roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I had been hearing about this mess for a while, Spidey(as have you, likely),but was sort of surprised the emai with the words in my thread title, being sent by a member of Christie's inner staff well before the traffic lane closure. Now, I am hearing all sorts of testimony that it might have led to the death of one or two people in ambulances stuck in traffic, and it was clearly aimed at a political opponent. As one person put it, a more serious breach of the public trust cannot be fathomed, if, indeed, he purposely hurt people in his own state to exact political revenge on an individual....
"The Party told you to reject all evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

oh, and Spidey.....really, really weak analogy. The government closures and most of the exact details thereof, were laid out WEEKS before the Congress chose to not fund the government. Also, no individual was being 'punished' in the process. Nice deflection, though.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

for those scratching their heads as to what story I'm talking about, the Village Voice has a very good, and sort of funny breakdown of the whole debacle:
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninsca ... o_chri.php
George Orwell---"1984"
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

Is being martyred the same as being punished if you didn't volunteer?
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

I think so, Will.
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

What traffic problems? Everything's chunky-dory!
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
Will Robinson
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Will Robinson »

callmeslick wrote:I think so, Will.
Well then it looks like Spidey was right after all.
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:Wow, the Christie campaign is in trouble before they even got out of the gate.
trouble? THIS? If you consider this trouble then Hillary's campaign is dead before it ever started.

Centrist :lol:
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

What is truly amazing here is, that after all these years, public officials and staff still communicate such things via email. How many peeps have been embarrassed or taken down because of the leaking of such emails. Glad to see if this knocks Christie out of the run for the White House.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:
callmeslick wrote:Wow, the Christie campaign is in trouble before they even got out of the gate.
trouble? THIS? If you consider this trouble then Hillary's campaign is dead before it ever started.

I say what I say not due to any ideology, but due to the way Christie is being absolutely eviscerated on this in LOCAL media, let alone national. Hell, one old woman died in an ambulance stuck in that mess, and for what? Political revenge? I heard one commentator claiming what Christie did was worse than Nixon's lawbreaking. Not a good start. Keep dreaming on Hillary.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

woodchip wrote:What is truly amazing here is, that after all these years, public officials and staff still communicate such things via email. How many peeps have been embarrassed or taken down because of the leaking of such emails. Glad to see if this knocks Christie out of the run for the White House.
this was the core point in that Voice link I posted. If you're going to do something this underhanded, wtf are you sending gleeful emails back and forth over the matter for? Once the legislature got those email records, this thing went from Joisey politics as Usual to a really ugly looking mess.
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master
Location: A Conservative Man in the Liberal bastion of the Pacific Northwest. in Oregon City. Oregon

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:
CUDA wrote:

I say what I say not due to any ideology, but due to the way Christie is being absolutely eviscerated on this in LOCAL media, let alone national. Hell, one old woman died in an ambulance stuck in that mess, and for what? Political revenge? I heard one commentator claiming what Christie did was worse than Nixon's lawbreaking. Not a good start. Keep dreaming on Hillary.
then that commentator is a political hack, and I'm not surprised in the least that you heard him. This issue doesnt even rise to the level of trivial
“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.” 

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:then that commentator is a political hack, and I'm not surprised in the least that you heard him. This issue doesnt even rise to the level of trivial
no, the commentator was a long-time North Jersey correspondant. You might not grasp the issues here, Cuda(no surprise as you are far from local):
1.Two of three bridge ramps from the town of Ft.Lee to the George Washington bridge were closed, with no notice.
2.The GWB is the heaviest traffic bridge in the world
3. The sole motivation for the closure seems to be political revenge
4. The victims were the common citizens of the Ft. Lee area
5. The delays impacted school children, which is, as you say sort of trivial, but what is getting the airplay here in the region is that it severely impacted
EMERGENCY responders. Worst of this issue is that one 92 year old resident DIED unnecessarily while stuck in traffic in an ambulance en route
to a hospital.

So, to sum up, for purely revengeful, petty reasons, around 250,000 citizens of his state were adversely affected. At least one died as a result. And this is a trivial thing for someone sworn to protect his citizenry? Odd sense of moral values, CUDA, if you still think so.
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

You want to talk about morals and yet you put this issues above the presidents lies. (Benghazi, healthcare)
You claim that anyone that criticizes him is a hater. And you choose to latch onto this issue and claim this is going to ruin his candidacy.

SERIOUSLY?

Centrist my ass

stop hating on Christy. Your hate-on is showing

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:You want to talk about morals and yet you put this issues above the presidents lies. (Benghazi, healthcare)
yes, because no one in the Obama admin is proven or has even been suggested to(beyond the loony fringe)be intent on punishing common people to the point of physical harm, as payback for politics.
You claim that anyone that criticizes him is a hater. And you choose to latch onto this issue and claim this is going to ruin his candidacy.

SERIOUSLY?
yes, seriously. You might see this as partisan, but I'm seeing it from the point of view of a longtime political wonk. He's cooked. By way of example, our local programming, on all channels, was just interrupted for over an hour to show LIVE coverage of Christie squirming, apologizing and rationalizing this entire debable. And, my local TV is out of Philadelphia....I can only imagine what the NY/north Jersey market is doing. The NY/NJ bridge commission has requested a FEDERAL criminal review. For a person who has staff trying to round up donor money and support for a Presidential bid, you betcha this is crippling. Fatal? Too soon to tell, but a REAL serious blow. Nothing to do with ideology on my part. Just political theater.
Centrist my ass
you're becoming both bitter, and sort of repetitive.
at least I have enough KNOWLEDGE of the guy to spell his damn name correctly. Yeesh! :roll:
George Orwell---"1984"
Tunnelcat
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Tunnelcat »

Told ya Slick, that this little petty payback of Christie's would blow up in his face. It's always a forgotten email or two that gets them too. After watching his fake take-responsibility-for-the-mistakes-of-his-staffers press conference, he's burying himself deeper. It's always the coverup, then the denials, and the throwing your subordinates under the bus routines that gets these egomaniacs in trouble. I can guarantee you that one of those subordinates will take exception to being thrown under the bus and spill the beans, and I can guarantee you that Christie was fully in charge and knew everything that was going on, because he's that type of leader.
Cat (n.) A bipolar creature which would as soon gouge your eyes out as it would cuddle.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

This afternoon, the former commissioner on the Bridge commission(a high-school pal of Christie's with exactly ZERO transportation experience, BTW), was forced to testify before the NJ Legislature. He took the Fifth. Not a big help for old Chris.
George Orwell---"1984"
CobGobbler
DBB Ace
DBB Ace

Post by CobGobbler »

Plausible deniability is a wonderful thing. Didn't see his press conference, but playing dumb is the smartest thing he could do. Same move that Bush played like a genius.

On a side note, you know it's a decent scandal if even Fox is covering it. Granted you won't hear a second about this on Hannity or whatever else is on late at night. Tonight will be about Obama killing the Lindberg baby and Jesus.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

actually, Cob, I'll suspect that Fox will pound on it, as Christie is WAY to liberal for their homeboys. :twisted2:
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:You want to talk about morals and yet you put this issues above the presidents lies. (Benghazi, healthcare)

SERIOUSLY?

Centrist my ass

by the way, CUDA.....on not one, but two forums, you took a Christie thread and tried to make it about Obama. Why? Are you so obsessed with Obama that EVERYTHING has to be about him? I mean, the subject was what is going on in Jersey with Christie. There are tons of threads dealing with the ACA, Benghazi, Obama-hate, etc, etc. You've posted there enough so that we're pretty clear where you stand. Why always try and turn the subject to that? Want to see a hate-on? Look in the mirror and have someone mention the name Obama.......yeesh. I have never seen people get SO obsessive about their visceral dislike of a politician who clearly was popular enough to win(big) twice. Amazing, and a little sad to watch, and worse to see it nearly every day, someplace. :frown:
George Orwell---"1984"
Nightshade
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by Nightshade »

callmeslick wrote:
CUDA wrote:

I never liked Christie- but Hillary not only let FOUR American citizens die (for supposed political reasons- and thank god no others died)- one was our ambassador!

At the very LEAST it was negligent manslaughter due to incompetence. At worst, it was accessory to murder on the part of your esteemed Mrs. Clinton.
"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" - Mao Zedong
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Sorry dude. I never made it about obama. I brought up hillary, it was actually about your sickening hypocrisy. You know it... your just trying to change the subject. Instead of facing the truth. Just like you always do..

You went into convulsions over a traffic jam. Seriously thats the best you can pin on Christie. A traffic jam? If thats the best you can come up with you must be terrified about your chances in the next election. Then you went and all but accused him of killing a 92 year old woman, you accused him of murder. Yet you never mentioning the cause of death, hrm. And yet Hills can say "what difference does it make" when 4 Americans are killed under her watch and you defend her with your last dying breath. and you want to question my morals :roll:

And then in another thread you started recently,you post and defend a proven lie. A PROVEN lie.... a lie which happens to be about the Democrat that you wish to have elected. Why do you feel the need to parrot a lie? and then you have the balls to claim to be a centrist. You cant tell that lie long enough and loud enough for the people to believe it.

Just man up dude. Admit your stance, a stance that is blatantly obvious to everyone on this board. You're not fooling anyone. Except maybe yourself, Admit your an idealog and then defend your position. at least we could respect that.

― Theodore Roosevelt
snoopy
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by snoopy »

I have to say, I get the impression that this is being trumped up an awful lot by the media. I think maybe they're scared of the possibility of him running for president. I guarantee that this would be a smaller story (except for Fox news) if he had a D in front of his name.
Arch Linux x86-64, Openbox
"We'll just set a new course for that empty region over there, near that blackish, holeish thing. " Zapp Brannigan
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

This all reminds me of McCain and how the press loved him...until he ran for president and then he was eviscerated. Same here with chubby. The press liked him and tried to promote him as the only republican contender for 2016 and now he is dog meat. Kim un treated his uncle better.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

ThunderBunny wrote: but Hillary not only let FOUR American citizens die (for supposed political reasons- and thank god no others died)- one was our ambassador!
and what, pray tell, could she have done to save them?? I mean, she was working with the budget given by the Congress, and had to allocate severely limited funds. Once again, I LOVE how this becomes a Hillary/Obama thread. You all haven't had enough pages to lay out your lame Bengazi case already?
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

snoopy wrote:I have to say, I get the impression that this is being trumped up an awful lot by the media. I think maybe they're scared of the possibility of him running for president. I guarantee that this would be a smaller story (except for Fox news) if he had a D in front of his name.
snoopy, this is about blatant abuse of power to punish people(and not, I strongly suspect anything to do with the mayoral endorsement either). If that isn't germane to someone wishing to be President, I don't know what is.

And, to Woody's point, yes, running for major office, or even posturing for same, gets one under a microscope. Same issue, in a way, as Phil Robertson and TV celebrity. Now, as I point out 'Chubby' always has faced an image problem around being a bully, and abuse of office is a major issue(ask Nixon).
George Orwell---"1984"
woodchip
DBB Benefactor
DBB Benefactor

Post by woodchip »

callmeslick wrote:
ThunderBunny wrote: but Hillary not only let FOUR American citizens die (for supposed political reasons- and thank god no others died)- one was our ambassador!
and what, pray tell, could she have done to save them?? I mean, she was working with the budget given by the Congress, and had to allocate severely limited funds.
I suggest you re-read the congressional testimony of Ms Lamb who quite clearly said it was not a money problem. If it was not a money problem then it was a decision making problem and as such it shows Hillary is not competent to lead this country. Much like Bridge gate clearly shows Christie is not either.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

...can we get back to the topic? I mean, as stated, there are Bengazi threads you all could re-visit anytime.....

Rachel Maddow, say what one will about her, was on this story early.....about 5 weeks or more ago. And, she is STILL on it, thank goodness. Her thrust last night was interesting. The reason Christie can stand up for two hours and deny any inkling that revenge over an endorsment was at cause, was because it WAS NOT. Following the timing, backward, to the email exchange cited in my title, which CLEARLY indicates that this plan had long been in place waiting to be executed, Maddow looks at what happened the day before the call for traffic screwups. Hmmmmm, it seems Christie had a meltdown over his frustration with the New Jersey Senate over judicial appointments. A real, purple-in-the-face sort of public meltdown. That was at 4 pm the day before the email went out(which went out first thing the next morning). And what area does the President of the NJ Senate live in? Bergen County. And what town does that Senator live in? You might have guessed by now: Fort Lee. In which case, it might well be possible that the staff was acting directly on the big guy's orders and wishes.
Now, to get back to my original premise about Christies wishing to be President. Where this is critical is that currently, he is in fundraising and endorsement mode. Both of these activities will be in deep freeze until this thing passes. Thus, until it fades from public view, he has to stay in a sort of limbo that hurts his momentum and makes it far more likely that he will be able to steamroll the rest of the GOP field. Worse, it now looks like this mess has triggered a few processes(House investigation, Senate investigation, Justice Dept investigation, State criminal investigation) that are, if nothing else, SLOW. Hence, the deep freeze sticks around for months, giving his opposition in the Republican field time to gather momentum.
George Orwell---"1984"
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

oh, and for all those who say, this isn't any big deal......Worth noting, the George Washington Bridge is on the TSA high priority target list. As such, ANY disruption to flow or any anomaly,is apparently to be reported to the feds immediately. Any plan that would disrupt that flow is to be cleared by the feds. Messing around with it for a political payback would be a violation of federal law, and also, given how vital the GWB is considered, any plan tinkering with it's traffic would be hard to imagine without the Governor of NJ being aware.
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote: snoopy, this is about blatant abuse of power to punish people.
seriously????
Did you just go down that path with everything that has happened during this current administrations watch to punish the people?

IRS targeting people,
the make it hurt campaign during the shut down.

More rampant hypocrisy spewed by slickster

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:
callmeslick wrote: snoopy, this is about blatant abuse of power to punish people.
seriously????
Did you just go down that path with everything that has happened during this current administrations watch to punish the people?
IRS targeting people,
show me one case where non-partisan individuals were affected, ever.
the make it hurt campaign during the shut down.
no such 'campaign', and the rules by which any shutdown would be conducted were announced WELL BEFORE any Congressional inaction caused them. Again, both a flagrant fail and an attempt to divert to your Obama hate-on. Why?
More rampant hypocrisy spewed by slickster
poor little CUDA, someone's trying to discuss something other than the evil Obama administration. Boo-Hoo!!!
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

callmeslick wrote:show me one case where non-partisan individuals were affected, ever.
So targeting innocent partisan people is ok, just not innocent non-partisan people.

Logic Fail
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:
callmeslick wrote:show me one case where non-partisan individuals were affected, ever.
So targeting innocent partisan people is ok, just not innocent non-partisan people.

Logic Fail
when the whole thing was sorted out, the IRS was slowing down groups with names like 'Progessives for ------" as well as conservative groups, and there were no indications of any systematic attempt at political retribution. Once again, we had threads about this, why the diversionary tactics? Is it too hard for you to focus on anything other than Obama?
George Orwell---"1984"
Spidey
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by Spidey »

No that tactic doesn’t work on me, I could care less what Obama is doing…

The point here is and my other post is…what underlings do in the name of their employers.
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

Spidey wrote:No that tactic doesn’t work on me, I could care less what Obama is doing…

The point here is and my other post is…what underlings do in the name of their employers.
ok, I'll accept that. But, what if the marching orders came from Christie, or he was aware of the plan being created by his asst Chief of Staff and his old High-School buddy on the Port Authority commission(the dude taking the Fifth yesterday PM)?

Boy, the other guy who is going to have his career path screwed, by the way, is Christie's former chief of Staff, who was up for hearings to be the state Attorney General. Those hearings are going to be a LOT different that he planned for, at the very least.
George Orwell---"1984"
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

callmeslick wrote:poor little CUDA, someone's trying to discuss something other than the evil Obama administration. Boo-Hoo!!!
what are you 3 years old?????? my god man grow the ★■◆● up. I understand HH on the other forum better now. because you are just like him. GO AWAY child.

― Theodore Roosevelt
CUDA
DBB Master
DBB Master

Post by CUDA »

Captain double standard wrote:ok, I'll accept that. But, what if the marching orders came from Christie, or he was aware of the plan being created by his asst Chief of Staff and his old High-School buddy on the Port Authority commission(the dude taking the Fifth yesterday PM)?
and as of yet it hasn't been proven that it has, but you seem quite willing to tie him directly to it and accuse him of the death of an elderly woman. and what if all the controversial things that the IRS did came from Obama, some how I don't think you'd have a problem with that. Hypocrisy

― Theodore Roosevelt
callmeslick
DBB Grand Master
DBB Grand Master

Post by callmeslick »

CUDA wrote:
callmeslick wrote:poor little CUDA, someone's trying to discuss something other than the evil Obama administration. Boo-Hoo!!!
what are you 3 years old?????? my god man grow the **** up. I understand HH on the other forum better now. because you are just like him. GO AWAY child.
I asked a serious question: Why do you insist on everything returning to the same tired themes? This is a thread about the impact of this scandal on Christie, not another platform for you to whine about Obama. Instead, you continue the same tired ★■◆●, and then call me a hypocrite to boot. Grow up, indeed!
George Orwell---"1984"